Guns Inc- The Phil Problem

Yup. Or I usually just make up 5 numbers so they'll leave me alone.

Anyone recording my information, will never get my business. And, I will spread the word about stores to every person I know, to also never shop there.

Tom,

Have you ever ordered anything mail order?

i cant speak about this shop in particular or any of their policies... but it is not completely uncommon for somebody to buy a gun and have no clue what it is the next time they come in to a shop. i sold a gun to a new licensee, went over everything with him- including the kinds of ammo he could use, cleaning kits, etc.

this customer came in the next week when i was not in, he told another employee the wrong information... because of this he bought the wrong ammo, the wrong cleaning kit, and the wrong holster (he did not bring the gun with him, either)

we got him all squared away but to this day he calls mags "clips" and thinks his gun is a "smith and westin". sometimes people just cannot retain new information, since the gun community is expanding so rapidly it is not completely impossible that people are clueless. it's like when somebody knows the make of their car but not the model, year, what size engine, etc. so just keep in mind that not everyone is as into guns, as brilliant, or as awesome as people on this forum.
[smile]

i cant speak about this shop in particular or any of their policies... but it is not completely uncommon for somebody to buy a gun and have no clue what it is the next time they come in to a shop. i sold a gun to a new licensee, went over everything with him- including the kinds of ammo he could use, cleaning kits, etc.

this customer came in the next week when i was not in, he told another employee the wrong information... because of this he bought the wrong ammo, the wrong cleaning kit, and the wrong holster (he did not bring the gun with him, either)

we got him all squared away but to this day he calls mags "clips" and thinks his gun is a "smith and westin". sometimes people just cannot retain new information, since the gun community is expanding so rapidly it is not completely impossible that people are clueless. it's like when somebody knows the make of their car but not the model, year, what size engine, etc. so just keep in mind that not everyone is as into guns, as brilliant, or as awesome as people on this forum.
[smile]

++1 Thanks for pointing out reality

As to ordering anything online, obviously yes I have. And I am sure to an extent it is 'recorded' as well.

A small local shop shouldn't do it, or should at least give you the option to opt out. MA is bad enough as it is, these places make it worse.

Fine, twisting her response around to suit your agenda is fine too... What Kendall says makes sense to me, I can understand her point. We live in the age of info, not all info is taken to hurt us.. I own a business, my computer software is used much the same as Guns Inc. is, the more info I have, the better I can service my customers. Turning it into a reason to not visit her store says more about your agenda than it does about Guns Inc. First, you didn't like them because of the way you were treated by the previous owners, now you take exception to Kendall's post since that didn't work... so what's the real reason...

I am an impartial observer and I don't see any twisting.

Actually all Kendallgunsinc did with that very detailed post is create more even more questions. I can't imagine why you don't see that...

I am an impartial observer and I don't see any twisting.

Actually all Kendallgunsinc did with that very detailed post is create more even more questions. I can't imagine why you don't see that...

I thought it was an excellent response, guess you have to own a business to understand. What I have noticed is it seems, no matter what she says, a few here have their minds made up. If it makes sense to some, it won't to you.. cause, as I said, your mind is made up. It's like the same few guys take this imaginary stand that Big Brother is behind getting your info.... for... something, just not sure what.. Holy smokes... Joe Blow just bought 100rds of 223.. go get him..

First it was Phil.... then it's the info caper, next it's the rude guy behind the counter... then it's the list that Kendall responded with.. WTF... if you don't want to go there or anyone else to... don't. Here's an American family that bought their dream gun shop, with very little knowledge yet doing everything to bring us the very best store and professional environment, and you guys want to put them out of business.... WTF is wrong with you guys.

guess you have to own a business to understand.

Nah you don't really, but that kind of condescending bullsh1t won't win many over here...also, i heard recently that raising the debt ceiling doesn't necessarily mean raising debt... hmmm i'm so dumb, ok,l i'll buy that [smile]

Nah you don't really, but that kind of condescending bullsh1t won't win many over here...also, i heard recently that raising the debt ceiling doesn't necessarily mean raising debt... hmmm i'm so dumb, ok,l i'll buy that [smile]

... condescending my azzz. Owning a business has given me the opportunity to understand the importance of a customer base and to realize what Kendall said is true.. keep attacking, the more angles you comes up with the more right you are.. [rolleyes]

... condescending my azzz. Owning a business has given me the opportunity to understand the importance of a customer base and to realize what Kendall said is true.. keep attacking, the more angles you comes up with the more right you are.. [rolleyes]

Does it really enhance the customer base if you chase away those customers who do not want their purchasing patterns in your shop's database?

It's not just ammo purchases I went to buy a book I was asked for my LTC. I said for what? They said that for all purchases your info goes into thier system, I said keep the book and have not been back.

I know I posted this in one of these Guns Inc threads before.

Guys I try keep up with about ten forms of social media, running the business, and doing all the advertising so this thread is not my first place to answer business questions; I have a business email for that which is [email protected] please feel free to direct your questions there I answer emails at all hours.

"Turbo" must be a business owner since he understands the concept of building a "customer base". I do NOT share your info with anyone; I'm not "tracking" you, it depends on how you're paying (cash? for a book would be fine) etc.

I tried to puchase a book with cash and was asked for my LTC when I asked why the Gentleman responded that all purchases were put into your computer.

I refused to purchase under that policy. I have no beef with your company I was just sharing my experience.

I wish your business the best, and I will try to purchase in the future but if I pay cash and buy a item lets say targets, if that requires my LTC than you can keep them also.

Does it really enhance the customer base if you chase away those customers who do not want their purchasing patterns in your shop's database?

Never had anyone cry about it before... are you kidding me... everything that you few here seem to be worried about you share to everybody in the world every time you post.. every angle... I'll bet everyone here has purchased something online... nuff said.

Never had anyone cry about it before... are you kidding me... everything that you few here seem to be worried about you share to everybody in the world every time you post.. every angle... I'll bet everyone here has purchased something online... nuff said.

involuntary vs voluntary

you know those are two different things right

I am not worried about someone finding out I buy ammo, books, etc. The issue is not one of is secret squirrel is going to find out I have a copy of a reloading manual, but one of principle. If a buyer wants to pay cash for a legal item, is the buyer being unreasonable for thinking he can do it without producing his papers, or is the seller unreasonable for not making it clear being recorded in the shop database is an optional service?

In my opinion, Kendall could end the issue by simply stating "we require your ID to record data if you pay by check or credit card, but being entered into our customer database is entirely optional for non regulated cash purchases.".

Sometimes being in a shop's database can be very convenient, especially when you get an email about that hard to find gun or shipment of primers and powder that just arrived.

Last edited:
To be honest with you Rob, I agree with you here with what you are saying. I also believe that the original situation and complaint about that situation is not a common occurrence resulting in a complaint. But no doubt occurred. I am certain there have been many sales in that store the last year without issue. I can't say anything unusual occurred when I purchased a little ammo or other items, nothing raised any flags for me.

You sound very naive or just immature. With each post you're making things worst, I think it's time for a nap...

You sound very naive or just immature. With each post you're making things worst, I think it's time for a nap...

Whatever ... nothing I say is going to change your mind, my concern is for the people reading this, giving them the opportunity to check it out and decide for themselves. I'm not on the attack, just on the defense. Enzo, you haven't even been in the new store, yet you have an opinion of it. ..... oh well, ya got one thing right.. it is about time for bed..

I attacked? Please point out where I attacked mistah bizznizzman

I thought it was an excellent response, guess you have to own a business to understand. What I have noticed is it seems, no matter what she says, a few here have their minds made up. If it makes sense to some, it won't to you.. cause, as I said, your mind is made up. It's like the same few guys take this imaginary stand that Big Brother is behind getting your info.... for... something, just not sure what.. Holy smokes... Joe Blow just bought 100rds of 223.. go get him..

First it was Phil.... then it's the info caper, next it's the rude guy behind the counter... then it's the list that Kendall responded with.. WTF... if you don't want to go there or anyone else to... don't. Here's an American family that bought their dream gun shop, with very little knowledge yet doing everything to bring us the very best store and professional environment, and you guys want to put them out of business.... WTF is wrong with you guys.

It is hard to convince us this shop is doing everything right when they are clearly doing some major things wrong. Please explain what is wrong with pointing that out on a public forum. If we are wrong then people will ignore us. You seem more worried they will thing we are right. How that business is being run is the problem. Not us.

They are asking for an LTC to buy a book? Typical Massachusetts. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS SHOP.

they're only doing it to help you though. so when you lose the book and forgot who wrote it, they can tell you. [rolleyes]

On the surface we might be coming off as a mob with torches and pitchforks trying to run a newer business owner out of town when all they are trying to do is protect themselves from persecution from an overzealus AG like with the CL killer.

The proper response should have been: "We are aware that in this business people are EXTREMELY sensitive about record keeping but with today's political landscape we felt it best to err on the side of caution and record all transactions. Now with hindsight we feel just tracking ammo sales makes us appear compliant enough without alienating others who are buying other historically unregulated products. Our database is optional for anyone not buying ammo who wishes to be notified of future sales and recalls. We apologize for not recognizing this error sooner."

But what was served up instead is just an insult to your average intelligent gun owner.

On the surface we might be coming off as a mob with torches and pitchforks trying to run a newer business owner out of town when all they are trying to do is protect themselves from persecution from an overzealus AG like with the CL killer.

The proper response should have been: "We are aware that in this business people are EXTREMELY sensitive about record keeping but with today's political landscape we felt it best to err on the side of caution and record all transactions. Now with hindsight we feel just tracking ammo sales makes us appear compliant enough without alienating others who are buying other historically unregulated products. Our database is optional for anyone not buying ammo who wishes to be notified of future sales and recalls. We apologize for not recognizing this error sooner."

But what was served up instead is just an insult to your average intelligent gun owner.

Don't be goin' all common sense on us now. You talk like you be in bizznizz.

+1

Don't be goin' all common sense on us now. You talk like you be in bizznizz.

+1

If you both know that, then why go all ballistic.. for 10 pages.... there was no insult served up, just the insult you want to make out to be.

Buckhunter156 and I stopped in last week while I was looking for a cheap 870. The salesman went to him first and he asked if he had any and he was shown one at $650 new and something else used (I forget what). When they told me prices I said no and I was looking for cheap I was told I should buy whatever I can find because after the navy yard there's now a run on shotguns, and somehow he felt it was necessary to pull up an email on his phone to try and show us that there's an ammo backlog (who woulda thought). We both looked at ammo but with recording of it who needs that.

We ended up down at cabelas and guess what they had....

Maybe it isn't just a Phil problem. I have a rental down the street from these guys and it would be great to stop in to a good shop. At this point I'll continue with B&G (never a single bad incident) and getting ammo at cabelas, walmart, and the new shop in granby CT. G&G and Guns inc are just rough to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom