• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Silver junior fab 5.
I own the first two, used to own Vizsla but unfortunately sold it before it broke out. All but the 4th one are on the watchlist of my newsletter guy. But that means they aren't in his top 25 stocks, he doesn't own them.

I'd pick Silver Tiger over all 5 at current prices for each.

Gold and silver junior miner train is about to leave the station. Hope everyone is on board. [thumbsup]
It’s stunning Matador is down to like .21. Any insights? If they were trading on the TSX I think the share price would reflect the asset.

It’s stunning Matador is down to like .21. Any insights? If they were trading on the TSX I think the share price would reflect the asset.

There are two reasons, a large stakeholder is dumping their position due to a change in their portfolio strategy (going after uranium and rare earths), and also warrants expire in June and many are selling their shares and exercising the warrants. It’s common for juniors to go through a period of heavy selling, and there’s no catalyst for buyers.

Most of the pure explorers haven’t moved much, and won’t take off til gold breaks out. Many are only 10-20% off their bottom. Still like Silver Tiger, New Found Gold, Eskay Mining, High Gold. These are not far above their lows and still cheap.

There are two reasons, a large stakeholder is dumping their position due to a change in their portfolio strategy (going after uranium and rare earths), and also warrants expire in June and many are selling their shares and exercising the warrants. It’s common for juniors to go through a period of heavy selling, and there’s no catalyst for buyers.

Most of the pure explorers haven’t moved much, and won’t take off til gold breaks out. Many are only 10-20% off their bottom. Still like Silver Tiger, New Found Gold, Eskay Mining, High Gold. These are not far above their lows and still cheap.
Silver Tiger posted some phenomenal intercepts of like 2,900 g/t AG over 9 meters thick.

This is interesting.

Well if THAT doesn’t make me want to buy more PM’s, not much will!

Except dollars will be worth less…and eventually worthless.

The most concerning part of the article is if other countries start getting out of the dollar. That spells THE END for us. Literally the only reason we’ve been on top as long as we have is because we’re the worlds go-to currency.

If these dollars start coming home in massive quantities, it won’t matter how high the interest rates get…we won’t be able to stop the inflation and the system will collapse under its own weight.

Even those of us that hold PM’s don’t want that…trust me.

Except dollars will be worth less…and eventually worthless.

The most concerning part of the article is if other countries start getting out of the dollar. That spells THE END for us. Literally the only reason we’ve been on top as long as we have is because we’re the worlds go-to currency.

If these dollars start coming home in massive quantities, it won’t matter how high the interest rates get…we won’t be able to stop the inflation and the system will collapse under its own weight.

Even those of us that hold PM’s don’t want that…trust me.
That’s a rather /sarc post by me. It wouldn’t be good for any of us but it would usher in a much needed reset back to sound and honest money. I’d be able to afford alot more dollars when and if the dollar would be revalued to gold. I would rather such a change happen. The fiat currency system and Keynesian fantasy that birthed it is inherently evil.

That’s a rather /sarc post by me. It wouldn’t be good for any of us but it would usher in a much needed reset back to sound and honest money. I’d be able to afford alot more dollars when and if the dollar would be revalued to gold. I would rather such a change happen. The fiat currency system and Keynesian fantasy that birthed it is inherently evil.
If the dollar revalues to gold, I’ll have enough for a couple packs of gum and a coke.

I’m buying more tomorrow and I’m putting myself into a place that’s not very comfortable financially to do so. Man o’ man I’m praying I don’t lose my shirt.

I’m not buying as an investment, but as a way to possibly be able to afford my mortgage if things go tits up for a year…or for food if it gets THAT bad.

I’m actually amazed that a ‘run on gold’ hasn’t really happened yet.

I’m actually amazed that a ‘run on gold’ hasn’t really happened yet.
People are comfortably numb. How many times in history have a people been utterly surprised by an acute downward turn of events? It’s only been less than 100 years for the US and those that lived through it are long gone. I could name many instances of a people or nation that were in a state of peace and security only to be turned upside down in an instant. I still would only recommend 5-10% of your total assets in physical metals of fractional values. Having everything else like what you are currently experiencing is very good. It’s good also to not live indebted as much as one reasonably can.

One thing you can do is if you have financial assets that are sitting in a money market, bonds or cash, buy PHYS with that money. Will protect you from inflation, and will likely outperform the S&P500 if we have a stagflation period.

Unfortunately it needs to be a brokerage to buy PHYS.

And don’t buy GLD, especially if it’s in a taxable account.

I still would only recommend 5-10% of your total assets in physical metals of fractional values.
Yeah, I’m at just over double the amount you specified, but really only because my 401k is in a sad state of affairs. I’ve only been putting into it for 3.5 years though, so there’s a lot of opportunity for growth there if the bottom doesn’t fall out. I contribute 16% of my pre-tax pay and my company matches 4%…so 20% total pre-tax contribution and I pay the extra amount to have my account ‘managed.’

I will not have the ‘extra money’ to put into physical PM’s for a few years because I’m going to be putting everything ‘extra’ into my new home/homestead farm starting in the next few weeks here when the house closes.

So the PM’s I have now will be the last for a while…possibly a long while. Maybe giving my other investments time to catch up so I’m at a more favorable ratio. That ratio/percentage mentioned is only taking into account my 401k and nothing else. My firearms collection probably exceeds the value of my 401k at this point, lol…not really buying anything more these days though because I have so much already, but I buy ammo and reloading components every few weeks when I find something I ‘need’…THAT stuff has proven to be an extremely valuable investment (ammo and reloading components). I suppose they’ll only ever be worth anything if I sell them though, which I won’t!

The only reason I got so motivated to basically double my physical holdings recently, is there’s a guy on my local forum that’s liquidating some coins just over spot…the deal is too good to pass up given the premium that online retailers are currently charging (when all is said and done it costs me about $1200 for a $1000 coin when I buy online.)

Anyway, I hope you all realize how much I appreciate all your advice and definitely take it very seriously. I’m really lucky to be able to tap into the collective knowledge on this forum and learn every day so I don’t do something (too) stupid.

Last edited:
$100 Ebay bucks back on this right now, makes it $100 over spot.

Not a great price but dunno when we'll see great prices on gold anymore.

When a site offers deals for check vs credit card, am I crazy for still using a credit card? What do you guys typically do for PMs

(I pay the card off when it goes through and have no debt)

Boston Bullion usually beats most of these prices. Wire transfer, cash in person under $10,000, or personal check. I have bought some from him and never an issue. When I first met him, he showed me how he tests the coins and a bunch of fakes he has found.

Boston Bullion usually beats most of these prices. Wire transfer, cash in person under $10,000, or personal check. I have bought some from him and never an issue. When I first met him, he showed me how he tests the coins and a bunch of fakes he has found.
Looks like they sell some Scottsdale Mint stuff too. Nice!

Ummm, yeah…that WOULD happen. I ‘finish’ buying gold for long term sanity to stuff in the safe, and the very next day, gold takes a dump…makes perfect sense :)

Good thing I wasn’t trying to make a quick buck!

I doubt the physical price is going to move much. This is just paper traders trying to get gold to close the month under $1900.

Back
Top Bottom