Guns Inc- The Phil Problem

If you both know that, then why go all ballistic.. for 10 pages.... there was no insult served up, just the insult you want to make out to be.

Dude, you're the one who went ballistic and yes, insulting to ask me to explain how many times I've been to the store and that I must have an agenda.
If you want to perpetuate this, then glad to do it but you're the one who's keeping it going...

The problem with information is that when a company collects it from you the information is theirs and they can do what they want with it. They can sell it and they can give it to the police. There is no HIPPA involved in this. This isn't private medical information.

Dude, you're the one who went ballistic and yes, insulting to ask me to explain how many times I've been to the store and that I must have an agenda.
If you want to perpetuate this, then glad to do it but you're the one who's keeping it going...

BS, you shared a story about a company no longer there... I called you out on it. No insult intended just wanted accurate info based on the OP.. I didn't turn it into a shit storm, again, just wanted accurate info.... way too much info on the net gets twisted and is not always true, embellishment is a common occurrence.. If you took it as an insult, I'm sorry. If you haven't visited the store, why share an old story..

BS, you shared a story about a company no longer there... I called you out on it. No insult intended just wanted accurate info based on the OP.. I didn't turn it into a shit storm, again, just wanted accurate info.... way too much info on the net gets twisted and is not always true, embellishment is a common occurrence.. If you took it as an insult, I'm sorry. If you haven't visited the store, why share an old story..

Guns Inc - The Phil Problem is the title of the thread... Maybe you should start a new thread for the new store and owner if you don't want any association with the previous store.
But by your own words, "Here's an American family that bought their dream gun shop, with very little knowledge (your words, my emphasis) yet doing everything to bring us the very best store and professional environment, and you guys want to put them out of business".
Maybe instead of making a ridiculous statement that we're trying to put them out of business, your friend and you should take the advice from the people on this thread who know a lot more than me and have a lot of knowledge, that customers do mind giving personal information when it's not required by law. But somehow I feel that that message hasn't gotten through.

Is Turbo really Phil?

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Here's another good one to use (maybe):
I know of a guy who did some of the brethalyzer training in the state. A couple decades ago, he was one of the first to train up on the new system where you keyed in the drivers license number into the test computer. Well, back when your MA DL license number was your SSN, he just made up some random number. When the test went through as a refusal, turns out a guy with that SSN lived in Wrentham or Wenham or some town hat begins with W, and he ended up getting the poor guy's license suspended.

It was fixed ASAP with all due apologies. They also realized the test computer needed a training mode.

The problem with information is that when a company collects it from you the information is theirs and they can do what they want with it. They can sell it and they can give it to the police. There is no HIPPA involved in this. This isn't private medical information.

Mistakes happen. I just received an email from a major gun show producer intended for exhibitors (my club has a table with them), however, they used "cc" rather than "bcc" on the email. I'm sure it was not their intent to share their customer list with every one of their vendors for that show but, stuff happens.

THIS THREAD HAS EXPLODED over the past few weeks! The only bad press is no press at all so we are all glad Phil is gone and its cool Kendall the GM is willing to reply to the issues people have. Guns inc has the most guns in any shop I've seen in MA the only downside is they don't have the ammo supply I would expect in relation to the number of guns they have. If guns Inc had bulk ammo up the Wazoo then hands down they would be the best shop in the state especially now since Phil is GONZO!

Just wanted to comment on the person who said Guns Inc is collecting information on customers. I dont think Guns Inc is doing anything like that. We don't need to worry about our local gun shop we need to worry about how the government is spying on American gun owners and conservatives (remember the IRS targeting Tea Party members). With the recent information we have learned about the NSA and how they have been secretly (and in my opinion unconstitutionally) spying on law abiding American citizens does anybody doubt the possibility of a secret gun registry. I live in Massachusetts so we all know in states like this there is a registry but in every state when you buy a gun there is a quick (or not so quick) background check run on the individual so their SS # is run then often times they pay by credit card or the store puts them on their email list etc.... The point being if the Federal Government wanted to try to obtain all the info possible and store it I have no doubt they would be able to and quite frankly I believe most gun owners are on a list, the government has it and they probably have a good idea of what you own.
I'm sure some people will think this is just another conspiracy theory, there is nothing to it, I'm just being paranoid etc. Well I believe it is only a matter of time before liberal Democrats come out and make a real push for banning firearms all together. I believe I will see it in my lifetime (I'm in my 30's) and once they are able to ban the sale of guns the final step will be confiscation. There will likely be some great tragedy resulting in fear and liberals like Dianne Feinstein will have the public support (or supreme court support) they need to accomplish what they have wanted all along to take guns out of the hands of people like you and me so only the rich political elite will power and protection. America will be just like England, the common peasants will be at the mercy of the rich and powerful, once "We The People" are disarmed freedom will be only a distant memory so watch out. It may not happen tomorrow but give it enough time it WILL happen, the liberals in Washington are waiting for their window of oppertunity. Its like Obama's man in Chicago Rahm Emanuel said "never let a good tragedy go to waste". Long live the republic and God Bless America!

Just wanted to comment on the person who said Guns Inc is collecting information on customers. I dont think Guns Inc is doing anything like that. We don't need to worry about our local gun shop we need to worry about how the government is spying on American gun owners and conservatives (remember the IRS targeting Tea Party members). With the recent information we have learned about the NSA and how they have been secretly (and in my opinion unconstitutionally) spying on law abiding American citizens does anybody doubt the possibility of a secret gun registry. I live in Massachusetts so we all know in states like this there is a registry but in every state when you buy a gun there is a quick (or not so quick) background check run on the individual so their SS # is run then often times they pay by credit card or the store puts them on their email list etc.... The point being if the Federal Government wanted to try to obtain all the info possible and store it I have no doubt they would be able to and quite frankly I believe most gun owners are on a list, the government has it and they probably have a good idea of what you own.
I'm sure some people will think this is just another conspiracy theory, there is nothing to it, I'm just being paranoid etc. Well I believe it is only a matter of time before liberal Democrats come out and make a real push for banning firearms all together. I believe I will see it in my lifetime (I'm in my 30's) and once they are able to ban the sale of guns the final step will be confiscation. There will likely be some great tragedy resulting in fear and liberals like Dianne Feinstein will have the public support (or supreme court support) they need to accomplish what they have wanted all along to take guns out of the hands of people like you and me so only the rich political elite will power and protection. America will be just like England, the common peasants will be at the mercy of the rich and powerful, once "We The People" are disarmed freedom will be only a distant memory so watch out. It may not happen tomorrow but give it enough time it WILL happen, the liberals in Washington are waiting for their window of oppertunity. Its like Obama's man in Chicago Rahm Emanuel said "never let a good tragedy go to waste". Long live the republic and God Bless America!

Ah, yes they are collecting information from customers. Right from the owners mouth (words), post 65!

Clearly the boat set sail before you got on because what you just put forth is EXACTLY why people are up in arms about them doing this. Especially for cash sales. If it's a cash sale it makes any of this really hard to do so, unless the shop is going above and beyond with recording additional info. Out of principle I never put my Ssn on the 4473. I'm always told I should put it on there but I seem to do just fine with the less is more.

Ah, yes they are collecting information from customers. Right from the owners mouth (words), post 65!

Exactly.

shill
SHil/
informal
noun
noun: shill; plural noun: shills
an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

I don't think gun shops are the concern but i guess you never know, they could sell your private info like google and facebook have. How concerned are people about this? I just figure in states like MA everything is registered anyway so there isn't much we can do, there is no privacy for us but even in states like NH your name and SS# are still run through a background check every time you buy a gun so if the NSA is spying on our emails and phone calls does anyone really think they or the FBI isn't recording gun purchasing activity? I just don't think gun stores are the main concern.

I don't think gun shops are the concern but i guess you never know, they could sell your private info like google and facebook have. How concerned are people about this? I just figure in states like MA everything is registered anyway so there isn't much we can do, there is no privacy for us but even in states like NH your name and SS# are still run through a background check every time you buy a gun so if the NSA is spying on our emails and phone calls does anyone really think they or the FBI isn't recording gun purchasing activity? I just don't think gun stores are the main concern.

It's not your private info. You gave it to them. It is their info now and they can do whatever they want with it.

Back
Top Bottom