Harvard, MA Appleseed Shoot 4/18-19, 2009

Somewhere back in the thread, crak said that Pat would be there running the grill. If nothing's changed, prices are cheap and proceeds support the junior team.

Somewhere back in the thread, crak said that Pat would be there running the grill. If nothing's changed, prices are cheap and proceeds support the junior team.

They had a grille last year - and I seem to remember somebody doing a sub or pizza run. I won't be bringing anything - so I hope there is something available

Day One Done

I can most definitely say I've gotten my moneys worth already, and another day of instruction to go!

I thought there would be a higher round count by the end of the day, but a lot of time was well spent on covering positions and using the sling. Turns out the sling really IS good for more than carrying the rifle on your back.

I thought there would be a higher round count by the end of the day, but a lot of time was well spent on covering positions and using the sling. Turns out the sling really IS good for more than carrying the rifle on your back.

If it's like any previous New England Appleseed, your round count prayers will be more than answered tomorrow. The instruction phase today dragged for me at times because I've been through it before. I did pick up a few little things that I've missed. I'm hoping to pound out the Rifleman score on the anvil of the rapid fire AQT tomorrow.

^what was your score today.

I got 126. :\
Considering I've NEVER shot these targets, or these positions, I think I did aight. I'm basicly completely new to it, so scoring marksman is fine with me... For today. [devil2]
Tomorrow I'll prob make sharpshooter at least.

On an unrelated note; it was great to meet some of the people behind the names.

Man, I don't know crap about shooting...

I learned a LOT - and am very thankful for it. Nice to meet everyone. Was a privilege to meet Fred. He's damn right that the answer is changing the hearts and minds of the American People.

See you tomorrow!

I learned a LOT - and am very thankful for it. Nice to meet everyone. Was a privilege to meet Fred. He's damn right that the answer is changing the hearts and minds of the American People.

See you tomorrow!

That would make more than one of us. But what they taught today certainly did help! I'll see you all there tomorrow, too!

And a great many thanks to the organizers and Fred!

See you tomorrow!

Fred? as in "Fred's Guide to Becoming a Rifleman" Fred? [shocked]

If you guys think you learned from Fred today, I can best that.... my first Appleseed as an IIT (instructor in training) and most of it under it the direct tutelage of the great man himself. [shocked]

I'm hoping for more rapid fire aqt's myself, but I finally got a chance to check my notes and I'm finally seeing where the 8 and 2 thing is coming from.

If you guys think you learned from Fred today, I can best that.... my first Appleseed as an IIT (instructor in training) and most of it under it the direct tutelage of the great man himself. [shocked]
It's a privilege to have the founder choose to come to "our" Appleseed.

I'm hoping for more rapid fire aqt's myself, but I finally got a chance to check my notes and I'm finally seeing where the 8 and 2 thing is coming from.
Doh, does that mean we're doing it tomorrow [crying].

Thanks to all the volunteers for putting on such a fun and instructive day. I can't wait to get back out there tomorrow!

It was also really cool to finally meet a few more NESers. I apparently need to lurk a little less though so that they believe me when I tell them I'm an NESer too.

I cannot for the life of me keep everyone straight and am much more likely to remember your life story than your name anyway, so speak up if I caught you on camera! For those who missed out on the fun, these pics only show ONE of the lines. This is the line run by Crak and full of all sorts of EBRs.

Pics are here

Last edited:
...so speak up if I caught you on camera!
I'm on the right in the 1st pic sitting with the beard, grey shirt, and Kiver's awesome Molon Labe NES baseball hat. And in the middle of the 5th pic with the green ear protection.

Nice pics, Nicole. Thanks for posting them.

I thought I was only going there to learn something about how to shoot, but it's that history lesson that I think I'll remember most.

. . . I cannot for the life of me keep everyone straight and am much more likely to remember your life story than your name anyway, so speak up if I caught you on camera! . . .

Thanks, Nicole! I was so wrapped up in the event I forgot to take any pictures!

That's me in the back standing near someone's truck.

I was practicing my focus!

namedpipes.jpg

I cannot for the life of me keep everyone straight and am much more likely to remember your life story than your name anyway, so speak up if I caught you on camera!

I'm in the third pic putting on my glasses in the green hat. It was great meeting you Nicole. You were putting together some great groups!

I was really looking forward to today, but unfortunately got called into work and that's where I'm at now waiting for a vendor to show up. Sometimes I REALLY hate working in IT.

Have a great second day everyone!!!

I was really looking forward to today, but unfortunately got called into work and that's where I'm at now waiting for a vendor to show up. Sometimes I REALLY hate working in IT.

Oh man, that's a huge bummer! Yes, IT definitely sucks sometimes [sad2]

On the upside, it's better that it happened today instead of yesterday. You learned all of the fundamentals on day 1. Day 2 is all about applying what you've learned, which you can also do on your own. I have some AQT targets I can send out to you if you want to practice at your local 25yd range. I figure if you can score 220 at 25 yds, then you should have no problem doing 200+ at 25m. Then, sign yourself up for one of the Sunday sessions at Proctor, VT (next one is 5/17) and go qualify for your Rifleman patch.

Oh man, that's a huge bummer! Yes, IT definitely sucks sometimes [sad2]

On the upside, it's better that it happened today instead of yesterday. You learned all of the fundamentals on day 1. Day 2 is all about applying what you've learned, which you can also do on your own. I have some AQT targets I can send out to you if you want to practice at your local 25yd range. I figure if you can score 220 at 25 yds, then you should have no problem doing 200+ at 25m. Then, sign yourself up for one of the Sunday sessions at Proctor, VT (next one is 5/17) and go qualify for your Rifleman patch.

The one good thing is that I made the Rifleman score on the last AQT of the day on Saturday. I was very happy with that. Want to help out more so I volunteered to be an IIT. Looking forward to that as well. [smile]

Nice Pix Nicole,!

I'm most prominently in the first two pix, first behind the bucket, and second on the bucket.

Great time and learning experience for sure, missed making rifleman by 6 points day 2 and 10 points day 1, ah well, guess I'll have to go to another [grin]

Gotta get ready to watch the re-enactment in Lexington tomorrow @ 0530, yikes!

Back
Top Bottom