HD.4420 State House and Boston Common Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good point. I forgot this when making my description.

If the event is happening at the bandstand, that's on the Commons proper. The Commons are a prohibited place due to regulations (@Len-2A Training or @JGreen?) I can't recall at the moment. A person taking a maximally conservative approach would not carry a firearm if they intend to join the group in that place.
True, but that is a joke. Nobody cares unless you do something stupid. I don't think that I've been on Boston Commons unarmed more than a handful of times since the 1970s.

That said, I read that GOAL will want folks to go over to the state house after the rally and likely ask you to visit your rep/sen office (at least that is what we did back in 1999). So being armed with any guns/knives aren't going to make it thru the security at the state house anyway.

Boston park regulations, section 2 (m):
Section 2​
No person shall, in any public park (including any boundary road thereof), or other public place (including any parkway) under the control of the Parks and Recreation Commission, except under the auspices of public authority: (m) have in any such park or place, except a boundary road or parkway on which there are dwellings, any firearm or destructive weapon;​

Section 10

“…whoever violates any other provision of these rules shall be punished by a fine or not more than fifty dollars for each offense. ”

Some people are scared to protest now. Others are scared of trying to navigate the Boston transportation system. I don’t blame them for either.

This is going to require a bit of hand holding and I hope someone comes out with transportation recommendations and a list of “Do’s and Don’ts” if attending…
This is a joke right? Scared of the public transportation system? Wow. No wonder rights are so easy to take away.

They know hard times are coming. Really hard times. Bad enough to cause even the typical suburban professional family man to march on Washington with a firearm, even with the Jan 6 outcome fresh in his mind, and take back America from the federal crime syndicate that hijacked the US govt.

So they are scrambling to disarm Americans. And to teach them to obey (mask mandates, climate crisis measures, etc).

At the same time, they are arming every government agency to the teeth.

When the revolution comes, they are hoping we show up with sticks and they counter with a first wave of AR15-toting postal workers.

This is a joke right? Scared of the public transportation system? Wow. No wonder rights are so easy to take away.
Thanks for making my point. When you regularly use the T it’s easy to forget that the average rural old-timer may be intimidated by the process.

But carry on. You’re doing great.

Thanks for making my point. When you regularly use the T it’s easy to forget that the average rural old-timer may be intimidated by the process.

But carry on. You’re doing great.
I’m pretty intimidated by the T also. It was never a part of my life and I have no idea where it goes, what color to take, how to pay, whatever.

Get a burner phone too. You’re going to be tracked.
How ever unlikely, that was my first thought after reading the article
Have you seen the HD res photos of other rallies that have been taken from the balcony of the State House? Incredible. I wish I had saved the file link. It is posted somewhere here on NES.

This was the 2011 Stanley Cup crowd as an example. Have fun:

This was after 'Sandy Hook' and before the Marathon Bombing and JAN6 publicized how detailed this technology was. It created somewhat of a buzz in Beantown. Lots more at the artlcle link:

Massachusetts Pioneers Rules For Police Use Of Facial Recognition Tech​

May 7, 20216:00 AM ET
By Emma Peaslee

Before the legislation, police could run a state-wide facial recognition search simply by emailing a photograph to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV). Law enforcement typically requested searches for suspects for misdemeanor and felony level offenses like fraud, burglary, larceny, identity theft and sexual assault.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts discovered this when the organization filed hundreds of public records requests in an attempt to get a better understanding of how law enforcement was using facial recognition technology. The organization's executive director, Carol Rose, says the records showed police had been using the RMV for searches with little oversight. Rose says that information should be tracked and disclosed to defense counsel when it's used in criminal investigations.

"That's really important because so often this technology is resulting in false positives, and particularly against people of color, because face surveillance technology has a very hard time recognizing black and brown faces."

Police must now have a court order before they can compare images to the database of photos and names held by the RMV, the FBI, or Massachusetts State Police.

"It prevents the use of it by the police when it's not relevant to an investigation, which is an important but fairly low standard. That means [law enforcement] can't track someone in their personal life for personal reasons, like an ex-spouse, and so it prevents the most bald-faced types of potential misuse," said Rose.

Last edited:
Section 10

“…whoever violates any other provision of these rules shall be punished by a fine or not more than fifty dollars for each offense. ”
True, but that is a joke. Nobody cares unless you do something stupid. I don't think that I've been on Boston Commons unarmed more than a handful of times since the 1970s.

YMMV. Sure, it's a BS rule and the fine is trivial. But, if you're in a red city with a police department looking for any excuse, what judge will overrule a chief who denied you for a firearm offense, no matter how small ?

G.O.A.L. is taking a major risk holding a rally. The last thing we need to have happen is anemic attendance or, worse yet, bad behavior. If it's going to change minds, or at least make them feel there'e a risk to re-election if they pass garbage, attendance needs to be in the thousands, not dozens. Get the word out,

Show up!

