Harvard, MA Appleseed Shoot 4/18-19, 2009

Sounds good - you're not going to try to put one of those orange hats on me again are you? [wink]

No, I'll let Crak and Fred try you THIS time. (And, if you believe THAT, I've got a bridge for sale, CHEAP.)

Warning, Fred is awful hard to say no to. He just makes you feel you're letting the country down if you don't step up and help. Funny thing is, he's right.

No, I'll let Crak and Fred try you THIS time. (And, if you believe THAT, I've got a bridge for sale, CHEAP.)

Warning, Fred is awful hard to say no to. He just makes you feel you're letting the country down if you don't step up and help. Funny thing is, he's right.

We'll see what happens. [wink]

What time are you guys going to start setting up? I'll come early to give you guys a hand.

Sounds good - you're not going to try to put one of those orange hats on me again are you? [wink]

Nick... you're a Rifleman. A Rifleman sees what needs to be done and does it - he shouldn't have to wait to be asked.

Appleseed isn't a "train the shooter" program; it's a "train the trainer" program. We cannot grow unless we have a constant influx of new Riflemen and new instructors. And if we do not grow, we cannot reach our goal of waking up ALL of our sleeping American fellow citizens to the danger that this country is in - the danger of complacency, of letting the government just go it's merry way without WE THE PEOPLE riding herd on it. Look at the mess that MA is in and tell me that we don't have a lot of work to do here!

I'm hoping when I see pix from this weekend, I see you with an orange hat on by the end of the weekend, Brother.

Nick... you're a Rifleman. A Rifleman sees what needs to be done and does it - he shouldn't have to wait to be asked.

Appleseed isn't a "train the shooter" program; it's a "train the trainer" program. We cannot grow unless we have a constant influx of new Riflemen and new instructors. And if we do not grow, we cannot reach our goal of waking up ALL of our sleeping American fellow citizens to the danger that this country is in - the danger of complacency, of letting the government just go it's merry way without WE THE PEOPLE riding herd on it. Look at the mess that MA is in and tell me that we don't have a lot of work to do here!

I'm hoping when I see pix from this weekend, I see you with an orange hat on by the end of the weekend, Brother.

It was all in good fun Brother, I understand the way things are. I'll plan on being there at 7:30 to help set up.

Just before I left work for the day, I got a call from Stewart Rhodes, of Oath Keepers fame.

He'll be by the Harvard Appleseed hopefully, on Sunday, before the Oath Keepers Rally.

See, he's got to swear somebody in as an Oath Keeper, an old geezer that's still serving, and wants to get it done (reaffirm his oath of 37 years, that is). The old geezer is going to try to get an even older geezer to do the same, though the older guy is now a Veteran.

Sooooo, if you're feeling bad you'll be missing a chance to swear in on April 19th, because you'll be at the Appleseed, make sure to thank Stewart for coming to you.

The geezer will appreciate it, too, if you swear in, or reaffirm your oath.

Jeez, this is the first time I've been able to get on all day.

I'll be setting up what I can on Friday and 7:30's a good time to get whatever doesn't get done tomorrow finished up.

This weekend's going to be epic.

And if you have a lock on your rifle, don't forget the KEY!

There's a reason why myself and alot of people I know have switched to combo locks [smile]

Yeah, and there's a reason I'm bringing a small screwdriver (for trigger locks) and a big bolt cutter (for cable locks) to the Throop shoot... *cough*MasterShinken*cough*

Yeah, and there's a reason I'm bringing a small screwdriver (for trigger locks) and a big bolt cutter (for cable locks) to the Throop shoot... *cough*MasterShinken*cough*

[smile] Having witnessed that event, I've taken the only reasonable precation: I've tossed my trigger and cable locks [wink]

Appleseed comment on WBCN this morning

Anybody else happen to hear the Harvard Appleseed mentioned on WBCN this morning? They had some guy called Dungeon Master something or other, who was listing some "geek" (their term, not mine) events occurring over the weekend. In addition to the D&D, LARPing, and other related events, they'd also mentioned the Harvard shoot. They didn't actually explain what it's all about or point anyone to the website, but did give the times, location, and "admission" prices.

So, don't be surprised if you have some folks show up off the street expecting to take part in a public shoot...

We're shooting to leave the house 5:30-6am which will put us there around 7:30.
Anything else I need to bring other than the stuff I've been studying for being an IIT?

I just had a thought that I should have considered previously: My 17-yr-old son does not have an FID. Is the Appleseed considered "training" sufficient to allow an unlicensed individual to shoot? If so, is having an unlicensed shooter on the line going to cause the instructors additional problems with regard to staffing levels?

I'm sorry that I didn't think of asking these questions sooner; I hope this won't cause any problems...

Where can I find the waiver form ? I'd like to print one and bring it filled out .

Thanks

PM inbound.

Is there still space for walk-ins?

I plus one other found out today that we can make it tomorrow.

Yes, come, we'll try to get you in. Be there early, about 7:45.

I just had a thought that I should have considered previously: My 17-yr-old son does not have an FID. Is the Appleseed considered "training" sufficient to allow an unlicensed individual to shoot? If so, is having an unlicensed shooter on the line going to cause the instructors additional problems with regard to staffing levels?

I'm sorry that I didn't think of asking these questions sooner; I hope this won't cause any problems...

It is definitely "training" in the context you need. No problem on staffing. We have 2 of our Master Instructors there, you can bet we'll have you in good hands.

Is there still space for walk-ins?

I plus one other found out today that we can make it tomorrow.

You can try. I think the event is sold out, but I believe if you show up early you might have a shot of there is space on the line or someone backs out.

*Guess Nickle beat me to it.

It isn't sold out, but it is damned close.

All a matter of walk-ons right now.

Something like 15 actual spots left. That's compensating for the 1 day shooters and memberships and donations.

TIGHT, so get there early, as I said, 7:45.

7:30 if you're willing to help build the firing lines.

Two biggest target lines got built. Three and Four will go up easy in the morning... materials already there. All lines need the cardboard stapled, and I think we have enough. Anybody who wants to help build at 7:30, bring boxcutters and staple guns to work with the cardboard. Don't have to bring a drill or sledge.

Fred says don't turn away any walk-ons, so we can throw them all on his range. [smile]

Last edited:
I have a request for two people worth of .22 ammo (probably 500 or so rounds for saturday, I can buy them more for sunday myself) if anyone can help fill, that'd be great.

Also, if anybody has some of those huge water jugs, that'd be a big help. I have enough for 10 gallons worth, but it's hard to have too much. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom