Gas masks

71640.jpg

Last edited:
Every single thread that you post in you accuse people of being comedians.

In some circles consistency is regarded as a virtue [wink]
...and I will speak the truth as I see it and if it is redundant...oh well [rolleyes]

See post #4. I'd like to see how long we could sustain a thread without a flippant remark. This made it to Post #4.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a m40a1 I need filters for. Those suckers are expensive. Anyone had a less expensive source.
I know when I need it I will wish I bought the more expensive option but I can't swing it right now

I have a m40a1 I need filters for. Those suckers are expensive. Anyone had a less expensive source.
I know when I need it I will wish I bought the more expensive option but I can't swing it right now

At least you got a good mask. I was looking at the M40's as well. The tinted lens covers are a plus.

I think you're going to be hard pressed to find filters for it that are cheap. They're expensive because of how much protection they provide.

NATO Gas Mask Filter Cartridges from Approved Gas Masks

These are 40mm and will fit.

Well, I'm sold!!! Apparently robotic cheetahs farting chemical weapons is the future.

" woke up this morning to a very harrowing news article. Ladies and gentlemen, it appears as if the end is nigh. The catalyst? Robotic cheetahs. You heard right. The U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency recently revealed a four-legged robot designed to mimic the movements of a cheetah and is able to reach speeds up to 18mph. Even more, it is their hope that one day the cheetah will be able to zigzag in order to chase and evade targets on its way to becoming a high-speed killing machine. If you really want to prepare for the end, then get ready for the day that these mechanical monsters gain sentience and turn on their mammalian masters – because if you cannot move you cannot survive."

Mestel Safety SGE 150 Gas Mask ? Lightweight, Multi-Purpose Gas Mask - Keepshooting®

Well, I'm sold!!! Apparently robotic cheetahs farting chemical weapons is the future.

" woke up this morning to a very harrowing news article. Ladies and gentlemen, it appears as if the end is nigh. The catalyst? Robotic cheetahs. You heard right. The U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency recently revealed a four-legged robot designed to mimic the movements of a cheetah and is able to reach speeds up to 18mph. Even more, it is their hope that one day the cheetah will be able to zigzag in order to chase and evade targets on its way to becoming a high-speed killing machine. If you really want to prepare for the end, then get ready for the day that these mechanical monsters gain sentience and turn on their mammalian masters – because if you cannot move you cannot survive."

Mestel Safety SGE 150 Gas Mask ? Lightweight, Multi-Purpose Gas Mask - Keepshooting®

That actually looks like a very good unit, and much better than the surplus models that I have seen. I'm glad this topic came up because I have been contemplating this for months. Sure, body armor is great, but what good is it after a few canisters get tossed your way?

For the untrained, probably only good for OC and CS/CN. I have for use as a full face respirator, probably pick up another. I bought it during the occupy protests to keep at work in case things got weird.

For the untrained, probably only good for OC and CS/CN. I have for use as a full face respirator, probably pick up another. I bought it during the occupy protests to keep at work in case things got weird.

Could you expand on that? The training comment I mean. I see that some of them come with training filter. JW

that looks interesting good price too. My question is I have a full beard, short well trimmed but full face. Do I need to look for a certain type of gas mask that won't have an issue with having a good seal around my face. or is it basically a situation of if the SHTF I need to shave?

Good question, but I assume there are a lot of beards in the Israeli military so the issue must come up.

Could you expand on that? The training comment I mean. I see that some of them come with training filter. JW

Folks in the military get training on how to put on the mask, obtain a seal, all while suffering gas exposure. Now, having an mask is one thing, getting it on after being exposed and making sure its sealed. I have no such training, my brother does. His experience is it sucks and breathing through one while your lungs and throat are full of mucus and pain is distracting at best. Getting the good seal needs to happen quick. Plus, Mustard, chlorine and Nerve also act on/through skin so unless you buy the whole MOPP suit, no help there. I figure I could use mine while traversing areas where riot agents have been deployed, or in the occurrence where I toss an OC grenade of my own within my home.

Back
Top Bottom