Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Baker issue a blanket pardon to anyone ever charged in the future under this new interpretation? I've never paid much attention to how that process worked because I'm generally law abiding and I learned in history class that ex post facto laws were generally forbidden in the US.

How many felonies do you want to be charged with?

if it is an AR-15, and it exists, it is an assault weapon, and possessing it is a felony....

ipso facto

adding to the list of features doesn't make it MORE of an "assault weapon"
there isn't a spectrum of assaultiness.... if this shit sticks and they are determined to be illegal, WTF difference does a FH or adjustable stock make?

if it is an AR-15, and it exists, it is an assault weapon, and possessing it is a felony....

ipso facto

adding to the list of features doesn't make it MORE of an "assault weapon"
there isn't a spectrum of assaultiness.... if this shit sticks and they are determined to be illegal, WTF difference does a FH or adjustable stock make?

Summary: http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html

Under the Commonwealth’s statutory definition, the following are “Assault weapons”:

1. Weapons on the list enumerated in G.L. c. 140, § 121, such as the Colt AR-15 (“Enumerated Weapons”);
  2. “Copies” or “Duplicates” of the Enumerated Weapons (“Copies or Duplicates”); and
  3. Weapons with certain features as identified in former 18 U.S.C. § 921(a) (30) (“Features Test”).

Application of this Enforcement Notice (individual gun owners):

The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016

The training wheels are coming off my AR's.

Last edited:
http://lpmass.org/entry/libertarians-stand-against-maura-healey-s-rogue-assault-on-our-rights

Pretty interesting article from the libertarian party of Mass against Healey. I like the part where they compare her to Kim Davis in Kentucky not issuing marriage license because of a "moral obligation" just like Maura Healey....

...and the majority of MA gun owners (the ones left) will still vote to re-elect Charlie Baker because a vote for a 3rd party is a vote for <insert whatever Democrat is running.>

...and the majority of MA gun owners (the ones left) will still vote to re-elect Charlie Baker because a vote for a 3rd party is a vote for <insert whatever Democrat is running.>

ya but honestly i dont know that it would be much worse to have <insert whatever Democrat is running.> instead of Baker at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Might honestly be the one time i enjoy voting Democrat.

http://lpmass.org/entry/libertarians-stand-against-maura-healey-s-rogue-assault-on-our-rights

Pretty interesting article from the libertarian party of Mass against Healey. I like the part where they compare her to Kim Davis in Kentucky not issuing marriage license because of a "moral obligation" just like Maura Healey....

I like to say it would be like a conservative AG deciding that abortion is murder (and always has been) and sending out letters to all medical facilities in his state saying such, but adding that he dosnt see any need to prosecute past murders for their crimes right now, but he may want to later... and then sit back and watch libs try to tell you how that's different. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Glad we have a house in Maine to move things to after the boating accident.

Why the boating accident? You moved them out of state because in state possession was illegal.

Exactly.

If I lived in southern NH and had the wherewithal I'd open up a firearms storage facility for Ma. residents tout f***ing suite, $10 per firearm per month and I imagine it would fill up fast(I'd like to reserve the first two slots please paid in advance for a year). Hell, I could store a few rifles for well over a decade and it would still be cheaper than replacing them once I escape this shithole.

people, we did this to ourselves. i'd bet my life this is the response from that tv news piece that aired not too long ago that had a mass dealer telling the wcvb news crew the only difference between this killy assault rifle and the massachusetts compliant killy assault rife is a non-collapsible stock, a muzzle device instead if a flash suppressor and the absence of a bayonet lug. i believe it was mentioned also that besides those features the rifles are identical. i watched that when it aired with my head in my hands. well, this is the result. healey's phone lines must have lit up like the national christ...err...holiday tree. the coincidence is just too much too ignore. some of you might remember there was a lot of chatter on the boards here about it being prudent to talk to the press at all cause nothing good could ever come out of it.

people, we did this to ourselves. i'd bet my life this is the response from that tv news piece that aired not too long ago that had a mass dealer telling the wcvb news crew the only difference between this killy assault rifle and the massachusetts compliant killy assault rife is a non-collapsible stock, a muzzle device instead if a flash suppressor and the absence of a bayonet lug. i believe it was mentioned also that besides those features the rifles are identical. i watched that when it aired with my head in my hands. well, this is the result. healey's phone lines must have lit up like the national christ...err...holiday tree. the coincidence is just too much too ignore. some of you might remember there was a lot of chatter on the boards here about it being prudent to talk to the press at all cause nothing good could ever come out of it.

Steven Hathaway, President of MFS.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/assault-weapons-are-banned-in-mass-but-there-is-a-catch/40077060

I'd take that bet. I think you give the general public and the AG's office far to much credit. If you ask me, this is a direct result of what Healy cares about most. The LGBTMNLOP alphabet people. Some crazy Muzzie with serious identity issues walked into a gay bar and shot every person he could. Well she sure as shit can't go after radical Islam, they hide behind the veil of freedom of religion and are treated like a protected class, just like the gay community, so she is going after the tool he used. Had he used a suicide vest it would not have give her the excuse she needed to go after the rifles.

And this is just the first step. If this is allowed to stand, in ten years the only firearms allowed in Mass will be revolvers, lever and bolt action rifles, and they will make them harder to acquire than a NYC carry permit. In 20 years you will only be allowed break barrel shotguns. I can hear it now...." why does anyone need a scoped rifle that can shoot a deer from a half mile away?"

