Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother just applied for a license in Stoughton. He was told that due to the rising crime in his town, the CLEO only gives out Restricted (target shooting) class A...no exceptions. Will have to wait and see if that is what he will get.

My brother just applied for a license in Stoughton. He was told that due to the rising crime in his town, the CLEO only gives out Restricted (target shooting) class A...no exceptions. Will have to wait and see if that is what he will get.

And this "rise in crime" is directly associated to the towns legal gun owners how?

You'd think due to rising crime, they would allow more ALP permits.[hmmm][rolleyes][sad2][frown][crying]

Wow. That pretty much spells out what the licensing authority believes; that a person seeking an unrestricted LTC-A is likely or predisposed to commit crimes, and that the issuance of a restricted LTC-A will deter that person from criminal activity.

I'm just guessing, but my gut feeling is that criminals just skip the licensing process altogether because they are .... well, criminals.

he can blame that rising crime on the rejects from brockton who disregard the same licensing laws!

I see Ashby is Red, that may need to be changed to Black. A coworker went to apply Saturday and brought in the 2 page requirements and notices to go with the application. The way I read it they won't even give people a "B" unless you need it for employment or carry money etc. I have a scan of it, pm and I will email it to you.

I see Ashby is Red, that may need to be changed to Black. A coworker went to apply Saturday and brought in the 2 page requirements and notices to go with the application. The way I read it they won't even give people a "B" unless you need it for employment or carry money etc. I have a scan of it, pm and I will email it to you.

Well, you can't carry on a class B regardless of what it says...

Ashby? A small town or 3000 people in North Central Mass. Red? Black? WTF?

Winchendon is red and on the other side of North Ashburnham. What color is North Ashburnham, do you know. Maybe it's a just a mishagas among the local police chiefs in that area.

Ashburnham is green green green. No interview, no letters of reference, just a filled out app., the money, and safety course certificate. They're great there.

I see Clinton is blue. I have a couple friends there that were able to get a LTC. One was on the first try with no problems. One had a recent DUI, I think it was continued without a finding, and got a class B for 4 years and then got his A. They charge an extra $10 for a “picture fee” but otherwise I understand it’s not hard to get an LTC.

I see Clinton is blue. I have a couple friends there that were able to get a LTC. One was on the first try with no problems. One had a recent DUI, I think it was continued without a finding, and got a class B for 4 years and then got his A. They charge an extra $10 for a “picture fee” but otherwise I understand it’s not hard to get an LTC.

Unrestricted?

Bridgewater green or not ?!

Well, I just got my LTC-A no restrict. in Bridgewater, but it took some doing, or "explanation(s)" as the other poster said...
They wanted to give me a B first, and then reapply four years later for the A.
I had to talk to the police chief and really plead my case, then a followup email, and I also, on my own accord, gave him an additional character reference, from shall we say, another person-of-importance.

The chief in B'water said thats the way he usually does it...'B' first, then 'A'.

So I REALLY don't know about Bridgewater being truly "green" as-it-were, maybe it was just me and my personal profile.[wink]

ace57

Well, I just got my LTC-A no restrict. in Bridgewater, but it took some doing, or "explanation(s)" as the other poster said...
They wanted to give me a B first, and then reapply four years later for the A.
I had to talk to the police chief and really plead my case, then a followup email, and I also, on my own accord, gave him an additional character reference, from shall we say, another person-of-importance.

The chief in B'water said thats the way he usually does it...'B' first, then 'A'.

So I REALLY don't know about Bridgewater being truly "green" as-it-were, maybe it was just me and my personal profile.[wink]

ace57
If one has to go through all of that then I would have to say it's red.

If one has to go through all of that then I would have to say it's red.
+1

From first post:
Bold Green usually Issue "Class A" "All Lawful Purposes"

Bold Red May Issue and/or are difficult to obtain a "Class A" "All Lawful Purposes" usually give out restricted such as "Sport and Target"

Cities in Bold Black are almost Impossible or impossible to Obtain a "Class A" usually issue a "Class B" or "FID"

ace57

If the difference between getting an unrestricted LTC is whether or not the applicant has a recommendation from a "person of importance", I'd be inclined to paint it black.

I grew up in WEST Bridgewater. It helped, in those years, to grease the skids for any public purpose if you were were a descendant of a Mayflower passenger, or were of Swedish ancestry.

But I suppose that if the Daughters of the American Revolution and a handful of third generation Swedes could get licensed, Red might be in order.

But Green? Don't think so.

Well, lrdwilder (post #699 in this thread) said he basically had no trouble, just had to explain why, or something to that effect for the Bridgewater LTC-A no restrict.

...but for me, as I said, it was more difficult, which is why I said maybe it was something about me or my profile... I DK, tell ya tho... I was pretty happy when the chief said he
"revisited" my application and decided to 'grant' me (my wording) a no restrict. A.
...and the additional character letter was my idea, he did not ask for that. Just thought it would help, and I think it did.

but truly green, Bridgewater? Based upon MY experience and my interpretation of what is thought of as "green," I would say no...

ace57

Well 31 days after my renewal the Groton PD called and my LTC was ready. I went down and picked it up, LTC A restrictions: none.
Basically same as I had before LTC A All Lawful Purposes but now in a size that fits in my wallet.
So I am very happy and I would say Groton should remain green. This is a new Chief so I wasn't really certain until I picked it up even though I had heard things were not changing.

[rockon]

Last edited:
Arlington is red ?

What happened to/in Arlington ?

why is it red on the first page when all I've read is people suggesting its the closest thing to Boston thats green ?

have something changed in the town recently ?
[thinking]

What happened to/in Arlington ?

why is it red on the first page when all I've read is people suggesting its the closest thing to Boston thats green ?

have something changed in the town recently ?
[thinking]

it is listed as green on the front page when I checked.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom