FN rebate - send it or not?

mbz4ever

Dealer
NES Member
I always were looking at PS90 and finally, I decided to take advantage of FN's cash back on PS90. I made move and got PS90 @ very good price, but while going over rebate form noticed that along with receipt FN requires to send in copy 4473... I called them and was told that i must provide copy of 4473 no exceptions. But the question why they need that - all my personal info and FBI approval code and how they planning store my private info : name, SSN, address? 2nd question,what if it will get lost and some one will have all my private info... looks like a big no-no to me.
too bad , i must have to say goodbye to $200 cashback. At least i got a good deal on PS90 itself.
did anyone done some simular rebates with FN or any other Gun manufacture, was 4473 for required?
thanks

If you're really worried about it send them a copy with the information you really don't want them to have blocked out. Worst case scenario is they deny the rebate and you've just lost a few minutes of your time and a stamp. Best case, you get your $200 without giving up too much information.

Best of luck -- hope you enjoy the gun regardless!

For future reference: If you don't give your SSN to your dealer (or fill it in on your LTC/MIRCS application), half the problem is avoided to begin with.

I'd black out info that they don't need and send it in . . . assuming you can get a copy. I've never received a copy of my 4473 in all the years of buying guns.

Asking you for the copy of the 4473 is the only way they have to verify that the gun was actually transferred (bought by) to you.

I've mailed a few off for rebates with Browning, not a big deal to me.

I respect every and all the comments, but to be honest if someone wants to know your private stuff, they will. Even the most inexpert person on Earth can have all your data for $30 or less unless you are a VIP or a LEO.

I will send it, but that is just me,

Ish.

Step 1. Remove tin foil hat.
Step 2. mail in your rebate.
[wink]

No but seriously, do you worry that much about your info? I mean I don't walk around with my SS# tatoo'd on my forehead. Take a look in your mail box, you'll find much bigger things to worry about each week than this. I'd be more worried legit threats to your "identity" than the long shot of what maybe possibly could happen if you mail in a 4473 for a gun rebate.

Step 1. Remove tin foil hat.
Step 2. mail in your rebate.

This.

The government already knows you bought that gun and all your personal information. What else is it that you are worried about? getting some junk mail from FN?

And yes, I've seen rebates that ask for a 4473 to prove that YOU purchased the gun.

When I bought my FiveSeven they had a free ammo offer going and wanted the 4473 copy also. I called the customer service people and explained that I had an issue with sending it. I was told not to worry about it and send in the other info. Got my ammo a month later.

Gary

I would send it in, just redact your SSN, if you used it on the 4473, as well as your birthday and place of birth, and race/nationality. FN has no reason to know any of those things. [laugh]

-Mike

I would send it in, just redact your SSN, if you used it on the 4473, as well as your birthday and place of birth, and race/nationality. FN has no reason to know any of those things. [laugh]

-Mike

Agreed!

What business is it of theirs that you are an under aged, Eskimo, born in Saudi Arabia [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom