Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

I was in there today and it was packed. Just need ammo so that didn't take long.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was in there today and it was packed. Just need ammo so that didn't take long.

The last two times I've stopped in for just ammo I've given up after 10 minutes at the register without even getting a "hello". The service was great though when I was buying a gun....
Two other local shops are happy to see me regardless of the size of my purchase.

The last two times I've stopped in for just ammo I've given up after 10 minutes at the register without even getting a "hello". The service was great though when I was buying a gun....
Two other local shops are happy to see me regardless of the size of my purchase.

I buy ammo and targets there whenever I'm in the neighborhood. It can get crowded & busy, but I've never felt neglected by the staff. It never takes me more than a couple of minutes to get the attention of an employee. Personally, I'm thrilled to see a firearms business so busy in MA, in this economy.

They take excellent care of me. I give them an A+ whether I'm buying a gun or not.

I would love to see a 2nd store out here in Western Mass, a Four Seasons 2.

I know of a nice location in Easthampton that was a gun store for many years that needs to be again, I'm think the old owner might even run it for you also (great guy that was screwed by Obama and the ATF).

How about it Carl, are you up for a FS2 ???????????????????????????????????????

(Please say yes)

I stop in once a month for ammo and targets and the wait is never bad. The people working are always anxious to help me. I've been to a lot of gun shops in the state and FS continues to be my favorite. I always know I'm getting a good price and the people are friendly. What more can you ask for :).

In the years I have been in and out of FS I have honestly never gone in and not been spoken to or had somone make solid eye contact with me...sometimes I even say hello first....[rolleyes] Some times customers have to be friendly as well.....try it!

To imply after only two visit's that you have determined that they do not care about every customer only if they are a larger spender is not not right....again try saying hello and break the ice...if you still feel un-loved give Carl a call....

It's a great store with a massive collection. I tend to get a bit claustrophobic so I do my best to know what I want when I go in grab it and get out. If its not too crazy I'll browse but mostly I'll grab exactly what I want and get out. The selection is fantastic and I've always been served in a timely manor. My own personal hang ups keep from staying longer I just hate crowds.

In the years I have been in and out of FS I have honestly never gone in and not been spoken to or had somone make solid eye contact with me...sometimes I even say hello first....[rolleyes] Some times customers have to be friendly as well.....try it!

To imply after only two visit's that you have determined that they do not care about every customer only if they are a larger spender is not not right....again try saying hello and break the ice...if you still feel un-loved give Carl a call....

Actually, I have receipts from 11 different purchases there in the 7 months I've had my LTC. That doesn't count the just browsing trips. I have been in retail myself for more than 30 years and in my experience a customer standing at the cash register with product and cash on the counter deserves at least to be aknowledged. " Hi, I'll be with you in just a few minutes" would be fine. And again, this was on two visits in a row.
I'm not bashing them and I'm not saying that they don't have a lot going for them, their prices and selection are good and the website is the best around. I am simply stating my most recent experiences and that I left PO'd.

I picked some things up over the weekend, including a firearm and they were helpful though not overly so. I would go there for the prices but for the customer service there are other shops I will go to shoot the breeze and browse.

Ive been in there a few times. Way too crowded and i feel they are a bit standoffish with people as well. Colelctors Gallery is closer to me anyway. Prices are usually the same and i dont feel like im being rushed there. That's why they have $1200+ of my money in the last month and FS has none of it.

due to the amount of people they have through there they need a bunch of employees and they aren't all always going to be smiles and rainbows. not that i'm making excuses for that in a retail setting, it's just a fact of life. i have had mostly good luck there, in my experience the younger guys behind the counter are a lot more engaged with you as a customer/person, some of the older guys are a little more disinterested. just my experience there.

I've bought a couple of guns there and visited maybe a dozen times. It is often overcrowded and it often impossible to browse the guns. I've gotten the impression most of the time that they just want to know what you are buying and want to write it up and move on to the next customer. Can't be helped given how busy they are. It has annoyed me on many occasions that you can't check out with ammo or accys because nobody is minding the register. Bottom line is that they generally have good prices and if you know what you want and are ready to buy it won't be all that frustrating. If you want to browse and ask questions you need to go when they aren't busy, which isn't that often. I stood in line for 40 minutes holding a case of 9mm, boy were my arms tired!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
FSGUNS is dick to ass and elbow to elbow busy all the time because they offer a lot for good prices. Ive been to smaller shops that are never that full.

FSGUNS is dick to ass and elbow to elbow busy all the time because they offer a lot for good prices. Ive been to smaller shops that are never that full.

Part of the reason they can offer decent prices is that Carl's people are busy selling stuff. The shops where the employees spend 34 minutes of each hour hanging around, 20 minutes bsing, and 6 minutes actually making sales have to spread their overhead over fewer purchases.

It seems that alot of people are having the same negative interactions that I had years ago

I don't understand why some people see four seasons as the second coming of jesus reincarnated as a gun store

It seems that alot of people are having the same negative interactions that I had years ago

I don't understand why some people see four seasons as the second coming of jesus reincarnated as a gun store

I hear ya. People treat them like they sh$t ice cream. I started going to CCG in stoneham. Bigger store, never a crowd and they are actually polite and helpful. Same prices and same guns, better service.

Some people just want a new gun at a good price, or they want to pick up some accessories, or they want to do a person to person transfer efficiently. FS is excellent for that. I've never had any major problems with the service there. Location for the region is excellent, too.

Those expecting a towel attendant and a free shoe shine, or whatever, fine, shop elsewhere... leave the deals for the rest of us. [laugh]

95% of the whining I see in these gun shop review threads (not just FS's) is over petty crap. The are really only a half dozen or so gun shops in new england that are what I would call "endemically bad. don't bother going in there, complete waste of time" and FS certainly doesn't fall into that category.

-Mike

I've bought my first gun last week at FS. Very good service, reasonable prices(much lower,that at Buds website),plus 2% discount if you pay by check or cash. As a business owner, I like the way FS ran. Highly recommend to anybody.

I've bought my first gun last week at FS. Very good service, reasonable prices(much lower,that at Buds website),plus 2% discount if you pay by check or cash. As a business owner, I like the way FS ran. Highly recommend to anybody.

Just as a note, other places will do a cash discount if you ask and show some bills.

Ive had good success there and plenty of time to look around when I've gone. Then again I go at random times, like a wednesday at 10am (and they are still busy) I was asked by 3 or 4 different people if I could be helped, but I didn't want to tie someone up until I saw something I wanted to ask questions about. I was there saturday morning around 930 or so (in a mild snow storm mind you) and I counted 5 people filling out the forms to purchase a handgun, grabbed what I wanted went right to express check out and was gone in less than 5 minutes. As I have stated before I avoid it after work hours and saturdays if I can because I get claustrophobic, and I hate big crowds, but the point of going there is to save money, and over MOST not ALL gun shops they are much cheaper. Usually North Shore and Collectors are pretty close in price, and not to far to hit them all in one day if you have time.

Don't expect them to roll out a red carpet for you at peak hours. I can see how people might think negatively of the place if they go during peak hours. 11:30am to about 1:30pm is peak period during the week. Saturday it's peak from open to close! Try going first thing in the moring on a Saturday right when they open.

If you try to avoid peak hours and you'll get helped quicker. If you go during peak hours, suck it up and stop wining about the place. Also know what you what ahead of time to minimize the amount of time you get stuck there. Window shopping is not recommended during peak hours.

I've gone multiple times during lunch (peak) and I know it's going to be packed and I accept that. Why do I keep going back, because they simply have some of the best gun and ammo deals around and they do a great job of keeping their customers informed of deals (their newsletter). Why do you think the place is packed all the time?!?!?!?!?

I have bought a bunch of guns at FS. I have always experienced a wait, but when it was my turn, I never felt rushed. I do wish the shop was bigger. When it's crowded you can't even move in there. But if you were Carl, why would you change anything? He sells more guns than anybody.

I have started shopping more at local shops for convenience but it is tough to pay a 100 bucks more fore something because it's closer. I also think that sometimes you can find prices that are just about as good locally if you shop around but as a rule his prices are tough to beat on guns.

No place, in any venue I can think of, will be all things to all people. You can either have the small gun store where the primary products are socialization, bs-ing, and complaining about the state of things in this state or you can have a gun store that carries just about anything you could want that is allowed by this state, and have it at a fair price, NOW.

I can think of a few stores which fit inbetween these two extremes but do neither with any great ability.

Wow it seems this shop is a great place, but I'm going to be getting my fid soon and it seems most of the reviews are from ltc holders who aren't limited to choices like I would be I was wondering if they sell mag fed rifles to fid holders as long as the manufacturer doesn't distrubute it with a hi cap mag. I'm looking for a great local shop to spend a lot of time at since its only 15-20 mins away from me.

Anyone know the best time to show up to have the place pretty quiet? My only gripe about FS is how busy it can get.

Lunch time? Early afternoon? First thing in AM? Snowstorms? I work 10 mins away so it's easy for me to get there anytime.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom