fitchburg gun show

yeah, i saw those.

i grabbed one out of the box and was telling my girlfriend how happy i was to find mags and then was like ah shit they are C-products. one table selling a box of non-compliant AR mags actually did have some MA-OK ones behind the table on the floor. i think they are all gone now.

one other table had one 30 rounder that was stamped with something... not a date code but there was something stamped on it and i didn't want that unless i could verify what the stamp was. they only wanted $20 for it, too.

another table in the area had a box of 20 rounders for $30/ea.

not much as far as AR mags went this time. same goes for beretta mags! this show was all about the glocks. a guy who was up from CT that was in marlboro was back and he still had the CZ75B that he couldn't sell me.

bought me a gun

Mosin-Nagant 92-30

and just got back from the club after shooting it not bad at all

i didnt see any i know but i dont know alot miss jim
and ment to stop by goal but she was busy sorry

I only went there to purchase one thing -- small rifle primers. I had actually been given a tip of a place that was going to be there that had them, at $30/box, so I called them and they said they'd put 3 boxes aside for me. Unfortunately, they either didn't have a sign or didn't show, so I never found them.

I think you must've got there late. The guys in the back corner that showed up late (like well after opening) had some, but I don't know how
much they were selling them for. Looked like Win small rifle primers. Oddly they were repacked in a win small pistol box... go figure. (they had
the word PISTOL crossed out on the box).

-Mike

went with $1k in cash........... left with $1k in cash......... guess gun shows just arent for me, some good ammo ect. but mostly alot of junk ( for me anyway )

I think you must've got there late. The guys in the back corner that showed up late (like well after opening) had some, but I don't know how
much they were selling them for. Looked like Win small rifle primers. Oddly they were repacked in a win small pistol box... go figure. (they had
the word PISTOL crossed out on the box).

-Mike

I wonder if that was the place I was looking for -- Hidden Valley Traditions. Hope they didn't sit on 'em waiting form me, as I got there right at opening just to find them to buy the primers. I was finished and left by 10AM.

i was a little disappointed in the protection ammo, to be honest. i was expecting alot of good higher end stuff....but there wasnt.

i grabbed a 50 box of Federal Classic .40 JHP for my 'new' glock (thanks dave!) just so i wasnt ammo-less.

I didn't spend anything this time, other than $9 to get in.

The only ammo I would have bought was 9mm but didn't see any cases of it, just some loose boxes for $12 (which is what they are at Four Seasons).

Gun prices ranged from about what I'd expect all the way up to "Oh you got to be kidding me". I didn't see much of anything that I didn't already have but was on my wish list. I'll want a 1911 someday but I wasn't prepared to spend that much today. I pondered a Walther P22 ($320 was cheapest price for new) for a bit but didn't get it.

BTW, are lock picking kits illegal in MA? I thought they were, or maybe I'm mistaken?

not a bad show...

I had fun walking around but nothing really stood out...bought a nice glock 27 w/ night sights from Match Point Guns out of Gardner...they were nice guys.... there was one vendor who tried to swindle me out of a S&W 4566TSW by offering me just about nothing for it (i took it to another table and sold it for what I thought it was worth) all in all thought not a bad show but they could have had a better ammo selection

For me it was the run of the mill show. I didn't see any good deals on guns. I got there about 9:15 and stood in line for about 10 or so minutes. Saw people congregating figured they were NES people, so I left everyone alone.

I picked up 3000 SP primers. 1k of the Wolf from 308 ammo and 2k of remington from Sorenson. That's all I saw and the wolf SP primers were long gone by the time I left from the 308 ammo people. Most important I was finally able to find a G23 preban NFML mag.

One thing that I've noticed lately is at shows everyone and there mother has broken out old boxes of ammo to sell. More then I have ever seen. Saw the C Products Magazines and laughed. Saw some Israeli ones that has some weird stamp on them. I was out of spending cash so I just put them down and left.

That place handled the amount of people pretty well.

I'm not griping, but I doubt I'll be going to many more. I went to this one because it was close.

Same people, same tables in the exact same locations, same stuff, same prices (or higher). It has been years since I even bought anything.

Maybe I've got all the stuff I need[wink]

It's worth the entertainment value I suppose, but it's getting less so for me.

Again, I'm not complaining. They just don't do anything for me these days[sad]

Gun prices ranged from about what I'd expect all the way up to "Oh you got to be kidding me". I didn't see much of anything that I didn't already have but was on my wish list. I'll want a 1911 someday but I wasn't prepared to spend that much today.

WASRs are up like $400-500 just since the marlboro show. pure insanity. lots of ARs for $1500+ which was crazy. saw a couple of $4k FALs.

i wasn't really gun shopping but i stopped to look at a SW1911 and the guy wanted $870 for it. i lucked out in that i paid much, much less for mine at the marlboro show and it was brand new.

WASRs are up like $400-500 just since the marlboro show. pure insanity. lots of ARs for $1500+ which was crazy. saw a couple of $4k FALs.

i wasn't really gun shopping but i stopped to look at a SW1911 and the guy wanted $870 for it. i lucked out in that i paid much, much less for mine at the marlboro show and it was brand new.

I paid $499 for my S&W 1911PD used at Four Seasons 4 years ago. It was a low price even then.[smile]

The only cheap AK at that whole show was a Norinco NHM91 or something like
that, IIRC it was $650. Some guy bought it, too, because later on I saw
him walking around with it. Looked like a decent AK, too.

-Mike

I just got back from the show, and like everyone else said no great deals. well maybe a little bit on ammo that i was looking for, but i did not buy any, i figure i will go to my local shop and give him my money. I did buy a flash light for john at liotec though.

I was not sure who was from NES, and seeing how am new, well new at green, i guess in time i will get to know you better.

Likewise, Ana... did you end up buying anything? I ended up getting some
ammo.

-Mike

I went in search of the "gun show loophole" today. I went expecting free EBR's, free ammo, shady guys selling scary super high capacity Glocks, but didn't find any of them. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom