Granite State Indoor Range and Gun Shop, Hudson NH

CoastieRon

NES Member
new indoor range being built right now in Hudson, NH, and from the looks of their facebook postings, they aren't screwing around:

Google Foo for results on it.

Jewett Construction Company, Raymond, has been contracted to renovate space for the new Granite State Indoor Range and Gun Shop at 2 Hampshire Drive in Hudson. The four month, 12,960-square-foot project, designed by Portsmouth-based Port One Architects, includes interior renovations to an existing building to provide a members area, office space, and two ranges constructed of load-bearing masonry block and cast-in-place concrete deck cap. One range will contain five shooting stalls and the other will contain 10.

Principle is Richard C. Bishop. Can't find much on him. Interested to see how long this place lasts after seeing the debacle that was Blackwater.....

Interesting. It's not too far from where Blackwater was either. I can't imagine they will be able to expand at all - so at most it's an indoor pistol only kind of place. Maybe the same kind of business model as the Manchester Firing line?

Interesting. It's not too far from where Blackwater was either. I can't imagine they will be able to expand at all - so at most it's an indoor pistol only kind of place. Maybe the same kind of business model as the Manchester Firing line?
That's why I was researching the principle, to see if he had a connection with them.

Hi Guy's, mind if I jump in? We're a 18,000+ sqft indoor range with 5 static and 10 tactical bays. We have a 2,000sqft retail space and a 1,000sqft lounge. We also have 2 training rooms and will be offering multiple courses. I can tell you right now that we will be nothing like Blackwater or how they treated their customers. My name is Richard Nutile and I'm the GM for Granite State. You can find my bio on LinkedIn or just Google my name. I'm the former Special Weapons Coordinator for Sig Sauer and owner and principle instructor for Tactical Applications Consulting and Training. I can say with confidence that we are committed to our customers and our industry. Our business plans and goals are nothing like MFL or Blackwater (we can all see how long they lasted) and our goal is nothing short of 100% customer service. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call at 603-630-0538. Projected soft opening is October 1st with a grand opening projected for November 15th. We're also hiring too!!!! I'm flying out today on a business trip and will be back on Sunday. Thanks, Rich

Hi Guy's, mind if I jump in? We're a 18,000+ sqft indoor range with 5 static and 10 tactical bays. We have a 2,000sqft retail space and a 1,000sqft lounge. We also have 2 training rooms and will be offering multiple courses. I can tell you right now that we will be nothing like Blackwater or how they treated their customers. My name is Richard Nutile and I'm the GM for Granite State. You can find my bio on LinkedIn or just Google my name. I'm the former Special Weapons Coordinator for Sig Sauer and owner and principle instructor for Tactical Applications Consulting and Training. I can say with confidence that we are committed to our customers and our industry. Our business plans and goals are nothing like MFL or Blackwater (we can all see how long they lasted) and our goal is nothing short of 100% customer service. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call at 603-630-0538. Projected soft opening is October 1st with a grand opening projected for November 15th. We're also hiring too!!!! I'm flying out today on a business trip and will be back on Sunday. Thanks, Rich

Thanks Rich, I hope things work out - it sounds like a very interesting undertaking. I am curious to learn more.

I like the sound of this. Thanks!

Edited to add: I saw the ad in FB for the positions. Sent you a LinkedIn request.

Last edited:
Haven't seen any updates here so thought I'd jump in. Visited for the first time yesterday afternoon and this place is great! Clean, friendly, modern, well lit, and overall very nice. Enjoyed putting another couple hundred rounds through my new VP9 and definitely will be back. Melissa was very helpful (with some good natured ribbing about me being a MA resident). And unlike some public ranges, I like that there's a RSO roaming the range all the time. $20/day is a bargain for a place like this as others charge $20 - $25/hr.

The store also seemed very professional. They do have some MA-friendly guns, and lots of really cool not MA-friendly guns [frown]

Absolutely great range. I've been there twice and it was a blast. The main draw is the cost. They don't charge you by the hour for range time just for the day and it's cheap to rent guns as well. The big downside is that since your not paying by the hour to to rent a lane you can wait a while if it's busy.

I had the pleasure of being a guest at Granite State today.
Very nice range and friendly helpful staff. Nice proshop too.

You can rent a lane all day for $20.00. You can shoot in the am, leave for awhile and come back later to shoot some more. Rent handguns for $15.00 per caliber - so you could try three different .45's for 15 bucks. A membership is $39.00 a month...........I plan to go back. Very modern and clean facility.

Got to shoot a suppressed HK .45 so that was cool too...[grin]

http://www.granitestaterange.com/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom