Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

I've gone mostly first thing Saturday mornings. Had good luck. I walked out by 930 on two occasions firearms in hand ..I knew what I was buying before i got in the car though. Think I got my mp15 sport ammo mags and was out at 920. The first time I was there spent a while browsing before I grabbed two handguns for my first purchase Chris was very accommodating. This was also a Saturday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This is what I meant. As far as I know you are not involved with the store but need to defend it to the death. For some reason make it about the customers. It's not the customers fault that they lack in customer service. Waiting in line in understandable . But bad customer service is inexcusable

I'm glad more people feel the way that I do. Or they prob did before but were afraid to mention it for some reason

Don't expect them to roll out a red carpet for you at peak hours. I can see how people might think negatively of the place if they go during peak hours. 11:30am to about 1:30pm is peak period during the week. Saturday it's peak from open to close! Try going first thing in the moring on a Saturday right when they open.

If you try to avoid peak hours and you'll get helped quicker. If you go during peak hours, suck it up and stop wining about the place. Also know what you what ahead of time to minimize the amount of time you get stuck there. Window shopping is not recommended during peak hours.

I've gone multiple times during lunch (peak) and I know it's going to be packed and I accept that. Why do I keep going back, because they simply have some of the best gun and ammo deals around and they do a great job of keeping their customers informed of deals (their newsletter). Why do you think the place is packed all the time?!?!?!?!?

This is what I meant. As far as I know you are not involved with the store but need to defend it to the death. For some reason make it about the customers. It's not the customers fault that they lack in customer service. Waiting in line in understandable . But bad customer service is inexcusable

I'm glad more people feel the way that I do. Or they prob did before but were afraid to mention it for some reason

Not an employee. A faithful customer since 2004! Hell my coworkers and I make excuses to go up there on our lunch breaks just to get out of the office. That tends to be a dangerous thing to do because I end up spending money I don't have!!!

It seems that alot of people are having the same negative interactions that I had years ago

I don't understand why some people see four seasons as the second coming of jesus reincarnated as a gun store
One reason is that they sometimes get new, in-demand, guns that nobody else has. (cf. my new SR1911)

I would say that FSguns is for *buying*, not shopping... I'm okay with that. I go to other stores closer to home to chat, browse and buy more common stuff.

It seems that alot of people are having the same negative interactions that I had years ago

I don't understand why some people see four seasons as the second coming of jesus reincarnated as a gun store

Maybe it's because Carl is a good guy, he's given away many guns on NES. He takes care of customers when they have a problem. Most of the whining people do is over meaningless crap.

My last trip to four seasons was great. They were slammed busy but the gentleman who assisted me easily spent 45 minutes with me. I bought a sig a remmington shotgun a bunch of ammo two holsters all sorts of cleaning supplies. He even made reccomendations for products that they didnt sell.
I wish my employees were as attentative to my customers needs. Id be rolling in dough.

Every time I go to FS they're always happy to help me. It doesn't matter if I'm buying a cleaning kit or a firearm. They've always taken as much time as I need. It does get busy there but that's because they've got great prices. I have purchased some firearms at other stores simply because FS was so crowded. They're not perfect but they do a damn great job and I try to give them as much business as I can!

Went there around 2:30 today to get my SR1911, and they we're still pretty busy in the middle of the day. But the guy I dealt with was very nice and took his time to show me the gun, take it apart, answer any questions, and was a good experience. I got to go there during work as well, so I saved the money on gas if I had taken my car. [smile]

Just wanted to put a good word in here as well. I'm a very new gun owner (hadn't held one since I was a kid) and I got my first firearm at Four Seasons in September. Needless to say, I knew next to nothing of the process or anything beyond the type of gun I wanted (Ruger MK3) and that I also needed to get some basic cleaning supplies, ammo, and other such with it.

I don't remember the name of the gentleman who helped me, but I do know that the place was pretty busy yet he still took the time to take three different guns out of the case, let me fondle them, answered my questions, and then not only walked me through the paperwork process but walked around the rest of the store with me gathering up the other supplies while the paperwork processed. I didn't feel rushed or like I was being a complete idiot. It was also nice that at no point did I feel like I was being up-sold on a pile of stuff just to increase the sale.

In all, an A+ experience and I'm definitely planning to go back for my next gun soon based on that experience.

I don't know where else to post this so here goes.

