H2267 Update

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/186/ht02pdf/ht02267.pdf

I just spent 15 min on the phone with Rep Reinstein's office.

I am *almost* one of her constituents, as I live in revere, but in a ward she does not represent. I asked to speak with her as H2267 does not affect just her constituents but potentially all hunters in the state of MA. The bill was originally filed on behalf of a constituent who lives in the Point of Pines neighborhood of Revere.

As you can see from this link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...023,-70.968761&spn=0.018686,0.045447&t=h&z=15

there is a marsh across the waterway. Hunters often hunt pheasant in that marsh, and people across the waterway in PoP complained that their child was getting woken up at very early hours. As you can see from a quick google maps scan, 1000ft is nearly the width of the waterway already, and this bill woudldn't do much to affect the Point of Pines area.

Since this bill would negatively affect all hunters in MA, I asked to speak with her to clarify that this should be a locally handled issue. Perhaps by Revere city council(so it doesn't affect all hunters state wide) as opposed to a bill that affects all hunters, and would basically block people from hunting on anything other then LARGE tracts of land.

The representative's office person who I spoke with stated that she had a high rating with GOAL. After checking their site it is a "C".

The office person said she would be running this bill by House counsel to see how it would be interpreted and getting back to me next week about potentially scheduling a in person appt. She was interested when she heard it could be more then "just me" going for the appt. So I urge anyone interested to let me know so I can keep you in the loop. She represents the foollowing districts:
districts said:
DISTRICT REPRESENTED: Sixteenth Suffolk. - Consisting of precincts 3 and 10, of the town of Saugus, in the county of Essex; and precincts 2 and 4 of ward 3, precincts 2 and 3 of ward 4, of the city of Chelsea, and precinct 3 of ward 1, precinct 1 of ward 3, precincts 1, 2 and 3 of ward 4, precincts 1 and 2 of ward 5, and precincts 1, 2 and 3 of ward 6, of the city of Revere, both in the county of Suffolk.

Well a few weeks went by. I heard...*SURPRISE* nothing. Noone called me to make an appointment. So today I called back. Once again, I spoke with a woman(different woman) who told me that she was a constituent who was affected by these events. In the end I was able to make her agree that this was a potential city issue, and not an issue that should be changed at the statewide level. And I again asked her to make me an appointment. I'll wait a few days and call back again.

I am still looking for constituents of this representative.

DISTRICT REPRESENTED: Sixteenth Suffolk. - Consisting of precincts 3 and 10, of the town of Saugus, in the county of Essex; and precincts 2 and 4 of ward 3, precincts 2 and 3 of ward 4, of the city of Chelsea, and precinct 3 of ward 1, precinct 1 of ward 3, precincts 1, 2 and 3 of ward 4, precincts 1 and 2 of ward 5, and precincts 1, 2 and 3 of ward 6, of the city of Revere, both in the county of Suffolk.

I am SURE we have people here who live in those districts who can help make our voices heard!

Well it seems one hand isn't really paying attention to the other hand. Today, I got an email from someone in her dept(regarding an email I had sent at the beginning of this foray) about making an appointment. I'll be calling again this afternoon to try AGAIN.

Back
Top Bottom