Glock 30

I have one. It's my CCW handgun. If you like looking over what seems like the hood of a bus to line up with your target then it may be the gun for you. [wink]

The down side is that if you ever swing by NE Traders in search of a magazine holder, "That Guy" goes off on a tangent saying something to the likes of "That gun is not legal in Mass, so I don't know how you got one", "We don't sell holders for that gun because it is not Mass compliant". Yeah, yeah, yeah... STFU.

Last edited:
I have one. It's my CCW handgun. If you like looking over what seems like the hood of a bus to line up with your target then it may be the gun for you. [wink]

The down side it that if ever swing by NE Traders in search of a magazine holder, "That Guy" goes off on a tangent saying something to the likes of "That gun is not legal in Mass, so I don't know how you got one", "We don't sell holders for that gun because it is not Mass compliant". Yeah, yeah, yeah... STFU.

as much as I enjoy taking my business there (some of the other workers are EXTREMELY helpful), I do enjoy watching "him" cringe when I talk about my non-compliant G23 heheh [smile]

Cliff notes: if it fits you it's pretty much the best gun ever.

I owned one. It was my "love/hate" gun. I'm a man, 5'10" but with smallish hands and the grip was just too big to shoot one-handed. It's too bad because the G30 really is the ultimate CCW gun, 10rds of 45acp....that's a winning combo in my book. I traded it away for an XD9 subcompact which is my primary holster/IWB CCW gun. For reference, I love 1911s with slim grips but full-size GI grips with the humped mainspring housing (like those on the Springfield GI45) push it into "too big" for me.

--Greg--

I went to a RI gun store today to pick up some bore cleaner for my Mosin. I saw a brand new G30SF for $568.00. I almost got sick. I paid over $300 more in MASS for mine and it wasn't new. That's the MASS gun premium for ya.

of course!
as long as it's pre 98 or you didn't buy it from a dealer.

Please stop disseminating bad information.

I swear to God I'm going to start negative-repping people that continue to pass this bit of idiocy along.

You can own any pistol regardless of when it was made, or who you got it from as long as you don't possess a magazine made after 9/94 with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.

If a dealer is willing to sell you an FN 5.7, a Glock 36, and a Springfield XD9 all of which were manufactured this morning, you can buy them and you will break no laws. The dealer can get in trouble if some fat rat bastard drops a dime on him, but you will be doing nothing wrong.

I swear to God I'm going to start negative-repping people that continue to pass this bit of idiocy along.

You can own any pistol regardless of when it was made, or who you got it from as long as you don't possess a magazine made after 9/94 with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.

If a dealer is willing to sell you an FN 5.7, a Glock 36, and a Springfield XD9 all of which were manufactured this morning, you can buy them and you will break no laws. The dealer can get in trouble if some fat rat bastard drops a dime on him, but you will be doing nothing wrong.

+1 for you sir

Thank you for that correction.

Amen, Brother! [grin]

If a dealer is willing to sell you an FN 5.7, a Glock 36, and a Springfield XD9 all of which were manufactured this morning, you can buy them and you will break no laws. The dealer can get in trouble if "THAT GUY" drops a dime on him, but you will be doing nothing wrong.

Fixed it for you. [thinking]

The G20 is the full sized 10mm (similar in size to the G21). The G29 is a subcompact, like the G30.

Sorry, that's what I was getting at, the words just slipped past my brain the wrong way.

Allow me to rephrase.

I have shot a G21, the full-sized .45 ACP, and a G29, the sub-compact 10mm. The G21/G20 and G29/G30 are the same sized frame, only the internals and caliber are different.

Better? [grin]

Night sights or regular? If it has nights on it, you did quite well! They CAN be had for reasonable money, you just have to take the time to look around... Not buy on impulse.

It has strong night sights and came with a couple of mags, original box and cleaning stuff, etc.

I use a comp-tac MTAC holster and its super comfortable, you can change out the bodies to accommodate other carry guns and it conceals well. I'm sure a Milt Sparks would be nice, too, if you like the leather route.

I was thinking of ordering another Crossbreed.

Anyone want to ballpark a rough est. price to expect to pay for a G30 (gen 2.5)?

I wouldn't pay more than $600 for a 2.5 gen glock, assuming it's in excellent
condition. You can probably find one for somewhat less if you look hard
enough or have patience.

-Mike

I wouldn't pay more than $600 for a 2.5 gen glock, assuming it's in excellent
condition. You can probably find one for somewhat less if you look hard
enough or have patience.

-Mike

+1 The deals are out there. I picked up an unfired 2.5 with brand new night sites for under $500. If you are patient, you can find anything.

Isn't a G29/G30 with pinky mag extension about roughly the same size as a G19/G23?

Does anyone have both so they can post a side/side?

All this G30 talk makes me want to get one as well but I found that the G23 was a bit big in the grip for me to conceal it properly.

Isn't a G29/G30 with pinky mag extension about roughly the same size as a G19/G23?

Basically, but the G29/30 is definitely going to be somewhat fatter, although it's not really that noticeable. I think the OAL of the G19/23 is a bit longer, but not by much.

FWIW, I'll save you the trouble.. if you think a G23 (one of the easiest mid size guns to carry in existence) is "too bulky" you are probably going to think a 29/30 is, too. [laugh]

-Mike

All this G30 talk makes me want to get one as well but I found that the G23 was a bit big in the grip for me to conceal it properly.

Yeah I have a 30 and a 23. I'll try to snap some pics of them tonight for comparison.

Also, if the by too big, you mean the 23's grip was too long, I'd recommend taking a look at the 27 for a small .40 carry gun.

I have a G23 & G30..I'll post pics side by side, but can't do it until tomorrow.

Here's a quick size comparison. Sorry for the lack of picture quality. Let me know if anyone wants a different view.

Here is one to show overall size, grip length and slide length. G23 on the left, G30 on the right:
P1010046.jpg

A different approach to show the slide lengths. I did my best to make sure the back of both slides were aligned. G23 on the bottom, G30 on top:
P1010048.jpg

Finally, a pic of the slides off the guns to show the difference in thickness, which, in my opinion, is the biggest difference between these two guns. Again, G23 on the left, G30 to the right:
P1010053.jpg

Back
Top Bottom