• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Is it harder to counterfeit a coin or a box/tube seal?
Probably about equal. The seals are holographic/fragmenting though. I'm not saying it's impossible for fraud, but the chances decrease when a new coin is struck,
I'm sure there is a latency between newly issued and coins dated 2007...
I do my own due diligence and weigh every coin and test in my own methods when something looks hinky...
100% confident in the coins purchased from the eBay sellers I post a thread or two back.

Seal:
The material that the seal tape is made of resists tearing and easily shows signs of tampering...
1670464548998.png

Last edited:
Is it harder to counterfeit a coin or a box/tube seal?

Coin definitely harder to fake than a round, but I worry more about gold coins since counterfeiting a $25 silver coin, and somehow getting it into a big retailers supply chain, is probably not worth the effort. Although the more expensive a roll gets, the more we'll see counterfeiting.

Coin definitely harder to fake than a round, but I worry more about gold coins since counterfeiting a $25 silver coin, and somehow getting it into a big retailers supply chain, is probably not worth the effort. Although the more expensive a roll gets, the more we'll see counterfeiting.
I was not referring to coin vs. round, but the mint seal on boxes and tubes some investors leave unopened/uninspected to preserve the "as shipped from mint" state in hopes of better pricing when they sell it.

I was not referring to coin vs. round, but the mint seal on boxes and tubes some investors leave unopened/uninspected to preserve the "as shipped from mint" state in hopes of better pricing when they sell it.
The dimpled plastic sheets for Buffalos are notoriously weak and delaminate.

I think it’s just that if you order 20 or 25 coins that’s how they come. I don’t think there’s a lot of value especially if you’re a retail buyer reselling it.

In my experience, the high-volume sellers buy huge numbers of monster boxes (all kinds of coins) and just pull rolls out and package them up for shipment to the buyer. No need to open the roll unless sub-roll count is invoiced. Buy 7 coins... pull them from an open tube.

This is not necessarily so with ASEs and Maples rolls that may be searched for "Gradable Coins"...

1670473992841.png

The price dropped in US dollar terms. The dollar was really strong in Q3

Yeah, and central banks are notorious for buying gold when it's down, not when it's high. So the low prices probably spurred a lot of buying. It may even have been why gold triple bottomed at $1620.

I just texted him…if he’s drunk posting this price, I’ll pay him his full original asking price because he’s a stand up guy.
APMEX has these for around $40/coin currently, before tax and shipping. (random year, circulated)

My guess is he bought them when they were much less and is still making a profit at this price.
He's also doing membership here a solid. Sometimes it ain't about the money...

You could also sweeten the pot and find out what he likes to drink and have a shot or three with him. Worth more than any shiny...

Last edited:
He's also doing membership here a solid. Sometimes it ain't about the money

My biggest hurdle here buying PM’s is the f***ing sales tax. I’m amazed in a state this ‘free’ they charge sales tax on legal tender currency…seems kind of backwards to me.

I just don’t have a very good feeling about fiat in the near or long term and am scared SHITLESS about the proposed ‘fed-coin’ (digital U.S. dollar).

I don’t know enough about crypto and I really don’t understand HOW to even go about buying it, so that’s off the table.

Last edited:
My biggest hurdle here buying PM’s is the f***ing sales tax. I’m amazed in a state this ‘free’ they charge sales tax on legal tender currency…seems kind of backwards to me.

I just don’t have a very good feeling about fiat in the near or long term and am scared SHITLESS about the proposed ‘fed-coin’ (digital U.S. dollar).

I don’t know enough about crypto and I really don’t understand HOW to even go about buying it, so that’s off the table.

If you’re late to the game buying physical PMs, you’re not late to buy gold and silver miners. Buy companies with tons of silver and gold in the ground, valued like it’s a bunch of pet rocks.

This is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom