Guns Inc- The Phil Problem

Best way to avoid all of that, is shop elsewhere, and spread the word to everyone you know that they track ammo purchases, and make it effect their wallet.

Maybe than they will change their policies.

It's not just ammo purchases I went to buy a book I was asked for my LTC. I said for what? They said that for all purchases your info goes into thier system, I said keep the book and have not been back.

I know I posted this in one of these Guns Inc threads before.

Last edited:
It's not just ammo purchases I went to buy a book I was asked for my LTC. I said for what they said for all purchases your info goes into thier system I said keep the book and have not been back.

I know I posted this in one of these Guns Inc threads before.

Tracking info to buy a book? Yeah, screw them.

No answer yet to my question ?

You'll get that answer about the same time we get one on T53s[rolleyes]. I give them all the info and jerk us around for MONTHS. I still have not heard back and have given up. With that said I have NOT stepped foot in there since the last ammo purchased was logged and I got a half ass answer but the Mosins.

Walmart ammo looks better and better. [thinking]

Guys I try keep up with about ten forms of social media, running the business, and doing all the advertising so this thread is not my first place to answer business questions; I have a business email for that which is [email protected] please feel free to direct your questions there I answer emails at all hours.

"Turbo" must be a business owner since he understands the concept of building a "customer base". I do NOT share your info with anyone; I'm not "tracking" you, it depends on how you're paying (cash? for a book would be fine) etc. I'm sorry after reading this "I track you because you buy ammo" I'm really astonished at where everyone's mind is right now, like I personally call the government when you buy a box of ammo???..... I don't even have a response for this. My system keeps a record of things you buy so when you call to ask me what (1) model gun you bought last week (2) what ammo goes in your gun (3) what mags you should buy for your gun (4) what your serial number is (5) what holster you already bought so you can buy a different one (6) if you bought a cleaning kit already (7) what kind of ammo you bought last week you really liked so you can buy the same kind I am able to look it up quickly.

Also, if you pay with a credit card I must have a persons name on the receipt to match the name on the credit card. This way I able to prove there is no credit card fraud going on. Example: Husband came in bought a gun and accessories, took the gun home. Two months later I get a call from his credit card company telling me his wife called saying the charge in a gun store was fraudulent because her husband does NOT own any guns. The credit card company took their money back until I was able to prove it was not fraud. This is because he is in my customer base, I had copies of his ID's and his signature on all the paperwork. The awful thing was that it was never fraud it was just a secret. So yes I do take extra precautions in order to keep my business going and not hand out products free of charge because my store is caught in someone else's secret. OTHER PEOPLE WHO DO THINGS LIKE THIS FORCE ME TO HAVE SOME EXTRA INFO IN MY SYSTEM; LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD GOES A FEW PEOPLE RUIN THINGS FOR ALL THE OTHER HONEST PEOPLE.

And yes I ask for phone numbers in my customer base so when you leave your permit, your cell phone, your magazine, your glasses on the counter I can call you to let you know you left it. This happens at least FIVE times a day and when I call these people seem to be VERY thankful I'm calling them about their lost items.

Pricing for small gun stores right now is very unusual and difficult after the CT shooting everything seems to be out of stock and MANUFACTURERS/DISTRIBUTORS raise prices every chance they get. Shopping local (no matter what you're buying) is always a little more expensive because we are one store not a huge corporation such as Walmart. If you feel like you like Walmart better everyone is free to shop where they like, but I will be the first person to tell you I am not Walmart and I cannot compete with their bulk order pricing.

Purchasing firearms is NOT an unrecorded thing anymore; federal and state (especially MASS) branches have enacted laws and paperwork to force these purchases to be "registered" or "recorded".

Like I said before this blog is not my business page so if you want business questions answered that's why I have a business email [email protected]
I made a website that has a contact page on it so questions get sent directly to me by email so they can be answered promptly.

Food for thought: If you have a smart phone that tracks where you are all day; also fast passes in your car keeps track of you when you pass through tolls and by federal buildings.

- - - Updated - - -

should have been a little more clear

ive been card but the info has never been logged, took my license looked at it then returned it

Please send me the link to this "law"??

I've bought many things at several gun stores in MA, NH, and ME, and a ton of ammo, and nobody has written down or recorded anything about me. All I have to do in MA is show them my LTC, and nothing in NH and ME! And 1 store in MA doesn't even ask anymore because I'm a repeat customer for years, and they have great service and prices. Fair!

I've bought many things at several gun stores in MA, NH, and ME, and a ton of ammo, and nobody has written down or recorded anything about me. All I have to do in MA is show them my LTC, and nothing in NH and ME! And 1 store in MA doesn't even ask anymore because I'm a repeat customer for years, and they have great service and prices. Fair!

I guess reading comprehension is not one of your strong points

I'm only commenting on my experiences vis-a-vis what others are reporting about this guns inc recording info. before you go ape! I'm not sure I buy that about lost glasses, keys, or whatever, without wanting to impugn that gentleman's reputation. you on the other hand-you're not duped or on the company payroll, are you?

Last edited:
At least he answered but complete BS.
Too many other good shops to bother anymore.

I'm only commenting on my experiences vis-a-vis what others are reporting about this guns inc recording info. before you go ape! I'm not sure I buy that about lost glasses, keys, or whatever, without wanting to impugn that gentleman's reputation. you on the other hand-you're not duped or on the company payroll, are you?

Not at all..... I just happen to like the new store. They have gone through lots of growing pains since purchasing it, but at least Kendall and her family have worked hard to make things right. I just don't see where anyone has been purposely trampled on. They have turned this store into double the size with all the newest product and guns available... worked at putting a good crew together, just plain transformed the place into what a gun store should be.

I'll be the first to tell ya, I had a few WTF's over the years there, but have come back enough to appreciate and see the changes for the good. Give em a chance.... they are working at it.

Tell that to the shop that sold the AR used in the DC sniper attacks.

Bottom line is when the knock at the door arrives, records will be handed over. No matter who's agenda the "request" is intended to fulfill.

I think that is why record keeping is such a sore spot.

Bottom line is when the knock at the door arrives, records will be handed over. No matter who's agenda the "request" is intended to fulfill.

I think that is why record keeping is such a sore spot.

I have found other MA gun stores downplay the collecting of information as Kendall does and it raises red flags for me for this very reason.

The problem with pricing something above market "because the shop bought high" is that the market place just does not work that way. Just look at all those people who sat on overpriced houses because they "needed" to get a certain price because they bought before the downturn. Similarly, there is no obligation to price below market because a shop bought inventory before a run-up.

But, all any shop with overpriced lowers needs to do is hang on - there will be another panic, just as surely as there will be another primer shortage (of course, the current one has to end first).

As to records - it should be simple enough to allow a customer buying an item for which the govt does not require records (books, ammo) to not provide information for a database as long as he pays cash. The key is "customer choice".l

Just curious Enzo... but how many times have you been in Guns Inc and what was your actual experiences.. Thanks

I used to be a member of the range at S&W so I would stop there and other local shops often since I don't live in this area. I'd say about dozen times.
My actual experience was like going to the Gun Room in Shrewsbury. You could be the only one in the shop and have to find someone to help you. When i asked to see a third firearm I was asked if I came to the shop to look or to buy. When I asked if they had a cash price(another time) like many shops do, the firearm was taken off the counter and put in the dismay case. BTW, that was the final time I was there and BTW, I bought the same firearm at Four Seasons the next week.
Like I commented previously, there are too many great shops with helpful employees to bother with this place. Especially when the response from the new owner is disingenuous, IMO.

Last edited:
I used to be a member of the range at S&W so I would stop there and other local shops often since I don't live in this area. I'd say about dozen times.
My actual experience was like going to the Gun Room in Shrewsbury. You could be the only one in the shop and have to find someone to help you. When i asked to see a third firearm I was asked if I came to the shop to look or to buy. When I asked if they had a cash price(another time) like many shops do, the firearm was taken off the counter and put in the dismay case. BTW, that was the final time I was there and BTW, I bought the same firearm at Four Seasons the next week.
Like I commented previously, there are too many great shops with helpful employees to bother with this place. Especially when the response from the new owner is disingenuous, IMO.

Ok, fair enough.... but since it seems to me, your timetable is pretty much when it was AAA Guns.... really has no merit since it is now under total new management, not to mention, a completely gutted and renewed store... you might try checking them out again and have a more accurate assessment to share here.

Ok, fair enough.... but since it seems to me, your timetable is pretty much when it was AAA Guns.... really has no merit since it is now under total new management, not to mention, a completely gutted and renewed store... you might try checking them out again and have a more accurate assessment to share here.

While I completely agree with you that it is unfair to relate Guns Inc. to the old AAA Guns, I think that it may take Guns Inc. quite a while to come out from under the shadow of AAA's bad reputation. My experiences with AAA go back to 1992 - and although I know the management has changed, store is different, etc., etc. I still haven't been able to convince myself to go back into that building. I agree that this is illogical and unfair, and I'm sure someday I will bring myself to the point where I can go back in and be pleasantly surprised. It hasn't happened yet, though. [sad]

This is still my issue at Guns inc: if I buy any ammunition there it's put into the computer, but if I go to walmart, Nicks Sport Shop or Guns and Gear they look at my LTC and nothing is put into the computer. I don't know about the rest of you but I can remember what ammunition I need and I can't imagine going it a gun store and asking them what type of ammunition my rifle or handgun takes.

Turbo38gn,
I would have found Kendallgunsinc comments more believable if the reason they want all this information was to send out Christmas cards.

