Gang sweep nets 37 arrests - Lynn, weapons seized, including semi-auto machine guns..

W

wolf223

BOSTON - Twenty-four gang members were taken off the streets of Lynn early Friday morning as part of what Police Chief Kevin Coppinger called the biggest roundup of his tenure on the force.

Thirty-seven gang members were arrested and charged with gun and drug trafficking offenses as 500 federal, state and local law enforcement agents fanned out across the North Shore as part of a combined investigation dubbed "Operation Melting Pot."

http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2010/11/06/news/news01.txt

i'm trying to keep a positive spin on this, but it seems like a lot of man power for 37 arrests...

and of course, pictures of those "evil" guns... a mac 11 semi-automatic "machine gun"

No mention where the guns came from though... bet it was outta state or home robberies.. I wonder how many hi-points they had [wink].... and what is the point of the media naming brands anyway? Other than creating more of a space and fear between legal gun owners and the sheep

Video of how it all started...

DesLauriers said the gang war between the 19th Street Gangsters and the River Terrace Crew was instigated on June 4, 1982 when General Cornrow Wallace,the founder of the 19th Street Gangsters, one of Lynn's most violent gangs with more than 50 members, steped on Earl "The Snake" White's basketball shoes, a prominent member of the River Terrace Crew, according to his affidavit.

[video=vimeo;1815689]http://vimeo.com/1815689[/video]

[wink]

I would bet most of those were stolen guns. The Luger isn't a common weapon. In fact, I'll bet that one came from someone's collection. It's a shame because it's probably going to end up as part of a man hole cover.

I wonder how many hi-points they had [wink]

One for sure in the picture, it looked like one of the 9mm or .380 versions, and a bigger one below it on the table that looked more like an Iberia (same thing, sort of...).

The Luger isn't a common weapon. In fact, I'll bet that one came from someone's collection. It's a shame because it's probably going to end up as part of a man hole cover.

I only saw one (near the top) that looked like a Luger. The other's looked like Ruger Mark 3 .22's to me.

One for sure in the picture, it looked like one of the 9mm or .380 versions, and a bigger one below it on the table that looked more like an Iberia (same thing, sort of...).

I only saw one (near the top) that looked like a Luger. The other's looked like Ruger Mark 3 .22's to me.

i was surprised at the mk 3's as well... but considering what they sell for brand new... i guess not. [laugh]

I can see one of the apartment buildings they raided in Lynn from my house. I walk past it a couple of time a week on my way to the corner store. I never saw any suspicious-looking characters hanging around, but I'm not too surprised to learn that they were living there. Most of the scum is concentrated in certain areas, but some leaks out.

I'm always happy to hear when they sweep up gang members, even if the news articles are written by people without a thorough understanding of what "machine gun" and "automatic" really mean.

Wow, they were charged with gun a drug trafficking offenses. Both of those things should be legal. I wonder if they can prove any of these guys actually committed a crime against life or property.

Wow, they were charged with gun a drug trafficking offenses. Both of those things should be legal. I wonder if they can prove any of these guys actually committed a crime against life or property.

Who knows. They weren't out sweeping up boy scouts, though. They were taking out gang members. I'm not shedding a tear for them.

Back
Top Bottom