Harvard S.C January meeting

Back to the piano for a moment, should we see what a Japanese Katana can do to it in addition to firearms?

I think a fruits and veggies day down on the range seems a more appropriate use of such a fine sword. But I am sure you can find a string or two still under tension in the piano.

A few summers ago, a few instructors and myself decided we would make a ninja salad. pretty much just take a bunch of fruit and throw them at eachother and would draw cut them out of the air. Lots of fun, especialy with the watermellon [smile]
How well a shinken would do against a piano.... probably not so well, bamboo it goes thru well, hardwood... not so well...

Thanksgiving day, my sister's cutlery was very dull so as fate would be, I just happened to have my Masahiro Katana in my truck. Ended up carving the bird with the Kat. Next thing you know, we are all out in the back yard and my brother tosses the carcass at me and I slice it in half, mid air, with the Katana. Then we do it again. Fun day fun time. Wonder if my Hanwai Golden Oriole would go through the Piano??????????????

OOoooo, it probably wouldn't break but you'd most likly make a good dent in the blade (or chip it pretty well). I took a practical plus to a table leg once, sliced it bout half way thru, put a good sized dent in the blade (took forever to sharpen that part again). I'd do it with the practical series or a masahiro any day (although if I remember correctly, masahiro only has one mekugi, so be careful not to snap it under the pressure. I dont think I could bear to watch a golden oriole go thru that. I think I would cry a little...

Sounds fair to me. OK, so I guess this is why I just received my Cold Steel DragonFly. Looks like we have a job for the DragonFly. Whatshisname just got the Hanwei Tori XL Katana. What a masterpiece!

hehe, I would say anything from cold steal could cut a cow in half length wise (even their pocket knives [wink]). A freind of mine has I think 5 masahiros, i'm sure he wouldn't mind risking breaking one for a good chance to go at a piano... To bad he teaches on sundays :/
I've been trying to get my hands on an orchid for a while now, I held one at a black belt trade show I worked a few years ago, Absolutely BEAUTIFUL . I can get a decent discount on them but still, damn expensive... plus, I have an AR to build [smile]

Got a response from Betsy this afternoon.

Not sure how they handled our stuff/ attendance but she said the key cards should be mailed out by the weekend (probably thursday). Lets hope it does! [wink]

Got a response from Betsy this afternoon.

Not sure how they handled our stuff/ attendance but she said the key cards should be mailed out by the weekend (probably thursday). Lets hope it does! [wink]

[party][dance]

thank goodness.

i'm gonna have a fast pulse when i check my mailbox!

boltonguy is kicking himself for being a straight arrow. Hopefully Jeff will give him a briefing this weekend. Then again I am sure Jeremy will get him in again if need be.

One other thing, way back at the beginning of this thread, I made mention of the upcoming elections. Well, I just wanted to remind you all of that again. And Chester, you have to be there to vote so no worries on you going away. There is always next year.

There is a great group of guys running the club now who have a great deal of respect for all forms of shooting sports out there and will fight to protect the freedoms we Harvard members enjoy today.

Here is the ticket:
  • Paul Innamorati - President (incumbent)
  • Dave White - VP (incumbent)
  • Peter Tierney - Secretary (first time running)
  • Jeff Bradbury - Treasurer (incumbent)
  • Rick Johnson - BOD (incumbent)

The Annual Meeting is Feb 19th @ 7:00 PM and comes with a free supper (dinner starts 5:30 PM). One must be at the meeting to vote.

Bad News for new members.
I kept bugging Betsy @ HSC for updates on the keycards and she told me that the accountant who has the paperwork didnt give her the names and addressess yesterday...so she cant mail our gate cards. I am not sure when we will get our gate cards as for now, but will keep you guys posted if I hear anything else.

Thanks!

Bad News for new members.
I kept bugging Betsy @ HSC for updates on the keycards and she told me that the accountant who has the paperwork didnt give her the names and addressess yesterday...so she cant mail our gate cards. I am not sure when we will get our gate cards as for now, but will keep you guys posted if I hear anything else.

Thanks!

Yeah, don't keep bugging the volunteer help. They are volunteers after all. It can take a few weeks if things don't line up, but the key is that Greg doing the walk through was sufficient for you all. Be patient (it took two and a half weeks for my card) and post here if you want to go and you can join one of us. I am not sure I can go this weekend, but there are a bunch of folks here who are members.

Yeah, don't keep bugging the volunteer help. They are volunteers after all. It can take a few weeks if things don't line up, but the key is that Greg doing the walk through was sufficient for you all. Be patient (it took two and a half weeks for my card) and post here if you want to go and you can join one of us. I am not sure I can go this weekend, but there are a bunch of folks here who are members.

Yup, so I just said thank you and keep me posted. ;)

Thanks for letting us know. I'm eager to get the key card, but I'll be happy to stop by WSC Saturday while I await the HSC card... I have a red dot sight for an AK that I gotta see if it will stay attached this time.

i really hope my key cards are in my mailbox by the time i get back on Thursday. i already told my pops we are going shooting on Saturday.

If your card doesn't show up in time, I'm there Sat. & Sun. mornings about 9and I can let you in. Any of the members will probably do the same for you. I saw a large group doing the safety tour yesterday with Jeff Barry. Did anyone have to do it over?

I was there yesturday (er, sunday...) but that's cause I didn't make the previous sunday (was told it wasn't being held). Hope the card comes in soon, cant wait to go at some of those steel targets over by the IPSC range :D

Hey all you new members and old alike. Come on down and help keep Harvard Weird... Oh wait, that is Austin. Never mind. Just come to this thursday's annual meeting and help support the folks who keep Harvard the best club in MA. Check out this thread (http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56503) and come on over to Harvard this thursday evening and help vote them in. These club officers have helped put in the class III range, they believe in personal responsibility, respect the black rifle, and give inordinate amount of their time to make this club a great place. Harvard is not the kind of place that looks down on any shooting sport and welcomes all responsible shooters. Coming down once a year to help support those donating so much of themselves is a small price to pay for a club like Harvard. I hope you all can make it. Oh, and BTW, there are no absentee ballots so even if you can't make dinner or stay long, swing by around 7:00 and pick up a ballot, fill it out and vote.
Hey, it is the one time in this state where most of your votes actually count. [smile]

got my gate card too. membership card will be mailed later and keycard as well.

[party]

Saturday morning. i'll be there as long as it's NOT below 10

I was thinking of going shooting this Saturday with the g/f around 10am. I havn't gotten my card yet but went thru the safty breifing, would anyone be around that could let us in?

I will be there at nine, leaving at ten. PM me to work out the details.

if all works out, i should be getting there between 10 and 10:30 with my dad. unless he wusses out. if he does, it will becloser to 9:30.

we will be at the 7/25/50 or the 100 yard ranges.

for those who don't what i look like, look for the woodland camouflage pants and boots. [laugh]

terraformer, i'll try to find you in the a.m if i'm early

Back
Top Bottom