fitchburg gun show

There was a few guys that had that crap. when you walk in and took a right was he all the way down?

Yup, that's the guy. Others had the Nazi shit, only he had KKK belt buckles for sale. I know it's free speech and capitalism and all, but if I can lose him a few sales, well, that's capitalism and free speech too.

I popped in for a bit, they let my boy in for free, so that was OK.

I had been shopping around the past week, and was surprised to find a few items that I had at looked in-store that were suddenly higher in price at the show.

It was worth the learning I received from the visit, but I doubt I will invest much more time in one unless it is close.

Found some .308 168gr Hornady tap for $3 less a box then midway has it listed for also got some 12 gauge Federal rifled slugs for not a bad price. The ammo guy had some nice .308 for a change hornady and black hills match.
Saw a guy put down a crazy wad of cash for a decked out M1A dont know with I liked more the gun or the cash prob the gun.

Not a bad show, but not the greatest. I found a couple good buys but found a ton of overpriced stuff. WASR for $800.....little tough to swallow since a few months back they were about $400.
Check out the guy with all the knives, second to last row on to the left "Bug Out Gear" he has some really cool things. Check out the Camera pens...I got one and the picture quality is incredible.

went in with $1340. left in the red.....very far in the red...but ooooh the better half got some nice toys!

It was an ok show, though fewer Dealers than I've seen at other shows.
My son came along for the first time, and yes, nice that it was no charge for him.
I saw quite a number of Colt 1903 .32's (one of my favorite CnR's).
M&M was not there, are they gone? I was happy to find Hotshot 7.62 Nagant 98gr at only $24. Found some leadless frangible .357 mag I want to try out.
There were a couple of Saiga AK shottys, around $625 or so, two brl lengths.
Now WASRs were priced $700, $890ish, $999.95!!! That $1K one had the welded nut on the muzzle...
Let's see Mosin carbine $190, Mitchell K98 $530.
I just walked out with ammo, and a couple of souvenirs for my boy. He enjoyed the show, and that's what counts.

It was fun spending the morning at the show! Picked up some parts for my AR build, books, a knife, mags and my GOAL hat. I agree, did not really see any great deals on fireams but did not expect to either. Best part was that I brought a friend that does not shoot. We went from the show to the local police station to pick up a LTC application. Printed a schedule of GOAL pistol courses. I had fun and I feel like I really did a good deed today! [grin]

It was fun spending the morning at the show! Picked up some parts for my AR build, books, a knife, mags and my GOAL hat. I agree, did not really see any great deals on fireams but did not expect to either. Best part was that I brought a friend that does not shoot. We went from the show to the local police station to pick up a LTC application. Printed a schedule of GOAL pistol courses. I had fun and I feel like I really did a good deed today! [grin]

good for you. now you just to get your friend on nes and have him go green [smile]

i never know who anyone is at the shows. some people come up and ask me if im interceptor other than that i think there is just so much eye candy for me. lol

I didn't see any pistol packing grannie there, so I wasn't aware you were there. (I have no idea what you really look like.)

I went just to look around. A WASR for $999.99? 20 round AR mags for 30 bucks? I also saw a couple of tables selling post ban 30 round mags as "pre-ban". This show I came to the conclusion that I need a Springfield 1903.

it was great to meet Derek. all i saw for guns was high prices and nothing of my interest. ended up picking up some ar gear. rail covers etc. my girlfriend got me to buy a necklace that was made out of a 9mm shell. spent about $85 total and that includes getting in.

It was a decent two hour walk through. There was more room because they didn't have as many dealers as they'd like, I'm sure. Spoke to a couple dealers and they complained that they can't get ammo. Order 10 boxes and get three.

Thought I found a deal deal on a Colt Single Action for $800 but it was mis-marked. It was an AWA and really overpriced. Did see a couple Lugers for under a grand.

I might take a ride this morning since it's too wet to work in the yard. [smile] Anyone else going today?
Chuck

I'll be going today with a buddy and his girlfriend. I think there are a few others going but there hasn't been a get together place set up. I have yet to meet anybody from the board (just joined in OCT 08) so I don't know anybody by sight. So if anybody sees a guy in a black hoody sweatshirt with SIMMS on a skull across the back that will be me, feel free to say hi. [grin]

TJ

Last edited:
I went yesterday with my dad and wife, it wasn't to bad. Prices were off the wall for some stuff, but their were a few tables, mainly the locals, like Match Shot, and Stateline, were reasonable. Thought the guy at the gun check in table was going to crap him self, when we took our guns out to check in, he looked at all three of us and said " Holy shit everybody's got guns" to which my dad replies, "yeah, with this much fire power around me, you would think I was the president"[smile]. I was very surprised how many people, either refused to check their weapon, or just were not packing. Their were only two or three other little bags on the table. Also seemed like their were a lot less dealers, than what was at the show, in Marlboro. I might go again today, just for a second look. Their were a few shotguns that I liked.

Nice seeing Ana and Jim at Harvard yesterday!

If the show has "nice wide aisles" that means that they didn't sell as many tables as planned and laid it out not to look barren! Not a good sign.

On the other hand, if dealers can't get stock from suppliers, it's dumb for them to pay help, table, hotel, meals, etc. "just to be there" with not enough sales to cover expenses. Remember these folks are business people and need to make a profit or they won't be around at all!

Back
Top Bottom