Harvard, MA Appleseed Shoot 4/18-19, 2009

A Rifleman persists...

Persistence.jpg

Yeah, he does.

Brother Ross got that patch at his THIRD Appleseed, shooting EXACTLY 210 (and thereby getting some North Bridge water dumped on him).

That was Harvard last year, and you should've heard the whooping and hollering, when word got out he shot Rifleman.

Of course, the Shoot Boss for that event couldn't let a good moment go to waste, and as he was getting that patch, the Shoot Boss also had an orange hat in his hand. That Shoot Boss was one devious bastard, for sure.
knuppel2.gif

The rest is history.

Folks,

I hope to sign up for the event for both days, as soon as I get my LTR parts....

I know I'm calling it close...got VQ bolt rel & hammer kit from midway shipping 2day..due 15th and Tech-sights ordered last friday...shipUSPS[rolleyes]

got posts & swivels installed...M1 garand sling (kinda long). lots of types of ammo and most importantly gonna bring a good attitude...looking forward to
participating this weekend. Thanks for everyones input and answered questions. hoep there's a few spots left...[wink]

regards, dave

Ross, I just checked Google maps.

Without getting down to the street, I'm actually just 2 miles closer than you are.

Of course, you got sent to Throop to get some more Shoot Boss time under your belt.

Dave, get signed up NOW, while there's still room left. If you need help installing the parts, I'm traveling down on Friday, staying in Chelmsford. I can help you install some of that stuff, if you need the help.

Unfortunately, I've had to cancel my wife and I attending the Harvard Appleseed. I was looking forward to it. Hopefully, I can attend another one soon. I have sent the email as directed above, and I will post on the loaner list to ask that we be taken off of it. Thanks.

Cabrio, there are only about 5 signups left before we sell out. If you want to sign up, now's the time.

Gary: If you sign a waiver you can spectate all day both days.

DJMc: Sorry to hear that. We'll definitely be having at least two more of these in MA over the summer and there are several close in NH before that.

got it....signing up now....thanks !

TRS-100 tech sights arrived USPS...install was easy...purple threadlock.
waiting on sched pm delivery from midway VQhammer & blot release and mag. ext.

looks like a go for the LTR...looking forward to the event !

dave

So far as I can tell, I've acquired / installed everything I need except for the actual damned sling. (10/22 LTR)

Any brick and mortar stores in the area carry an M1 type web sling for reasonable $?

I have a somewhat short 91/30 sling I can probably fit, but am hoping to find a better solution.

Nickle,

finished the LTR, 1/2 hour ago. Just need to sight it in...and practice a bit.

I picked up an M1-garand sling...seems a bit long tho.

is this sling appropriate...if not...if an extra one was available

for the $10 bucks...I would be interested. [wink]

Thanks for all your help along the way

dave

finished the LTR, 1/2 hour ago. Just need to sight it in...and practice a bit.

I picked up an M1-garand sling...seems a bit long tho.
You don't need to sight that rifle in... those aren't the AQTs you're looking for...
yoda.gif
Seriously, as long as you're within "minute of soda can" I wouldn't worry about sighting it in - that will be covered DURING the shoot as part of the instruction.

As for the sling... just adjust the buckles.

DJMc: Sorry to hear that. We'll definitely be having at least two more of these in MA over the summer and there are several close in NH before that.

Thanks. I was already checking the schedule and did not see them, but I will keep checking. I'm in Connecticut fairly close to NYC. So, the closest to me that are posted in the schedule are in NY (Van Etten, New Bremen or Eldbridge). Hopefully, I will get to one soon.

There will definitely be more in Hartford over the summer too. kDan should have it scheduled before he even leaves the 4/19 one if he's on top of his game. [smile]

Thanks. I was already checking the schedule and did not see them, but I will keep checking. I'm in Connecticut fairly close to NYC. So, the closest to me that are posted in the schedule are in NY (Van Etten, New Bremen or Eldbridge). Hopefully, I will get to one soon.

All of the Vermont Appleseeds would be closer than New Bremen for you. New Bremen is just southeast of Watertown. Bennington and Proctor aren't too far from US Route 7.

Saratoga is coming up 19/20 Sep, along with the events you mentioned.

Crak KNOWS kDan will have the next Hartford Appleseed in the bag by the time he leaves Sunday.

And, kDan is down your way, actually in NYC.

I'll be there on Sunday, taking a different class on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone - did you loctite your rear site this year Ross? [wink]

I'll be there on Sunday, taking a different class on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone - did you loctite your rear site this year Ross? [wink]

Must have... that reporter chick shot the bejesus out of it in October, and Jonathan & David shot it at Athol in February, and it didn't go anywhere.

But I won't be seeing you unless you're going to the shoot in Throop. (Damn, I'm gonna feel nekkid out there... NY doesn't have non-res carry permits unless your name is something like Stephen Tyler (read: unless you're a celebrity).

Must have... that reporter chick shot the bejesus out of it in October, and Jonathan & David shot it at Athol in February, and it didn't go anywhere.

But I won't be seeing you unless you're going to the shoot in Throop. (Damn, I'm gonna feel nekkid out there... NY doesn't have non-res carry permits unless your name is something like Stephen Tyler (read: unless you're a celebrity).

I need to read the thread faster.... [angry]

Turns out I'll be there for the whole weekend after all. No one at the place that's offering the class I was taking on Sat. let me know that it's been rescheduled for July...

Back
Top Bottom