Be professionally dressed. Be polite. If you see the #$%^&tards mentioned above with Rebel Flags etc.tell them they're hurting the cause, because they are.

If your'e scared of the T, find a friend to go with you. Leave the weapons at home. The timing in, and out avoids rush hour. It won't be that bad.

If you're afraid of being seen, wear a covid mask. It's not a terrible idea anyway given the current variant etc. and, if you don't choose masks that scare them, make you look like 'responsible' people.

If you don't want to use a burner phone and own a tablet, use that but, seriously, they already know who you are, there's no need to bother with the burner phone.

Bottom line, if you make the argument that you're capable enough to handle deadly weapons on the daily, you can handle this. If you're of the "I will not comply" school or think you're prepped for SHTF, and you can't handle showing up to a rally and making sure its peaceful calm and professional, you're a poser.

The only excuse beyond physical disability for not showing up is a job preventing it but consider this: If you have a 'non-permissive' job and you show up to this and the job takes action against you for exercising your constitutional right to petition your government, there's a lawyer somewhere who'd love the chance to make them fund your really retirement.

Be there. Be cool.

YMMV. Sure, it's a BS rule and the fine is trivial. But, if you're in a red city with a police department looking for any excuse, what judge will overrule a chief who denied you for a firearm offense, no matter how small ?
Live in fear of a $50 fine if you wish, but I've personally been told by numerous police chiefs/other LEOs that judges refuse to hear CIVIL fine cases. This was long before Covid and now they are still working thru a 3 year backlog of real criminal and civil lawsuit cases, so they have no time for trivial BS.

G.O.A.L. is taking a major risk holding a rally. The last thing we need to have happen is anemic attendance or, worse yet, bad behavior. If it's going to change minds, or at least make them feel there'e a risk to re-election if they pass garbage, attendance needs to be in the thousands, not dozens. Get the word out,

Show up!

Be professionally dressed. Be polite. If you see the #$%^&tards mentioned above with Rebel Flags etc.tell them they're hurting the cause, because they are.

If your'e scared of the T, find a friend to go with you. Leave the weapons at home. The timing in, and out avoids rush hour. It won't be that bad.

If you're afraid of being seen, wear a covid mask. It's not a terrible idea anyway given the current variant etc. and, if you don't choose masks that scare them, make you look like 'responsible' people.

If you don't want to use a burner phone and own a tablet, use that but, seriously, they already know who you are, there's no need to bother with the burner phone.

Bottom line, if you make the argument that you're capable enough to handle deadly weapons on the daily, you can handle this. If you're of the "I will not comply" school or think you're prepped for SHTF, and you can't handle showing up to a rally and making sure its peaceful calm and professional, you're a poser.

The only excuse beyond physical disability for not showing up is a job preventing it but consider this: If you have a 'non-permissive' job and you show up to this and the job takes action against you for exercising your constitutional right to petition your government, there's a lawyer somewhere who'd love the chance to make them fund your really retirement.

Be there. Be cool.
There's nothing about "will not comply" that presupposes a refusal or inability to "peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

There's nothing about "will not comply" that presupposes a refusal or inability to "peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Of course! My point was, I see a lot of the 'will not comply' folks also seeming to be in the 'will not show up' camp. If you're gonna say you're a tough guy won't comply, then, if you're legit, you can certainly be tough enough to show up to peaceably assemble, and petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It is for us. Lobbying, petitions, protests, etc will do nothing but waste a weekend.

The only fight that matters will take place in a federal court. When that happens I will donate what I can to the cause.
Most of us don't want to wait until it's the law of the land, and then hope for years that, after some poor slob gets jammed up, the MA courts and First Circuit will rule in our favor - and when that doesn't happen, then maybe a decade from now, that the Supreme Court might take our case. And then rule in favor of civil rights.

Most of us realize that the time to stop a sh!t law is before it becomes sh!t law.

Enjoy your "wasted" time sitting home, I guess.

Anyone who is intimidated by the T I'll happily meet at South Station if you are coming from the South or West (just DM me).
It's actually quite walk-able from there...up Summer St (walk away from the water) into DTX ...Summer St becomes Winter St and the Common/State House is a couple hundred yards from there (10-15 min end-to-end at a leisurely pace).

G.O.A.L.'s YouTube channel has 2.97k subscribers.

Honestly, high production value, compelling content it ain't but FFS, let's fix that number.

There are more than half a million gun owners in MA. If that useless #$%^& the 'Armed Scholar' can have 546k subscribers we should be able to get a 100k for G.O.A.L.

G.O.A.L.'s YouTube channel has 2.97k subscribers.

Honestly, high production value, compelling content it ain't but FFS, let's fix that number.

There are more than half a million gun owners in MA. If that useless #$%^& the 'Armed Scholar' can have 546k subscribers we should be able to get a 100k for G.O.A.L.
Not the only reason, but GOAL links to it on other platforms. If you have those links, and are members of other platforms that they use, you don't have to join yet another platform and will still receive what you need.

