Frontier Tactical - WarLock

FrugalFannie

NES Member
Hey guys. I have no affiliation with this company. I just happened to be at a friend's house who had these guys over. I thought I would share them with you.

Frontier Tactical has developed what they call the War Lock, an adapter to make switching between calibers on your AR15 platform simple, fast, and reliable. I believe they said they have tested 16 calibers thus far but will eventually get 60 calibers proved out. The calibers run all the way up to 50 beowulf. Basically what happens is your upper is fitted with an adapter and your barrel is fitted with an adapter. Then when you switch barrels, depending on the caliber, you also switch out the bolt. You can ship them your upper or do it yourself. I believe they said it costs $450 to do the change over. You don't have to buy a barrel from them, it works with any standard barrel. The adapter does not change the overall barrel length so SBR's do not change at all.

They went to SHOT as attendees and ended up with a deal with Trijicon where Trijicon is going to produce an optic that will be usable on multiple calibers so you won't have to switch out optics. Which along with being expensive can be time consuming to re-zero. My understanding on the optic is that you will push a button until your caliber is selected and the optic will adjust from your zero to compensate for the ballistics of the caliber change. Next time you switch barrels, which literally takes less than a minute, you re-select your caliber choice for your optic. And you are ready to rock.

So I spent a lot of time talking to these guys. Really great guys. Regular folks. They are doing 1 product, the WarLock. When this is rolling, they will bring more innovations to the industry. But right now, they are focussed on making sure this product is PERFECT. I like that. While they already have 20+ ideas for new products, they are focussed on 1.

Unfortunately we did not have the ability to fire the rifle and change out the barrel and check for accuracy. It's just that we didn't have time or a suitable firing location.

They do not write their own reviews because of course they think their product is perfect. But there are reviews that are being done by industry "experts." So when you see the reviews, you know they are legit reviews. When we are able to afford this, I definitely want to get this done. (and no, I'm not being compensated to push this). I thought you guys would be interested in this product.

So check them out:
www.frontiertactical.com

If you use Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/frontiertactical/?fref=ts

Twitter: @Frontier_Tac
https://twitter.com/Frontier_tac

sounds cool from an innovation standpoint but from a usefulness standpoint I'm out. I switch uppers because each has a purpose for me. 458 socom (my bear rig) needs a different optic for me than a 5.56 14.5" barrel, to my 20" 5.56 (coyote rig). each purpose requires a different optic in my case. I'm sure it would be good for someone else somewhere but swapping whole uppers is more useful to me (and looks like more economical also)

Also from what I've read it's bad idea to use the same bolt in different uppers . Like 556 and 300blk

Not exactly. Bolts tend to fit themselves to the barrel extension, so once you drop one in and use it for a while, you should leave it there. In a pinch I have swapped BCG's mid day and it was fine. I try not to make it a habit though.

Not exactly. Bolts tend to fit themselves to the barrel extension, so once you drop one in and use it for a while, you should leave it there. In a pinch I have swapped BCG's mid day and it was fine. I try not to make it a habit though.

Yeah I was just lazy and was building some thing and didn't feel like weighting a lot . Check out my sink hole thread . Posting video now .

sounds cool from an innovation standpoint but from a usefulness standpoint I'm out. I switch uppers because each has a purpose for me. 458 socom (my bear rig) needs a different optic for me than a 5.56 14.5" barrel, to my 20" 5.56 (coyote rig). each purpose requires a different optic in my case. I'm sure it would be good for someone else somewhere but swapping whole uppers is more useful to me (and looks like more economical also)

Trijicon is making a multi caliber optic so no need to change optics - save money there.

Back
Top Bottom