Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the form. I just met with the detective in charge of issuing firearms licenses this past week for a class A unrestricted. After explaining my reasoning for a class a unrestricted he agreed with me and saw no issues. I should get my license in 4-6 weeks.

i think Peabody should be changed to a green town?
peabody has been green for years.

peabody has been green for years.

Yeah, the list in the OP of this thread doesn't list it as green, unfortunately. Though there is obviously more accurate data out there now, but I think if the OP list were kept up to date as an "anecdotal coloring" it would be interesting info to have when someone is researching a particular town and how to approach it.

East Bridgewater is very much Green.

Both myself and my fiance got unrestricted Class A with little delay. Licensing officer is very helpful through the process as well.

FWIW, Stow 1st issue, unrestricted arrived 6 weeks from prints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update on that peabody license. Got my class A LTC no restrictions [grin]. Arrived in the mail about 25 days after i went in for finger prints. The whole process took about 30 days.

At the mid-way point for Chelmsford - Seems very much a green town - Going through for Class A LTC no restrictions. So far 5 weeks to get appointment and prints done - Was told running about 10 weeks to get license. Little hint about the town - I think they process twice a month. From when I submitted to when the original letter came in, Appointment was next day, but already had conflicting meetings, so wound up waiting extra 3 weeks. My guess is every 3 weeks, so if you are luck, your appointment (like my first one should have been ) would be about 5 - 7 days, time it wrong like me... And you wait an extra 3 weeks or so.

Halfway thru the estimated 10-12 weeks for Medfield. Info from other residents puts the PD as green, but slow-ish at processing.

No appointments needed to submit app, just drop it off with the dispatcher/receptionist. Sgt called a few days later for same week fingerprinting & interview. Pretty much whenever he's on duty he'll do appointments. Pretty cool guy.

10-15 minute process, no troubles. They use your RMV photo for the license. Just a little bit more until she shows up!

Yeah, the list in the OP of this thread doesn't list it as green, unfortunately. Though there is obviously more accurate data out there now, but I think if the OP list were kept up to date as an "anecdotal coloring" it would be interesting info to have when someone is researching a particular town and how to approach it.
Perhaps comm2a could create their own list and map? I don't think the OP really updates the one here.

Actually, any reason why there isn't a link at the top of the forum here that has a map on it with all the towns marked in the appropriate color? I know on a motorcycle forum I am on they had a members map, with pins on the map for forum member towns....

Actually, any reason why there isn't a link at the top of the forum here that has a map on it with all the towns marked in the appropriate color? I know on a motorcycle forum I am on they had a members map, with pins on the map for forum member towns....
The OP in this thread has a link to the map. It hasn't been updated in ages though.

Ashland, MA--still green. 83 days (one day shy of 12 weeks) from application submission to call for pickup. Unrestricted on a first time application.

I picked up my new LTC in Framingham today. They called Friday. Basically 2 months from prints/pics until pickup for a renewal. I called a week or so ago and they told me it was approved but not in yet.

MALDEN ISSUE - READ BELOW

That was mainly for attention.
My friend is applying for his LTC in Malden. He was born in another country but has been a citizen for a very long time. They asked for proof of citizenship, so he brought his US passport. They said this wasn't enoigh and needed his naturalization paperwork. Ive never heard of this before. Have you? Why wouldn't a US passport be sufficient to prove citizenship status?

My friend is applying for his LTC in Malden. He was born in another country but has been a citizen for a very long time. They asked for proof of citizenship, so he brought his US passport. They said this wasn't enoigh and needed his naturalization paperwork. Ive never heard of this before. Have you? Why wouldn't a US passport be sufficient to prove citizenship status?

Have him contact Comm2A, [email protected] They filed a lawsuit against Boston PD over this and Boston changed their policy. Perhaps they have to re-file it to get a judge to slap them down?

Just so people know, the Foxboro COP retired today. Not sure what the future holds for LTCs, but hopefully it is better than it has been.

Have him contact Comm2A, [email protected] They filed a lawsuit against Boston PD over this and Boston changed their policy. Perhaps they have to re-file it to get a judge to slap them down?

The boston case did pop into my head.
He was only in his country for 1 month before he came here. I'm laughing but at the same time extremely confused and pissed off at Malden, they're always on top of their shit.

This is patently illegal and low handing fruit. By law a valid US passport is proof of citizenship. Hard Stop. Have your friend contact us at: http://www.comm2a.org/contact-us/problem

We sued Boston over this a few years back and not to long ago we went after Brockton as well.

Dracut- Green

The new interim police chief seems to be ok with LTC's. Both my wife and I received our LTC's No Restrictions in less then 8 weeks. She was new to firearms, I lived in NH and carried for a while. Here is the steps we took.

Picked up form from PD and dropped it off on July 29th.

Interview was schedule for both on August 10th. Meet with Sgt George who is a great guy and turned in application which was useless because he needed to enter it into the computer anyway but we went over it and he explained everything. He stated it may take 9 weeks to get license back which I thought was reasonable based on what I have read here.

September 5th I called the DCJIS to check on the status of my LTC and was told that it was approved and waiting for activation.

September 19th I called and was informed the LTC was mailed back to the PD. They told me it may take 2-3 weeks anyway for mail time and PD to acknowledge receipt and get my pin.

October 2nd- Received my phone call that it was ready to pick up. So from date of Interview to Pick up was 7.5 weeks. A little over 9 weeks from the date I filled out the LTC request from PD.

I was told that all LTC's going forward in Dracut will be no restrictions but the one requirement is 3 character letters and 1 to the Chief. A coworker received his LTC 2 years ago with sporting restrictions but that was the retired Police Chief. Hopefully the new Chief will be pro 2A like the interim Chief seems to be.

An update to the above issue.

Friend went back down to the PD yesterday, in hopes of talking more in depth with this woman and looking for any explanation on why a US Passport would not be accepted. They argued and it wasn't going anywhere until she gave him a phone number to call. Who this phone number led to, I'm not sure. Maybe the FLRB? He said its where all the apps are sent to. He had a conversation with them and was told a US passport IS accepted (as they rightfully should be). Handed the phone off to her so she could verify it. After this it was smooth sailing for him. He said her demeanor changed and she was super nice. The app was submitted yesterday. I'd expect him to get his unrestricted license in the mail in the hopefully by Xmas.

Thank you to everyone who reached out privately as well as on the forum, as always it is much appreciated.

An update to the above issue.

Friend went back down to the PD yesterday, in hopes of talking more in depth with this woman and looking for any explanation on why a US Passport would not be accepted. They argued and it wasn't going anywhere until she gave him a phone number to call. Who this phone number led to, I'm not sure. Maybe the FLRB? He said its where all the apps are sent to. He had a conversation with them and was told a US passport IS accepted (as they rightfully should be). Handed the phone off to her so she could verify it. After this it was smooth sailing for him. He said her demeanor changed and she was super nice. The app was submitted yesterday. I'd expect him to get his unrestricted license in the mail in the hopefully by Xmas.

Thank you to everyone who reached out privately as well as on the forum, as always it is much appreciated.

Sound like the licensing person in Malden has a problem with 'foreigners'

Probably had a major rod up her somewhere.
She was so "high" up there she needed to be knocked down a few pegs. Power trip, nothing else.

Sound like the licensing person in Malden has a problem with 'foreigners'

I received a PM from another member on here who went through the exact same thing with her. She would not accept his US Passport as proof of citizenship. So she obviously STILL hasn't learned her lesson.
I think the Chief should be informed of this, not to get her in trouble but just so there is some consistency for the application process and so she is aware of what is and is not proof of citizenship.

All this aside, she is a rather sweet little old lady.

Leominster - Still Green

Wife & 17 y/o daughter waited about 1.5 weeks for appt.

Apps submitted on 8/17.

License & FID card in hand today. No restrictions.

Absolutely painless process.

I renewed in Marlborough with an unrestricted license out of another town were I lived prior. I got unrestricted in Marlborough.

Marlborough is a green town for the most part and the process is pretty straight forward to apply or renew.

OK, thanks for your help... yes, Marlborough it is. I'll follow up accordingly (Mashpee seems to issue no restrictions across the board and Marlborough issued 10-20% with restrictions it appears - although hopefully they're not adding restrictions to previously unrestricted renewals)... I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again.

I received a PM from another member on here who went through the exact same thing with her. She would not accept his US Passport as proof of citizenship. So she obviously STILL hasn't learned her lesson.
I think the Chief should be informed of this, not to get her in trouble but just so there is some consistency for the application process and so she is aware of what is and is not proof of citizenship.

All this aside, she is a rather sweet little old lady.
She should absolutely get in trouble for this.

Ashland ma still green
Waited two weeks for an appointment, got it on Aug 5th
LTC class A no restrictions in hand on Oct 9th
Painless other than the wait.

Does anyone have any information on the current wait for Dennis, MA? As well as the difficulty of obtaining a unrestricted LTC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom