Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you've defined the Marlboro house as your residence, I think you've answered your question. Where will you vote? Where will you tell the IRS you live? Unless both of those are Mashpee, you're a Marlboro resident.

When you move to you Marlboro, you have to notify the Marlboro PD, the state, and the Framingham PD, because they're the one who issued your LTC. Mashpee doesn't matter, because they didn't issue it.

The restrictions can't change until you renew your licence.

OK, thanks for your help... yes, Marlborough it is. I'll follow up accordingly (Mashpee seems to issue no restrictions across the board and Marlborough issued 10-20% with restrictions it appears - although hopefully they're not adding restrictions to previously unrestricted renewals)... I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again.

Not true. Getting restrictions removed prior to expiration is a fairly common occurrence. :)

In another thread, regarding Batty v. Albertelli, people have said that Winchester has been placing restrictions on previously unrestricted licenses prior to the license coming up for renewal.

That requires Winchester PD to contact the old PD and convince them to add restrictions. The LTC is still controlled by the original issuing authority at all times.

Since you've defined the Marlboro house as your residence, I think you've answered your question. Where will you vote? Where will you tell the IRS you live? Unless both of those are Mashpee, you're a Marlboro resident.

When you move to you Marlboro, you have to notify the Marlboro PD, the state, and the Framingham PD, because they're the one who issued your LTC. Mashpee doesn't matter, because they didn't issue it.

The restrictions can't change until you renew your licence.

Yes the restrictions can change before renewal if the original licensing authority is willing to do it.

Yes the restrictions can change before renewal if the original licensing authority is willing to do it.

Sorry, what I meant was, "the new town can't change the restrictions", and not, "it's impossible to change before renewal"

I phrased it poorly, and didn't think of your example because he wanted to keep the current lack of restrictions.

My point was that he needn't worry about Marlboro doing anything before renewal.

Weymouth PD - Wife's LTC
Called and FINALLY got a hold of LO (tried multiple times and left multiple messages for the last 3 weeks) on 05/06/16
Appointment date of 06/23/16
I will update as she goes through the process.

Wayland. Green city or red?

Wayland used to be green, and still is, in the list up top.

According to Comm2A 34% of the LTCs issued there last year were restricted, and there's a post from 2013 where someone mentions having been given one with a "Sporting" restriction. Perhaps they've changed policy?

Winthrop should change to green. The LO is pro 2A. I believe he's actually on here Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Winthrop is listed as green and has been as long as I've been on this forum.

They used to be a bit slow with appointments but from what I hear that has been fixed.

That requires Winchester PD to contact the old PD and convince them to add restrictions. The LTC is still controlled by the original issuing authority at all times.
Not if the Winchester PD discovered it "issued an unrestricted license in error" and recalled that license to issue a neutered one.

Awesome, thanks! My city comes in at 11% restricted licenses last year. I just had my appointment with LO last week, I hope it all goes well from here on out.

Wanted to give an update on Waltham. I was told after 2 years I could ask for restrictions to be lift. I called up a few months early and they told me to drop off a photocopy with my phone number... 3 weeks later I received a call that my upgraded license was ready for pick up!

Anyone have any recent experience with Norwood MA as far as first time applicants are concerned? I plan on applying in the next few weeks? Any info would b much appreciated

A friend of mine just called Beverly PD today to start the process of applying for his LTC.

1. They took his personal info over the phone (name, SS, DOB, Parental info, DL #) and ran a background check on him, over the phone - I found this to be very odd and not consistent with any other LTC application process I've ever heard of.
2. They set up an appointment for his interview with the chief... for October. And they told him it was because they were overwhelmed with LTC applicants and that October was the first available slot. 5 months from now.

What a crock of horse shit.

A friend of mine just called Beverly PD today to start the process of applying for his LTC.

1. They took his personal info over the phone (name, SS, DOB, Parental info, DL #) and ran a background check on him, over the phone - I found this to be very odd and not consistent with any other LTC application process I've ever heard of.
2. They set up an appointment for his interview with the chief... for October. And they told him it was because they were overwhelmed with LTC applicants and that October was the first available slot. 5 months from now.

I'm guessing that a town like Beverly isn't short staffed. WTF

Should let Comm 2A know this isn't the first time a city has dragged their feet just giving an appointment

Newton it in YELLOW? How bad is it? If I move there I would be renewing in 2018. I have no restrictions. Thanks for the help!!

Matt

Only a few very, very red towns will downgrade you at renewal time if you move in with an unrestricted LTC. I wanna say it's less than ten. Watertown, Boston, Medford, Winchester (who actually downgraded licenses in mid-term recently), probably Brookline, who else?

Only a few very, very red towns will downgrade you at renewal time if you move in with an unrestricted LTC. I wanna say it's less than ten. Watertown, Boston, Medford, Winchester (who actually downgraded licenses in mid-term recently), probably Brookline, who else?

Ive been told that Watertown won't downgrade you, but I don't buy it. Newton overall has dramatically improved their licensing and will give out ALP first time around. Its not the easiest in the world, but its almost the exact opposite of their prior practice (which was to basically not give it ever).

Does Boston really downgrade? I'd be surprised. It's nowhere near as bad as some of the surrounding towns on most gun issues.

Does Boston really downgrade? I'd be surprised. It's nowhere near as bad as some of the surrounding towns on most gun issues.

I've had people recently tell me that their unrestricted LTC from other towns were renewed without restrictions. They seem to be taking the approach that once someone loses their restrictions they don't get them back. But I'm not sure this is a hard and fast rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom