• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

fitchburg gun show

I'm looking forward to this one. Couldn't make the one in Marlboro, plus I should have my license by the time this one rolls around so I won't have to just go & look.

I don't know if all the shows are basically the same, but the Fitchburg venue also has a Coco Key indoor water park! Bring the kids and drop them off at the pool while you shop! ;-)

I would expect it to be the same guys that have shown up at Marlboro, more or less.

-Mike

donno if im going to go to this show. but its doubtful. the malboro show was such a Charlie Foxtrot. you're not going to find any deals, and its far too packed for the entertainment stand point

donno if im going to go to this show. but its doubtful. the malboro show was such a Charlie Foxtrot. you're not going to find any deals, and its far too packed for the entertainment stand point

Pardon me, but I really don't understand these statements. [thinking]

[I'm serious, not criticizing.]

Do you want/expect to find the place almost empty? If so, dealers won't come either (each table cost $75 just to be there) . . . some of them have to pay their help, pay for hotels, meals and travel . . . it's a business. [I oftentimes see complaints from folks that Four Seasons is "too crowded" too. Successful businesses need to be crowded to survive these days . . . or you'll be seeing vacant storefronts.]

I was there from 9:05AM until 5:00PM on Saturday, so I saw it all and the GOAL table was situated so that we could indeed see it all. I walked the show from 9:10AM until ~12:30PM. A few tables were overcrowded, but I was still able to politely wedge in enough to see what sort of stuff they had and either stay or pass.

Even though crowded, I always find gun people to be some of the most polite people that I've ever encountered.

Very true that some do mark up their prices for the shows vs. their stores, but there are some real nuggets of gold in those shows if you look hard enough.

- Most of the multi-table vendors are brick and mortar dealers, who you can establish relationships with and deal with at the shows or at their shops.
- I saw Garands for ~$800, not bad for the retail market.
- I saw M1 Carbines in the $7xx area, with a decent selection.
- There were lots of "black rifles" at all sorts of prices. There were FALs and others that aren't as easy to find in MA gun shops.
- Fred scored an SVT for $300. My understanding is that they are worth well over $1K, but they are beyond my expertise.
- I scored a Colt 1911 Series 70 MK IV for $562 OTD from a brick and mortar business. [I stupidly sold mine 8 years ago for $700.00.]
- I scored some ammo for less that I'd pay at Wal-Mart.
- There were genuine bargains in Mil-Surp 1911 mags ($8 NIW), G22 mags ($15), etc.
- I saw better selections of cleaning supplies, small tools (hemostats are worth their weight in gold for taking apart guns, working in electronics, etc.), small supplies than you'll ever find at any brick and mortar gun shop. Same for targets.
- More used guns of all types than you'll find in brick and mortar gun shops. Admittedly fewer NIB guns than you'll find in an average brick and mortar gun shop. You can get to pick up new guns that are on serious back-order at most brick and mortar gun shops, so at least you can see if it feels good in your hand.
- I like the jerky guy and the spicy sauce guy! I eat my lunch at the jerky tables at every gun show! [wink] I buy the spicy sauces from the other guy. I wouldn't want to see 6 vendors selling this stuff at each gun show, but one of each is just fine with me. YMMV

i have never been to gun show in ma do they have good deals on gun safes or should i just go to fs to get one

it depends what you're looking for. . .

the only safe people at the show are the guys from eastern security in Mendon. I bought one of mine from them at the Springfield show a couple years ago. I might have saved $100.

Their selection is much bigger than what you'll see at 4 seasons too. I don't know the answer, but I wonder if you can get a deal at the show the last day fr a "cash and carry"

gun safes

i have never been to gun show in ma do they have good deals on gun safes or should i just go to fs to get one

if you want a real safe--eastern security and safe in mendon ma. is by far the best place to go-its a gun-security safe store, lots on display to choose from (color/size/options/interior lighting etc.) plus nice guys to deal with. i have a triumph-30 model-very nice and they delivered to my house and got it in my cellar even though naysayers said it would never happen-very professional people-very happy customer seeing my pieces are in a real safe rather than a file cabinet! oh ya- they are always at the marlboro show and possibly the other big shows -- 23 providence road mendon ma.01756 is the address -toll free#1-877-644- 7233 you wont be dissapointed!

Eastern Security & Safe is at ALL the MA gun shows.

They also have a second location in Springfield, to serve those in W. MA/CT/NY/VT.

I'll be there. I'm looking to pick up a cheap as hell Mosin or a couple of restorable antiques. If anyone sees a short, muscular guy in a Fedora chewing on a cigar it's probably me.

...then again, I suppose if there's anywhere you see a lot of people matching that description, it's a gun show :)

Crowded gun shows are a sign of the current political climate. Folks do not want to be the ones saying "if I only bought that, insert firearm name here, prior to the ban".. Yes prices are high, but that is what happens when demand goes up. As to it being crowded, that's a good thing. If folks have a fear of crowds I think there is medication for that[rofl]. Only kidding guys.

Len is correct, I scored a rifle that a fellow NES member wants a grand for the one he has.
The other great part of a show is I get to see you folks. At Marlboro at least 5 members scored deals that I spoke to. That's a good thing.
So hang in there.....brave the crowds, take your time and walk around.

Remember dealers bring items out that they take in trade. One dealer next to me in Marlboro took in a Saiga 308 and turned around and sold it for $400. Find a Saiga 308 for $400 now a days.

I for one will not be there. I will be in New Hampshire looking for property. [wink]

Pardon me, but I really don't understand these statements. [thinking]

[I'm serious, not criticizing.]

Do you want/expect to find the place almost empty? If so, dealers won't come either (each table cost $75 just to be there) . . . some of them have to pay their help, pay for hotels, meals and travel . . . it's a business. [I oftentimes see complaints from folks that Four Seasons is "too crowded" too. Successful businesses need to be crowded to survive these days . . . or you'll be seeing vacant storefronts.]

I was there from 9:05AM until 5:00PM on Saturday, so I saw it all and the GOAL table was situated so that we could indeed see it all. I walked the show from 9:10AM until ~12:30PM. A few tables were overcrowded, but I was still able to politely wedge in enough to see what sort of stuff they had and either stay or pass.

Even though crowded, I always find gun people to be some of the most polite people that I've ever encountered.

Very true that some do mark up their prices for the shows vs. their stores, but there are some real nuggets of gold in those shows if you look hard enough.

- Most of the multi-table vendors are brick and mortar dealers, who you can establish relationships with and deal with at the shows or at their shops.
- I saw Garands for ~$800, not bad for the retail market.
- I saw M1 Carbines in the $7xx area, with a decent selection.
- There were lots of "black rifles" at all sorts of prices. There were FALs and others that aren't as easy to find in MA gun shops.
- Fred scored an SVT for $300. My understanding is that they are worth well over $1K, but they are beyond my expertise.
- I scored a Colt 1911 Series 70 MK IV for $562 OTD from a brick and mortar business. [I stupidly sold mine 8 years ago for $700.00.]
- I scored some ammo for less that I'd pay at Wal-Mart.
- There were genuine bargains in Mil-Surp 1911 mags ($8 NIW), G22 mags ($15), etc.
- I saw better selections of cleaning supplies, small tools (hemostats are worth their weight in gold for taking apart guns, working in electronics, etc.), small supplies than you'll ever find at any brick and mortar gun shop. Same for targets.
- More used guns of all types than you'll find in brick and mortar gun shops. Admittedly fewer NIB guns than you'll find in an average brick and mortar gun shop. You can get to pick up new guns that are on serious back-order at most brick and mortar gun shops, so at least you can see if it feels good in your hand.
- I like the jerky guy and the spicy sauce guy! I eat my lunch at the jerky tables at every gun show! [wink] I buy the spicy sauces from the other guy. I wouldn't want to see 6 vendors selling this stuff at each gun show, but one of each is just fine with me. YMMV

This will be my FIRST gun show, so I hope LenS is right!

Back
Top Bottom