Is anyone else on the Four Seasons email list having trouble viewing the emails? I have an ATRIX 4g and have not been able to view any of his emails on this phone. All other emails that i receive are fine. Just carls come in showing "X attachments". Any pictures are viewable but none of the text.

Wish that ruger American Rifle came in left hand...although I've never used a LH bolt gun anyway ..lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I've been here twice and have purchased several firearms from them.Yea it is busy sometimes "for an obvious reason" and well worth the wait.Once you are being helped you are given undivided attention and the staff goes the extra mile to answer all questions and get you what you need.
If you are not in the area it is well worth the drive in my opinion.

I have had nothing but good experiences there also. Regardless of the crowds you always get singular attention and no rushed feeling. A couple weeks ago I went in to get some additional pre-ban mags for my 92FS. The salesman had to go into an extremely busy and crowded back room to dig them out. After returning to the counter I sheepishly asked if I could get one more. He said "no problem" and waded back into the pile to come up with it. No eye rolls, sighs, or any other signs of irritation. They are always swamped for a reason. They have what you want and have it at the best price you'll get anywhere. Just my 2 cents.

I forget how many times I've been to FS. I've bought numerous rifles and pistols from Carl. Not to mention piles of ammunition. I'm thirty -five miles away and it's worth the drive. I've got Bass Pro and several Dick's SG in the area and I'll pass them all. The store is always busy, and customer service is always really good. Kind of an interesting combination, but it works there.

Does FS Guns "barter" on new or used gun prices? Or is haggling frowned upon here? The owner is very nice and the majority of the older guys working there are very educated. The younger guys seem to have an attitude that I dont really get.

Last edited:
Does FS Guns "barter" on new or used gun prices? Or is haggling frowned upon here? The owner is very nice and the majority of the older guys working there are very educated. The younger guys seem to have an attitude that I dont really get.

From what I've seen, they consistently have some of the lowest prices around, so I can't imagine they have much room for bartering. They seem more like a high volume kind of place that probably can't be bothered with price negotiations. That said, I've only bought a couple times there. Who knows, maybe they have some higher priced stuff on the shelf that their willing to negotiate on.

Their used guns are a mixture of shop owned and consignment. If you make a credible offer on a consignment gun (particularly one for relatively big $$), Carl will probably be willing to contact the owner with the offer for you.

I've been in the shop and have seen people make offers on both shop owned and consigment guns. If the offers are reasonable they will contact owners of the consignments to relay the offer. I'm not sure how it turned out on the shop owned ones.

Their used guns are a mixture of shop owned and consignment. If you make a credible offer on a consignment gun (particularly one for relatively big $$), Carl will probably be willing to contact the owner with the offer for you.

Carl does, he has contacted owners.

More importantly if you see something of concern with a consignment I know first hand that he will contact the owner or have the item removed from consignment.

I wish I knew more about long guns through the years.

Talk to them and ask. What's the worst that can happen to a reasonable offer?

Nice shop but its way too busy. When you have to take a number from a deli style number dispenser outside the door, the place is always packed and its hard to move around in. Maybe just the times i go... But the people there are very nice, knowledgeable, and once your number comes up they take their time to discuss things with you. I guess service like that is why they're so busy.

Nice shop but its way too busy. When you have to take a number from a deli style number dispenser outside the door, the place is always packed and its hard to move around in. Maybe just the times i go... But the people there are very nice, knowledgeable, and once your number comes up they take their time to discuss things with you. I guess service like that is why they're so busy.

Every shop has to make a certain number of dollars profit per hour just to cover overhead before the owner sees a dime in profit. Visit most gun shops and you can measure the product sales in HPG "hours per gun", whereas at Four Seasons, it's measured in GPH. You can get a much better deal from a shop where the sale has to cover 15 minutes of shop overhead than one where that sale has to cover a couple of hours of salary, heating, rent, etc.

Four Seasons sold my Glock 27 in less than a week for more than I was offered here even with their consignment fee. Very pleased!

I did authorize them to sell my gun for a little less if the buyer asked, but they did sell it for full price.

Chris

Four Seasons sold my Glock 27 in less than a week for more than I was offered here even with their consignment fee. Very pleased!

I did authorize them to sell my gun for a little less if the buyer asked, but they did sell it for full price.

Chris

Translation: If you just bought a Glock 27 at FS, you should have dickered!

[wink]

Back
Top Bottom