France goes Glock

75,000 G17's for $49m = $653 each, that's no bargain, those French negotiators must really suck.
At that kind of volume they should be getting them a lot cheaper than that.

Like millktree says, probably some other parts of the deal that reach that price. Mags, holsters, support contract, etc.... spare parts.

I have one of those in two-tone with the nickel slide, it's still one of my favorite 9's, never had as much as a hiccup with it either.

The P228 was always a great gun, only real problem with it is people with large hands can crush their pinky finger in between the lip of the mag and the grip frame, because the grip is a tiny bit too short but yet not short enough to keep them from still resting their pinky finger 3/4 of the way on the thing. This can make speed reloads on this gun for people with large hands to be "hairy" to put it mildly.

-Mike

75,000 G17's for $49m = $653 each, that's no bargain, those French negotiators must really suck.
At that kind of volume they should be getting them a lot cheaper than that.

I have one of those in two-tone with the nickel slide, it's still one of my favorite 9's, never had as much as a hiccup with it either.

It's not clear on the breakdown but it comes with way more than just the pistols.

Back
Top Bottom