Most of us don't want to wait until it's the law of the land, and then hope for years that, after some poor slob gets jammed up, the MA courts and First Circuit will rule in our favor - and when that doesn't happen, then maybe a decade from now, that the Supreme Court might take our case. And then rule in favor of civil rights.

Most of us realize that the time to stop a sh!t law is before it becomes sh!t law.

Enjoy your "wasted" time sitting home, I guess.
Look at it this way:

You are an elected rep in the statehouse. How many anti gun constituents would have to visit your office or protest out front for you to say “ok, maybe they have a point. Let’s ban all semi autos to save children.”

Guns are a wedge issue between the parties and neither side cares what the other thinks as their minds are already made up. If I had to sit through 1,000 visitors a day trying to convince me guns are bad, it would just prevent me from getting anything done. Nothing is going to change my mind.

The ONLY way this shit is going to stop is when it gets spanked down by a federal judge enough times that they finally get the point. Even then, they will still play games to suck off their voter base.

I’m not a fan of the “dress nice, be polite, say please” approach to this. It doesn’t matter either way, so why the F are you playing nice? Bring nooses, carry nasty signs and giant dildos with Maura’s name on them. At least have fun and make them angry. Make some of the counter protesters cry and have histrionics to at least make it worth the time.

Be William Wallace at the pre battle parley. Pick a fight.

Look at it this way:

You are an elected rep in the statehouse. How many anti gun constituents would have to visit your office or protest out front for you to say “ok, maybe they have a point. Let’s ban all semi autos to save children.”

Guns are a wedge issue between the parties and neither side cares what the other thinks as their minds are already made up. If I had to sit through 1,000 visitors a day trying to convince me guns are bad, it would just prevent me from getting anything done. Nothing is going to change my mind.

The ONLY way this shit is going to stop is when it gets spanked down by a federal judge enough times that they finally get the point. Even then, they will still play games to suck off their voter base.

I’m not a fan of the “dress nice, be polite, say please” approach to this. It doesn’t matter either way, so why the F are you playing nice? Bring nooses, carry nasty signs and giant dildos with Maura’s name on them. At least have fun and make them angry. Make some of the counter protesters cry and have histrionics to at least make it worth the time.

Be William Wallace at the pre battle parley. Pick a fight.
But you're intimidated by the T? I promise, the T is way less scary than a paddy wagon.

The approach you advocate just galvanizes them against you. It takes somebody who might have listened to you and makes them have no respect for you at all. Some of those somebodies sit on juries and some wear robes. All of them have cell phone cameras.

And, acting like that will also alienate people on your side and make them waste precious time they could be taking meaningful political action in favor of 2A rights needing to distance themselves from you first to get any kind of seat at the table.

MBTA has a trip planner: Trip Planner | MBTA

If you are coming from Metrowest, you can take the Green Line (D Branch) from Riverside to Boylston or Park St station, drops you right on the common. $6 to park at Riverside and $5 or something for the roundtrip.

Or take the commuter rail (Framingham/Worcester Line) to South Station and walk to the common from there. It's just more pricey for the ticket.

Both options do not require any transfers to get to the common.

But you're intimidated by the T? I promise, the T is way less scary than a paddy wagon.

The approach you advocate just galvanizes them against you. It takes somebody who might have listened to you and makes them have no respect for you at all. Some of those somebodies sit on juries and some wear robes. All of them have cell phone cameras.

And, acting like that will also alienate people on your side and make them waste precious time they could be taking meaningful political action in favor of 2A rights needing to distance themselves from you first to get any kind of seat at the table.
The fight for hearts and minds has already been lost. Like I said, the only way this swings in our favor is in court. The recent SC rulings should be able to counter this retardation but that will take time and money.

I’m beyond angry with our government and all I want to do is piss on them, not politely as for them to stop taking my god given rights away.

If a few dozen of us dressed up in drag and held signs that read “gun rights are trans rights.” I believe that would be more effective. Honestly. The media wouldn’t cover it, but it’s fighting fire with fire.

If a few dozen of us dressed up in drag and held signs that read “gun rights are trans rights.” I believe that would be more effective. Honestly. The media wouldn’t cover it, but it’s fighting fire with fire."

Know what would be even better? Finding some trans folks, managing to get along with them long enough to get them to like the hobbies and see why they need to take some responsibility for their own safety and join us in advocating for our rights.

Know what would be even better? Finding some trans folks, managing to get along with them long enough to get them to like the hobbies and see why they need to take some responsibility for their own safety and join us in advocating for our rights.
Funny story. No need to save them from their ignorance. They already exist. Some post here.

It's not unlikely some will be at the event in September. And it probably will help our cause, because "self defense is a human right."

Funny story. No need to save them from their ignorance. They already exist. Some post here.

It's not unlikely some will be at the event in September. And it probably will help our cause, because "self defense is a human right."
I wasn't saying it was LGBTQ+ folks who needed saving from their ignorance and I think you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom