Glock 30

Anyone own one? I saw one today. I've never been a Glock guy, but it peaked my interest. I'd be interested to hear any experiences with them, or leads on who may have one for sale.

The one time I got to fire one I was impressed... had pretty soft recoil for a .45... might get one someday. 10 rounds of .45 in a carryable package...

-Mike

I have one.

As Mike said, it and the G29 have softer recoil than their full size counterparts (because of the dual recoil spring). The 15-round G21 mags also fit it, but they stick out the bottom of the grip.

I also have a 10mm barrel for my G30. It would be my primary carry gun if I didn't have the G29.

I had one. Loved it. Lowest recoil of any .45 I've ever shot. And Accurate as hell. Sold it stupidly. [rolleyes] [smile]

I have one.

As Mike said, it and the G29 have softer recoil than their full size counterparts (because of the dual recoil spring). The 15-round G21 mags also fit it, but they stick out the bottom of the grip.

I also have a 10mm barrel for my G30. It would be my primary carry gun if I didn't have the G29.

having shot both the G30 and the G21, I have to agree. I have also found the same to be true in that my G33 jumps a bit less than the G31 I shot.

EddieCoyle, I got a G29 lined up [smile]

My friend has one ive shot a bit, and I have a G26....

For a 45 with 10+1 capacity you cant really beat it. Recoil is very controllable.
However comparing it to the g26, it is significantly thicker and larger.

Personally, I prefer g26-g27-g33, but if you are set on a 45 I don't think it can be beat

I had the Glock 30 SF, with sympathies to my Mass Resident friends. I'm a rather small guy (5'10'' 140lbs), and I was able to carry that around with no issues in the summer, its not much larger than a 27/26.
I also like the softer recoil compared with a 27 (.40SW). It makes it alot easier to stay on target.
I sold my G30SF to "upgrade" to the HK .45

I have one and am looking at buying a second. Even the original G30 fits my hand pretty well and is easy for me to shoot. I have held and shot a G30SF and while it shoots well I honestly could not tell that much difference between it and the plain G30. My advice is to buy it if you like Glocks and the .45ACP.

Heck, buy it even if you don't like them.

Well... if you get one and don't like it... at least it'll retain its resale value.

I've got both the 21 and 30 in the SF versions, also have had Gen 3s in them as well. I use the Pierce extensions for a better grip. Being able to use G21 mags is a nice feature as well. I've tried out a few Sigs for comparison, but did not like the added weight of the frame.

I love 'em. A couple of caveats though:

- The slide release on the older ones (I cannot address the SFs) is quite short and almost unusable.

- Quick mag changes require some technique to deal with the base pads: you have to shift your palm away from the grip to ensure that the mag drops free, and, when inserting a mag, that base pad can bite you if your palm is between it and the frame.

I have tried the 30 mags without the base pad and the only worse experience I can recall is firing full power .357 magnums one handed in a light revolver; the base pad is not only useful as an anchor for the pinkie, but it somehow changes the geometry of the frame in your hand. Using the usual 10 round mags with base pad is the way to go.

Good luck and buy one.

I loved the G30 but i was too heavy and thick for my body to carry around all day.
I'm 5'8" and 180lbs.

I ended up with a G30, then a G36, G19, then G26 for carry.
The G26 is 3 ounces lighter.

PDS Inc. in South Hadley Mass had one on the wall on Friday. It was very minty and had night sights too. Since it is so new it is on consignment, I believe, for a person to person sale. I would call to see if it is still there before somebody gets it. I was considering it but need to save for an AR.

Edit: That G30 is now sold!

Last edited:
PDS Inc. in South Hadley Mass had one on the wall on Friday. It was very minty and had night sights too. Since it is so new it is on consignment, I believe, for a person to person sale. I would call to see if it is still there before somebody gets it. I was considering it but need to save for an AR.

That's the one I have my eyes on.

I have had one since they first came out. (and still have it). Very nice, as mentioned for a small light gun, recoil is really light and managable. Size is just about perfect, mine is a little wide in the grip but not so much that it feels massive. Slide release is very small (as mentioned) but, you could always change that if desired.
I put a guide rod laser in mine and it's a lot of fun..
About the only 45 that I have had that I liked better was a fullsize HK USP 45...

g30sf-vs-g30.jpg

As NWanner shows... Not much difference physically. In terms of availability, though, you're much more likely to find a reasonably priced G30 than a G30SF, simply because the SF is a new design. I can barely tell the difference between the two, but to each his own. If you have a hard time gripping a regular 30, I'd say skip the 30SF and take a look at the 36 if you're set on a .45 caliber Glock.

ETA - I love my G30. Very accurate, soft to shoot, great carry capacity.

Last edited:
Looks to me like the difference in the 30 and 30SF is in the back portion of the grip. The one on the left has less of a gap between the back of the magwell and the rear curved portion of the grip. I assume this makes a shorter distance between the back of the grip and the trigger?

Anyone own one? I saw one today. I've never been a Glock guy, but it peaked my interest. I'd be interested to hear any experiences with them, or leads on who may have one for sale.

My 3 carry guns are Glocks. I've shot the G21 (full-sized .45 ACP) and G29 (same gun only in 10mm), but I just don't like the thicker 10mm/.45 Glock frames. I have huge hands, but they don't sit right in my palms. That's just a preference thing, overall they're not that much different in size than the rest of the Glocks, and I'd trust my life to one in a heartbeat.

Having a fullsized reload available is always a plus, but me, I just prefer my .357 SIG Glocks.

What's the difference between the G30 and G30SF?

SF stands for "Short frame," it's supposed to be smaller, but I've heard mixed reviews about how people like it. I've never even held an SF myself.

Back
Top Bottom