Has anyone started fishing yet?

vik328

NES Member
Just wondering if anyone has started fishing this year. I got a nick backpack for fishing from my g.f for my b day and im dying to go fishing.

Most lakes and ponds are frozen ..

Any ocean fish out right now you can get off shore?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The pond I live on is still frozen solid, even had the snowmobiles on it this past weekend.

It did give me the opportunity to walk over to a fallen tree in the water and broke off some branches sticking up out of the water that made it a pain in the butt to cast around.

The pond I live on is still frozen solid, even had the snowmobiles on it this past weekend.

It did give me the opportunity to walk over to a fallen tree in the water and broke off some branches sticking up out of the water that made it a pain in the butt to cast around.

Good idea should hit my favorite spot and clear some brush!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Was out on Sunday. Went looking for water that was moving fast enough to be mostly clear of ice. The riverbanks are downright treacherous though...

Fitz

We still have about 12 inches of ice on most ponds in the worcester area, its around the shore lines that are getting thin and melting quicker.

I went to check on the lake yesterday. I have open water about 30ft from shore and around the dock. Tossed a couple lures but no bites. Another week or so and I might be able to get out there on the canoe. I cant wait for warm weather.

We still have about 12 inches of ice on most ponds in the worcester area, its around the shore lines that are getting thin and melting quicker.

My neighbor caught four nice rainbows ice fishing yesterday at Comet, with a foot of ice.

Fished on the ice till about two weeks ago. Still see guys out there but more power to them.......too sketchy for me. Now the wait.......for some water to get the canoe out on.......maybe I need ice breakers for my old town!

I was fishing at Nickerson not yesterday but the previous two Sundays with some friends and we were pulling in rainbows, browns and brooks. No ice in sight though. The Cape seems to melt it quicker.

Second herring brook is dammed up behind my house forming a pond. Beyond the dam it runs to the North river. Nothing big but in the spring all the usual suspects, bass pickerel perch and bluegils love to stretch my line.

After a long weekend of yard work and burning yard waste I decided I would wet a line and may be have a couple of beers while doing so. I caught my first two fish of the season, both pickerels and both about 14 inches. Nice way to end the weekend. IMG_1299.jpg

Saw the ice was out, water level back up, and a boat out on Indian Lake in Worcester. Not that there are any good fish in there, but it's a good gauge of conditions in the area.

Heading to Bass Pro later today to restock my baits and tackle. I'm probably gonna grab a new tackle "bag" too. I'm sick of lugging around the box I've got. This will probably get me exited enough to drop a few casts on the way home. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom