Harvard, MA Appleseed Shoot 4/18-19, 2009

Get there BEFORE 8:30 so you have time to register and get your stuff to the line. Leave your rifle in your car until the range officers tell you to get it.

47 REGISTERED

woah.

[shocked][shocked][shocked]

Wonder why everybody wants to learn to shoot rifles and talk 1775 all of a sudden...

Unbelievably, we're in the lead for largest Appleseed shoot in the country (out of 50-something) that weekend.

Hopefully the mud will be gone... [thinking]

Last edited:
I have enough access for that, but it's search the past, by name, and very time consuming, and only includes those that have registered on-line.

The current update is 49 pre-registered. 45 shooters, 3 memberships, 1 donation.

Wow, that is a lot of people. How many people can the line at Harvard hold at one time?

We've got 3 Instructors currently slated, plus 2 Instructors-In-Training. Crak, Mr Twigg, JonJ and Ninsho, plus a mystery guest Instructor from outside the area.

We've got one more Instructor (Nickle) that may get moved from a nearby event (Hartford, CT), if need be.

Now, any NES folks that have attended 2 Appleseeds, and shot a Rifleman score, and are willing to step up to the plate and become an RWVA Instructor, contact me. We can start you at that event, and will even be able to run you through an Instructor Course sometime in the near future. Or, you can learn by working events, like Crak and I both did.

Also, for those that have the Rifleman score and just 1 Appleseed (or two Appleseeds and really close to the Rifleman score), and are interested, contact me, we'll see what we can work out for you to help.

For both cases, PM works, and if you're on the Project Appleseed forum, PM there is best.

I think I have another friend signing up, and my girlfriend might make it too. [smile]

If anyone has any leads on cheap used 10/22s in MA please let me know. [wink]

Loaner 10/22

Just looking to see if any one would be able to loan/ rent what ever works for ya a 10/22. I only got a cheap Henry at the time.

Thanks Mackey

I should have one as long as I get off my butt and order Tech sights for my wife's rifle.
I also have another 10/22 with a cheap scope on it but no sling swivels or extra mags. If someone can scare up a stock with swivels and 4 mags, they're welcome to that. I don't want to bugger up the stock on this one. I'll even offer my Bushmaster CPM AR-15. It's heavy so I wouldn't recommend it for a woman or youngster and you'll have to buy ammo.

Mack,

Contrary to what seems to be the thinking here, you don't need a 10/22! If you have a rifle, ANY RIFLE, bring it. The reason so many folks like the 10/22 is the ergonomics of it and that it can take a sling (unlike some tube-fed rifles). If your Henry is dependable, you can shoot it.

If it's a tubular magazine, bring a speedloader for it. They exist, and it'll be DARNED useful to you. If you can put a sling and peep sights on that Henry, do so. But it doesn't HAVE to be a Ruger. We recommend them because slings & good peep sights are easy to install on it. Aftermarket mags are easy to come by (heck, FACTORY mags are at any Dick's Sporting Goods!!), and because it's a .22, it's cheap to shoot.

But many folks like the CZ-452, or the Remington 597. Some folks use a .22 conversion kit on their AR-15. IT DOESN'T MATTER. We will teach you to shoot a rack-grade military surplus rifle to a 4 MOA standard... and if it's not a mil-surp, that's fine.

What we RECOMMEND is that your rifle have peep sights and a sling. This will make life easier for you when you shoot... but I have heard of folks shooting a Rifleman score with the crappy factory sights on a Ruger. I've seen guys shoot off-hand to darn near 4 MOA with no sling - it can be done. It's easier, though, with good sights and a sling! And, of course, we DO teach you how to take advantage of them.

Folks, it looks more and more like I'll be at Harvard that weekend.

I'll have 8 .22's with me, and all but 1 are available, but, know that Ninsho gets first dibs. They aren't rentals, they're loaners. Cost is free, just learn how to shoot.

5 of the available ones are 10/22 (4 Tech Sights, 1 scoped), 1 a Winchester 190 (scoped, tube fed semi-auto), the last a Remington 513-T target rifle. Every one og them has everything needed, other than eye/ear protection and a mat. Slings, mags, sight adjusting tools are all there.

I also have another 10/22 with a cheap scope on it but no sling swivels or extra mags. If someone can scare up a stock with swivels and 4 mags, they're welcome to that.

Stock with swivel studs, and a spare sling I've got, and will have with me.

Mags I don't have extra, just enough for 4 each for all 6 of mine.

I just put in an order for 6 extra 10/22 mags, 4 sets of studs, 6 swivels and 6 slings... just so I have extra at the shoots I'm instructing at.

I should have one as long as I get off my butt and order Tech sights for my wife's rifle.
I also have another 10/22 with a cheap scope on it but no sling swivels or extra mags. If someone can scare up a stock with swivels and 4 mags, they're welcome to that. I don't want to bugger up the stock on this one. I'll even offer my Bushmaster CPM AR-15. It's heavy so I wouldn't recommend it for a woman or youngster and you'll have to buy ammo.

If Nickle doesn't end up at Harvard (though that seems less and less likely) I can definitely dig up a stock with swivels and some mags.

Nickle

Could I loan one of your rifles if you do make it to Harvard. I'm going to do my best to get mine to a good point, but just in case. Would appreciate it.

Mackey

Shouldn't be a problem.

If you're a fairly decent sized guy, and like really good iron sights, I have just the ticket, if you're not afraid of a bolt gun (it's a .22).

If you want tuse your own 10/22, and don't have it all done up yet, get a scope on it, and I've got a stock you can borrow, with sling swivel studs already.

Back
Top Bottom