Glenn's reloading and ammo

Just dropped by today, still lots of ammo, powders, primers, bullets, etc. on hand. Plenty of 9mm, 40, 45, 380, x54R surplus and commercial, etc etc.

Just dropped by today, still lots of ammo, powders, primers, bullets, etc. on hand. Plenty of 9mm, 40, 45, 380, x54R surplus and commercial, etc etc.
Is this because of price or lack of traffic to the new store.
What's a tin of 54r going for?

Is this because of price or lack of traffic to the new store.
What's a tin of 54r going for?

no he was very well stocked when he opened. Both times I went in mid-afternoon he was busy with at least 3 or 4 other customers inside.

The tins I believe were $150. He also had a couple of the empty crates for 5 bucks each.

Oh and those 147gr M2 pulled bullets were $50 for 200.

no he was very well stocked when he opened. Both times I went in mid-afternoon he was busy with at least 3 or 4 other customers inside.

The tins I believe were $150. He also had a couple of the empty crates for 5 bucks each.

Oh and those 147gr M2 pulled bullets were $50 for 200.

The 147 gr M2 bullets you refer to are actually brand new Winchester manufacture, 147gr M80 ball heads.

The 147 gr M2 bullets you refer to are actually brand new Winchester manufacture, 147gr M80 ball heads.

oh nice, thanks for that clarification! We both reload for our Garands so I was telling him about those when I first saw them but couldn't remember the price.

I'm just getting into reloading and having a hell of time finding powder and primers. I stopped into Glenn's today and he had everything I needed including powder advice. Nice guy, I hope the shop does well.

I stopped by during lunch today. He had the primers I was looking for. It was nice and quiet which gave Glenn and I a chance to chat. Nice guy, I recommend anyone in the area check this place out.

Nice guy and quite knowledgeable. You folks who are complaining about a few dollars on prices need to take up another hobby. Everything is scarce and a little pricey right now. And besides, isn't it good for the firearm community to have another shop with different merchandise? It's worth it to spend a reasonable premium for the convenience and service of a local supplier. He makes a fair profit and stays in business. That's how it works.

Chris

I drive by here often in my commute, just recently noticed a gun store sign, but couldn't find a website. Will check it out. It's about a 25 foot detour from my commute home. :)

they have a website on their business cards but it doesn't seem to be setup. They do though use a facebook page.

i stopped by, they were very nice and helpful. It's obviously very geared toward ammo and reloading, which I'm not very familiar with. They did have a lot of ammo in stock.

Nice guy and quite knowledgeable. You folks who are complaining about a few dollars on prices need to take up another hobby. Everything is scarce and a little pricey right now. And besides, isn't it good for the firearm community to have another shop with different merchandise? It's worth it to spend a reasonable premium for the convenience and service of a local supplier. He makes a fair profit and stays in business. That's how it works.

Chris
Agreed.

From his Facebook page:

Just in for powder, HP-38 - 8 lb, AR-Comp - 8 lb, Longshot - 1 lb.
Varget, 1 lb, IMR 4198 - 1 lb. We will have these at the show and at the store. While supplies last.

I haven't called yet to see what the price and limits are for those powders.

Stopped in asking about incoming transfers.

They charge their standard transfer fee plus they collect sales tax on the value of incoming transfer. I was a bit surprised to see that...especially since we are required to report and pay sales/use tax on out of state purchases on our state income tax form.

They charge their standard transfer fee plus they collect sales tax on the value of incoming transfer. I was a bit surprised to see that...especially since we are required to report and pay sales/use tax on out of state purchases on our state income tax form.

And I'm sure they're reporting that tax to the correct state agency...

are you sure about this? I asked about transfers before and he never said anything about sales tax.

Never heard of dealers doing that though I'm sure there are some out there doing this....

Never heard of dealers doing that though I'm sure there are some out there doing this....

I've heard of this before, on a few occasions. Mostly douche types do this to make extra money on the transfer, instead of just charging more money for the transfer up front, they engage in fraud... well, either that, or they're just dumbasses.... why act as DOR thug when it is not the dealer's obligation to collect sales tax on an item they did not sell?

-Mike

I'd say great, what's you MA Tax ID so I can can call the State Revenue department to verify they receive my payment. Maybe I'd give two separate checks one made to the shop, and one made to the MA DOR for the tax.

Find another shop

I wouldn't put it past him to do this.

I don't know about that. Full disclosure, I have not done any transfers with him. I could be he was given bad advice from a lawyer. Like my wife says " Lawyers ruin everything". In this crazy state anything is possible.

I have dealt with Glenn and his wife and they have always been above board with me.

Back
Top Bottom