fitchburg gun show

UPDATE

Don't forget the show is next weekend, Oct 31, 2009 and Nov. 1, 2009.

Stop by the Stoney Acres Sports tables and say Hi. Maybe I would have scored yet another $300 SVT[smile]

I'm looking for a 16" postban AR15 barrel. Would this show be worth checking out? Bushmaster just increased the estimated wait time from 6 weeks to 12, so I'm thinking about searching for one locally.

I'm looking for a 16" postban AR15 barrel. Would this show be worth checking out? Bushmaster just increased the estimated wait time from 6 weeks to 12, so I'm thinking about searching for one locally.

DSA has them on sale at this time, the item they show is pre ban but if you call them they will replace the front site with a pre ban type without the bayo lug. No flash suppressor or muzzle break but there are plenty of folks that can silver soder a muzzle break for you. NO WAIT TIME!!!!!

DSA has them on sale at this time, the item they show is pre ban but if you call them they will replace the front site with a pre ban type without the bayo lug. No flash suppressor or muzzle break but there are plenty of folks that can silver soder a muzzle break for you. NO WAIT TIME!!!!!

If you buy the barrel from DSA and the muzzle break, all you have to do is ask them to silver solder it on for you and they will, at no charge. I had one of their nitride coated uppers on order and needed the break to be MA compliant they said no prob and no charge to solder it since I was buying the break from them as well.

2 Questions.
1. How much is admission?

I think it's usually like $7, you get a buck off if you have the card/flyer.

2. I live in New Hampshire, what can I buy at the show?

Probably not much of anything except non-regulated accessories. The dumber than hell "Simons Rock" law blocks you from buying ammo in MA (even if you have a nonresident LTC!) and you can't buy large cap feeding devices without an MA LTC, either.

I'm not really sure why anyone from NH would want to come to an MA show except other than to socialize. The NH shows are much better anyways, not to mention there is no 6.25% sales tax, which is often rigidly enforced at the MA shows. You can buy guns, as long as you can arrange transfer out to an NH FFL. Kinda pointless, though. You'll pay more and have to deal with the overhead even on rifles.

-Mike

Last edited:
Anyone know what the policy is on CCW to this show? I really hate not being able to have a gun on me when going to a gun show

They don't allow loaded guns inside. So you either lie, or have your gun ziptied at the door.

Your call. [laugh]

FWIW, I've never seen -any- gun show that didn't have signage barring loaded guns.

-Mike

They don't allow loaded guns inside. So you either lie, or have your gun ziptied at the door.

Your call. [laugh]

FWIW, I've never seen -any- gun show that didn't have signage barring loaded guns.

-Mike

If I bring my gun, do they hold it, or can I carry it unloaded? I wan't to find a IWB holster that will fit my S&W 39-2. I'm apprehensive to buy one online w/o trying it first.

If I bring my gun, do they hold it, or can I carry it unloaded? I wan't to find a IWB holster that will fit my S&W 39-2. I'm apprehensive to buy one online w/o trying it first.

You carry it, but you have to unload it at the door. They will run a ziptie through the action. Sometimes they provide a bucket of sand to aim the gun into during the unload, although I haven't seen a sand bucket in a few years.

-Mike

You carry it, but you have to unload it at the door. They will run a ziptie through the action. Sometimes they provide a bucket of sand to aim the gun into during the unload, although I haven't seen a sand bucket in a few years.

-Mike

Ok, thanks for your help.

2 Questions.
1. How much is admission?
2. I live in New Hampshire, what can I buy at the show?

See post #274 in this thread. There's a link to a coupon.

As a NH resident at a MA gun show, you can buy anything there that you care to. You will have to transfer any firearms purchases, and get the check just like any other gun purchase.

I'll be there Sunday AM - stop by the GOAL table and say Hi!

Ill be there on Saturday AM - I was told that vendors are supposed to dress up.... Hmmmmm might see me in a Halloween costume!!

Stop by the table! You can sign up, renew, and get GOAL gear among other things!!

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this and looking for my first gun, so I was wondering if I can find a better deal at the show than in the store?

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this and looking for my first gun, so I was wondering if I can find a better deal at the show than in the store?

Welcome!!

Thats an on going debate. I would say if you are in the area, check it out, but I prefer to buy my firearms from shops not shows. Just my personal opinion. I have seen some price inflation but not all shops do that. Some may even have discounts.

It's a bit easier to negotiate prices at the gun shows, if you're a negotiator that is. There are so many shops that often you find duplicates of the same gun, use that as your advantage when settling on a price.

Never pay the tag price.

What are you looking for and where are you? If you want something available new, check out the web sites of A.G. Guns in Lowell and Four-Seasons in Woburn first. They tend to have very good prices.

You need to know what's what. At the last two shows I attended there were Japanese Browning .22 auto's ($300.+) at Belgium collector prices ($600+).

I have also seen one or two good buys but didn't know that until I got home and checked price guides.

Bill

Your call. [laugh]

-Mike

I was never asked last month @ Marlboro and I had two guns on me. Maybe there was a sign and I missed it.

I might be interested in finding a stripped AR 10 lower receiver..in addition to butt stocks, and tools to start a lower end build. Good quality trigger kit>?
I like the magpul style stocks...Any advice on receiver materials? Billet alloy, cast, forged...etc. Pros/cons.
I'm hoping to start with good quality stock.
Is it cost effective to custom build, or save up for a complete unit to modify?
Any tips or advise, and experiences are highly appriciated.
Are prices at shows any better than on line purchasing.?

I have general idea where prices are.
Who knows, maybe I'll just buy a book, and save my money...and learn more.

I'll be there Saturday...So if I carry, I just have to seperate the ammo from the weapon? or do they zip tie it anyhow???

Looking for some shoulder & belt holsters for a Glock 26 and any deals on a larger revolver or a Beretta M9...or just about anything else that catches my eye :)

Back
Top Bottom