"My system keeps a record of things you buy so when you call to ask me what (1) model gun you bought last week (2) what ammo goes in your gun (3) what mags you should buy for your gun (4) what your serial number is (5) what holster you already bought so you can buy a different one (6) if you bought a cleaning kit already (7) what kind of ammo you bought last week you really liked so you can buy the same kind I am able to look it up quickly.

And yes I ask for phone numbers in my customer base so when you leave your permit, your cell phone, your magazine, your glasses on the counter I can call you to let you know you left it. This happens at least FIVE times a day and when I call these people seem to be VERY thankful I'm calling them about their lost items. "

Has anyone ever called their gunshop to ask what model gun they bought the week before? or what ammo it takes?? or if you already own a cleaning kit??? 1 thru 7 is complete BS, whether new management, completely gutted and renewed store or not and this is the owner?
Maybe not a red Stop sign but definitely a big yellow Caution sign.

Turbo38gn,
I would have found Kendallgunsinc comments more believable if the reason they want all this information was to send out Christmas cards.

"My system keeps a record of things you buy so when you call to ask me what (1) model gun you bought last week (2) what ammo goes in your gun (3) what mags you should buy for your gun (4) what your serial number is (5) what holster you already bought so you can buy a different one (6) if you bought a cleaning kit already (7) what kind of ammo you bought last week you really liked so you can buy the same kind I am able to look it up quickly.

And yes I ask for phone numbers in my customer base so when you leave your permit, your cell phone, your magazine, your glasses on the counter I can call you to let you know you left it. This happens at least FIVE times a day and when I call these people seem to be VERY thankful I'm calling them about their lost items. "

Has anyone ever called their gunshop to ask what model gun they bought the week before? or what ammo it takes?? or if you already own a cleaning kit??? 1 thru 7 is complete BS, whether new management, completely gutted and renewed store or not and this is the owner?
Maybe not a red Stop sign but definitely a big yellow Caution sign.

Fine, twisting her response around to suit your agenda is fine too... What Kendall says makes sense to me, I can understand her point. We live in the age of info, not all info is taken to hurt us.. I own a business, my computer software is used much the same as Guns Inc. is, the more info I have, the better I can service my customers. Turning it into a reason to not visit her store says more about your agenda than it does about Guns Inc. First, you didn't like them because of the way you were treated by the previous owners, now you take exception to Kendall's post since that didn't work... so what's the real reason...

Can i refuse you logging the information ? If i ask you not to do it will you refuse the sale?

Again we're talking about things other than guns. I hate it but theres not much that one can do, no matter what shop you go in when you buy a gun there's always paperwork. but to keep track of books sales as other have said and the ammunition sales is I think overbearing and intrusive.

Can i refuse you logging the information ? If i ask you not to do it will you refuse the sale?

Again we're talking about things other than guns. I hate it but theres not much that one can do, no matter what shop you go in when you buy a gun there's always paperwork. but to keep track of books sales as other have said and the ammunition sales is I think overbearing and intrusive.

+1

Fine, twisting her response around to suit your agenda is fine too... What Kendall says makes sense to me, I can understand her point. We live in the age of info, not all info is taken to hurt us.. I own a business, my computer software is used much the same as Guns Inc. is, the more info I have, the better I can service my customers. Turning it into a reason to not visit her store says more about your agenda than it does about Guns Inc. First, you didn't like them because of the way you were treated by the previous owners, now you take exception to Kendall's post since that didn't work... so what's the real reason...

I don't see any twisting. Her answers sound like either complete bs or a new business owner trying to over plan for a problem that isn't there. If these are services she really wants to offer then she needs to make them optional for those who want them only. I won't even give my zip code to tractor supply when they ask. None of their damn business.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

I don't see any twisting. Her answers sound like either complete bs or a new business owner trying to over plan for a problem that isn't there. If these are services she really wants to offer then she needs to make them optional for those who want them only. I won't even give my zip code to tractor supply when they ask. None of their damn business.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
+1

Absolutley no "agenda" whatsoever. I don't know how I could twist her words when I copied and pasted them verbatim...
I'm a guy who loves to shoot and buy guns and gun stuff and will drive over 2 hours to visit a gun shop that gets good reviews on these forums, like probably a lot of us here and I will avoid the places (like Dick's) that want information that isn't required.
If that's how she wants to run her business then its her right and if customers don't mind giving up their rights then the shop will do well but I think she's pushing the envelope. IMO, she needs to find a balance between accumulating customer data and what the customer will tolerate. The way it sounds now its not for me.

Last edited:
I won't even give my zip code to tractor supply when they ask. None of their damn business.

Yup. Or I usually just make up 5 numbers so they'll leave me alone.

Anyone recording my information, will never get my business. And, I will spread the word about stores to every person I know, to also never shop there.

Back
Top Bottom