Harvard S.C January meeting

Your dog is amazing. That could very well be the largest dog I have ever seen. I know Newfies are huge too but I'm pretty sure this one looked bigger.

Would a CZ 527 (in 7.62x39) be OK for trying to qualify? I don't have much experience with this one yet, used it twice at 100 yards. 2" group approximately. My AR would be less accurate and I don't have anything else ready right now that would be appropriate.

You are welcome guys. I will be out there on either the class 3 range or the trap range when you are doing your walk through. But come on back after you are done and I will have some of my toys with me you are welcome to play with. PS: Wear boots on Sunday. It will be above freezing [banana] and as a result you will be sloshing through your safety briefing.

toga, i think you were sitting near the back, left corner of the room. if you were, i was the guy wearing the blue shirt with "give a dog a bone" on it [laugh]

i was talking to caillean and the guys at the back table near the kitchen.

ANYWAY: for the HSC NES'rs, any indication of tomorrow would be cool. i have the phone number to call, but just looking for a preliminary...

i plan on going and should be good.

You'll meet at the parking lot by the clubhouse about 10:00. Jeff will walk you around the club and stop at each range. At each range he'll tell you what you can shoot and what you can shoot at. Waterproof boots would be a good idea. When you're done, maybe an hour or so, you're welcome to stop by the machinegun range and try out whatever I bring. You can also bring your own rifles, shotguns or handguns and shoot them at the machinegun range.

You'll meet at the parking lot by the clubhouse about 10:00. Jeff will walk you around the club and stop at each range. At each range he'll tell you what you can shoot and what you can shoot at. Waterproof boots would be a good idea. When you're done, maybe an hour or so, you're welcome to stop by the machinegun range and try out whatever I bring. You can also bring your own rifles, shotguns or handguns and shoot them at the machinegun range.

Thanks for the info!

once again, it was nice seeing some of the NES / HSCer's who did NOT call beforehand today [laugh].

I snuck over today with mc2252 and we met a couple cool guy(s) on the 100 yard, class III and terraformer and his friend on the skeet range.

I can NOT wait until I get my cards in the mail. i'm going to dig out the old cold weather gear and hope to shoot next Saturday, as long as it isn't below 10.

great group of guys over there... hope to see some ya'll soon.

ps: i like the duck boots some of you guys had on too [rofl]

EDIT: for those who called and didn't show, we were given the safety brief / orentation by a friendly guy who will turn our names in as "complete". we then walked (drove) around to each range on our own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave Jeff a call asking him how to leave the club (the gates were down and I thought you need a key card to exit -_-)

I dont think he was particularly happy when we were given the safety briefing by someone else...but I hope our attendence sheets does get turned in properly and that we get our key cards shortly.

I gave Jeff a call asking him how to leave the club (the gates were down and I thought you need a key card to exit -_-)

I dont think he was particularly happy when we were given the safety briefing by someone else...but I hope our attendence sheets does get turned in properly and that we get our key cards shortly.

me too. although, IF our brief from today doesn't count, i'll gladly return next Sunday.

nice boots BTW. [smile]

I guess everybody was out at HSC today! Seems I missed most of you, but managed to say hello to Ricochet for a few minutes. Also was surprised to see EddieCoyle just pulling up to the gate as boltonguy and I were driving away. Didn't know he ever came to Harvard...

Awww, I called before hand, so didn't show up... looks like I missed out.

Ahh well, next sunday :)
(ps, do the cards get mailed out only after you finish the safty breifing?)

[laugh] I encountered the same problem when I went to leave... I had a moment of "uh oh" as I saw the closed gate, but then I got out and noticed the card reader was on the other side... logic prevailed, and I realized it'd be idiotic to require you to walk around a closed gate in order to get to the reader, meaning it must be pressure sensitive once the car got close enough.

If they can send the cards before next weekend, I'll be back then... otherwise I'll probably head over to Westford.

i speak only for myself, it was a great time today.

plus: it was YOUR tax dollars at work [rofl].

however, when mc2252 and I pulled up to the gate, we had a blonde moment as well. we then inch'd forward and it opened.

*on the way out... EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:
me too. although, IF our brief from today doesn't count, i'll gladly return next Sunday.

Is it cool for me to secretly hope that our class didn't count and that we **have** to go to the club again this coming weekend?

Seriously though, does anyone know how we'll know if the class "counted" or not?

hsc safety tour

Go to the harvard sportsmens club site. It lists all board members and committee members, with phone numbers and e-mail addresses. If you can't find the name of the person who gave the tour, any of the board members should be able to find out for you. You have to go back anyway. The piano is still standing.

Uh Ohhhhh......."the piano is still standing".....what are we going to do about this abomination which is situated right in front of the backstop of our machine gun range??????????
What to dooooooo. By a strange coincidence I'll be at HSC all three days this coming weekend.
What should I bring?????????

I sent Betsy an email this morning asking how things are being handled about the safety briefing. But of course, I will gladly return this sunday [smile]

Can we shoot slugs at the MG range?

Uh Ohhhhh......."the piano is still standing".....what are we going to do about this abomination which is situated right in front of the backstop of our machine gun range??????????
What to dooooooo. By a strange coincidence I'll be at HSC all three days this coming weekend.
What should I bring?????????

Ever see that poster with the Ferrari, Lamborgini and Porsche, labeled "Decisions, Decisions, Decisions"? I am sure you will find something. [smile] But if I was you, bigger calibers are more effective. The .223 I was hitting it with was going right through without so much as a poof of dust. The 7.62 was at least visually making a difference. Sub-guns would also be effective.

I sent Betsy an email this morning asking how things are being handled about the safety briefing. But of course, I will gladly return this sunday [smile]

Can we shoot slugs at the MG range?

Yes, you can. Many a gallon or half gallon milk jug has ascended into the big milk crate in the sky on that range. You don't even have to fill them until you get to the club. There is a hose (turned off for winter) at the club house. Make sure you bring caps for the jugs. You don't want pressure leaking out when the slug hits.

Ever see that poster with the Ferrari, Lamborgini and Porsche, labeled "Decisions, Decisions, Decisions"? I am sure you will find something. [smile] But if I was you, bigger calibers are more effective. The .223 I was hitting it with was going right through without so much as a poof of dust. The 7.62 was at least visually making a difference. Sub-guns would also be effective.

Yes, you can. Many a gallon or half gallon milk jug has ascended into the big milk crate in the sky on that range. You don't even have to fill them until you get to the club. There is a hose (turned off for winter) at the club house. Make sure you bring caps for the jugs. You don't want pressure leaking out when the slug hits.

Sounds awesome! If you see me showing up with a big belly, its probably because I drank a lot of milk before showing up with jugs...

Back
Top Bottom