Have you been shooting?

I went shooting with dirtypacman (Max) and his sister on Saturday. We went to Haverhill hound rod and gun club. We shot Max's 10-22 and his AR-15 and then we shot his .38 and his other handgun, which I think was a .45. I don't go shooting often but I did ok. I liked the .38 because it was small and easy to handle. We were shooting for about 2 or 3 hours. It was a good time. Hopefully, I'll get to go shooting again sometime soon. [smile]

So, when did everyone go shooting last and what did you shoot?

Well, have a happy Sunday. [wink]

Yesterday Dench (Eric) did another 1.5 hour drive to go shooting on the range with me, we had another great 6 hours on the range firing 7.62x54R, 12GA, 7.62x39 and .223

Today I will be heading back to the range with JWilson (Jeff) to do some more shooting in the late afternoon. It's always great to shoot with family, and we both enjoy picking on each other. Good times!

The club is having a 3D archery shoot today, so later on all the targets will be picked up along the vast area of the club, and the woods in back of the impact area will be clear to have the rifle range open.

I went yesterday.

We did the live firing part of an NRA Basic Pistol Class I was teaching at my Club.

I helped several shooters fire their first shots ever with a handgun. We started with a variety of .22 revolvers and pistols. We then moved up to .38 and 9mm, and anybody that wanted to got to try some 357 Magnum, .45 ACP, and a few brave souls even shot the .460 Magnum.

One 21 year old woman who fired her first shot ever at 9:30 AM literally ran me out of .460 ammo at 1:00 in the afternoon. By the end, she was hitting a 16" square steel plate at 40 yards 4 out of 5 times with full-house .460 Magnums, laughing the whole time.

I went about 2 weeks ago to the little range in Westminister. I shot 150rds out of my J-frame (100 WWB and 50 DT +p) practicing drawing from the pocket, reloading with HKS speedloaders, double-taps, mosambique(sp), and rapid fire. My buddy came along and put 100rds of 124gr Nobil-Dynamit through my G24 with the 9mm ported conv. barrel. I need to start trying to get out to events like the bowling pin shoots to shoot up some of this 9mm I have.

Went to the range this morning with another member. We didn't shoot though. John was nice enough to sponser me for membership in a gun club I wanted to join.

Thanks very much John I appreciate it!

(How's that for a discreet post. I don't reveal much)

I shoot multiple times per week. I like to shoot single action revolvers, double action revolvers, 1911's, and rifles of all shapes and sizees. This morning I shot an old Marlin single shot .22lr that was recently handed down to me from my father. It was his first gun, and his grandfather gave it to him a long time ago when he was a kid. It was the first gun that I ever shot and prior to last week I hadn't seen the gun in about 15 years. It shot great, and was really fun to shoot it again.

I took two of my ladies for a short range visit:

M1886/93 French Lebel (8mm Lebel)

M1891 Argentine Mauser (7.65x53 Arg)

Both had a great time. I didn't think I was going to make it to the range this weekend, but a short window of opportunity opened up and I managed to jump through....

I wish I could say it was recent, but unfortunately it's been at least 3-4 weeks since I've been able to hit the range. I know, I know. I'm slacking it. I'm definitely going to try and make it this week even if it's just for half an hour.

Missed out this week . . .

ninja_rifle___t520.jpg

I try to hit the range at least once a week. Trying for either Monday or Tuesday and end up most weeks lucky to get to the range by Friday. This week I missed out altogether, never made it there even Friday, a couple items had to be taken care of that couldn’t be put off. That means next week I’ll get there at least twice to make up for missing out this week. [grin]

I usually shoot 38 – 357 – 9mm and 22 on the pistol range, will be heading to the rifle range perhaps later this month to get the .30-06 and Thomson Super 14, in 30-30 some action. A trip to the "Black-powder" range is in the future to tryout my new Ruger Old Army on some water jugs. Ahh, summer is sweet indeed.

Last edited:
I've been to the range once a week for the past 8 weeks for Bullseye practice. I've made the commitment to practice weekly.
My scores have greatly improved over the past 8 weeks from 194 to 270 this past week. I have found my game. [smile]

I haven't shot much in the last few years but:

I shot yesterday to sight in a S&W 1911 for the upcoming WOS shoot. It shot well but the after market front sight loosened up at the end.

I shot this morning, at a steel match in RI, with a unsighted in CZ-75B that I have replaced the aftermarket sights with the factory set. Not pretty, but it was fun and there were some good people.

I might shoot later today, with a S&W 952, to see how well I'll shoot that as it's been awhile.

Added: I did shoot the S&W 952 Sunday afternoon, God I forgot how beautiful that gun shoots.

If I'm lucky I might get out tomorrow evening for a low light practice shoot, I have no idea what I'll use there.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
Took Friday off; was at the range first thing (8am). Brought the P22, M&P9c, and the SW1911. So now I've depleted my supply of 9mm and .45 ACP...

and have a nifty scar from a .22 casing that got lodged between my glasses and my face.

the more I shoot it now, the more I Don't like the M&P, and LOVE the 1911.

I'm currently on a every other weekend....to once a month.... it's just no fun shooting by yourself and I don't have time to get down to a range... as soon as I build a range on my property people will be coming to visit it daily :)

I wish I could say it was recent, but unfortunately it's been at least 3-4 weeks since I've been able to hit the range. I know, I know. I'm slacking it. I'm definitely going to try and make it this week even if it's just for half an hour.

you think your slacking..i haven't been able to get to the range in almost a yr now..[crying]
just seems like i don't ever have time anymore..

maybe when i put in for vaca..

doobie,if yah need any help with your range and if i'm available...

At least weekly...since my "expletive" finger on my right hand is non-functioning at the moment - I shot left handed with both a wheel gun and a semi-auto - everything grouped nicely. [grin]

Went to the 25/50/100 yard range on Friday, Saturday, and today for a few hours each day. Shot my .22 Remington semiauto, and .22 JC Higgins Boltaction as well as the Mosin M44.

Also picked up two .22 bulk packs from walmart....the guy at the register forgot to charge me for the second one!

Back
Top Bottom