There is no reasoning with these people. They refuse to listen to common sense and logic. If a radical criminal built a 10 foot high fence to block out the gay bar next door without a permit, they would try to ban the nail gun he used because " no one should be able to build an illegal fence that fast"

well, just stop and remember her press conference yesterday, she just mimicked all the facts mentioned on the news in that piece. i don't doubt orlando was the proverbial straw, but that wcvb news spot was most likely the catalyst.

This is what you continue to get when you vote "lesser of two evils". Charlie F'n Baker, just evil in a different suit

well, just stop and remember her press conference yesterday, she just mimicked all the facts mentioned on the news in that piece. i don't doubt orlando was the proverbial straw, but that wcvb news spot was most likely the catalyst.

You might be right, but the facts presented in that news piece were predetermined. I am sure they talked to MFS for a long time until they got him to say on camera what they wanted to hear. Then they edited the 90 minute conversation into a 45 second piece that fit their exact liberal agenda. Pretty easy to do. " This is not an illegal assault weapon" becomes "This is an illegal assault weapon" in the editing room. I know that is not the exact wording, but is essentially what they did.
But you are right. The media are not our friends

Charlie F'n Baker, just evil in a different suit
he's hardly evil, he just doesn't react to the issues. basically there's a benign mass sitting on top of a human body behind our governors desk. i'm pretty sure he's actively looking for work.

You are going to blame a gun shop for simply explaining what we all knew for 22 years, information that has been widely joked about, explained, discussed on the public forum and countless others for two centuries, information that could be easily seen and verified simply by looking at a manufactures website.... You're going to blame this one a tv interview that simply stated the obvious and stated the fact of the law?

No, this isn't MFS fault or anyone else. We followed the law and so did they. This is the fault of tyrants that seek power and control.

If your going to cower from them and hope "they might not notice" then go back and hide your head in your hands

........I am sure they talked to MFS for a long time until they got him to say on camera what they wanted to hear. Then they edited the 90 minute conversation into a 45 second piece that fit their exact liberal agenda.......
oh, for sure! wcvb's gm/president, bill fine, is noted for his anti gun stance and editorials stating that fact.

You are going to blame a gun shop for simply explaining what we all knew for 22 years, information that has been widely joked about, explained, discussed on the public forum and countless others for two centuries, information that could be easily seen and verified simply by looking at a manufactures website.... You're going to blame this one a tv interview that simply stated the obvious and stated the fact of the law?
ahhh...unless you are into guns and frequent gun forums, well then yes, the average housewife or average anyone for that matter has no knowledge of this stuff and honestly, really doesn't care. unless of course it's presented to them in black and white on prime time.

I like to say it would be like a conservative AG deciding that abortion is murder (and always has been) and sending out letters to all medical facilities in his state saying such, but adding that he dosnt see any need to prosecute past murders for their crimes right now, but he may want to later... and then sit back and watch libs try to tell you how that's different. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hah, I would love to see this happen. The AG could just say he/she is applying the Healey Doctrine.

Healy &quot;closing the loophole&quot; letter to gun dealers

I've been thinking. While we're all unified and ready to protest on Saturday we might as well go after a full repeal of the AWB. Maura said it herself, that all the features are cosmetic and don't affect the rifle. That petition going around could do us some good if Baker sees how many people will make sure they don't vote for him next election.

I was thinking a lot about this today. I have never served in the military but I take display of the flag very seriously. What is the common thinking about displaying the flag upside in situations like this? I don't want to be disrespectful of the flag so I left it flying normal today, but i went back and forth about this for hours. Also there was talk about bearing arms at the protest on Saturday and it was mostly shunned. What about just having slung lowers on our backs as we protest? If we leave the uppers at home and just have the receivers on single point slings that should be a powerful symbol without being threatening? Just a thought. I am really interested to hear what everyone's take on the distress flag is though.

Because it shouldn't be symbolic. It should be cocked and locked god damn rifles and 5,000 people dragging the politicians out of the state house by their hair, tar and feathering them, and replacing them with suitable people. THATS what the 2A is for.

Summary: http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html

Under the Commonwealth’s statutory definition, the following are “Assault weapons”:

1. Weapons on the list enumerated in G.L. c. 140, § 121, such as the Colt AR-15 (“Enumerated Weapons”);
  2. “Copies” or “Duplicates” of the Enumerated Weapons (“Copies or Duplicates”); and
  3. Weapons with certain features as identified in former 18 U.S.C. § 921(a) (30) (“Features Test”).

Application of this Enforcement Notice (individual gun owners):

The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016

The training wheels are coming off my AR's.

+1

It wasn't the f-ing news spot, they've know about the differences since 1994. This is simply about incremental banning/confiscation, it's been an on going process since liberals were liberals. They chucked it out now because of public opinion on guns after the recent shootings and the media pounding guns incessantly. Wake up...

I've been thinking. While we're all unified and ready to protest on Saturday we might as well go after a full repeal of the AWB. Maura said it herself, that all the features are cosmetic and don't affect the rifle. That petition going around could do us some good if Baker sees how many people will make sure they don't vote for him next election.

I talked to Rep Shaunna O'Connell's aide yesterday and specifically asked that Ch 140 Sec 131M should simply be repealed and then there would be nothing to be misinterpreted.

ya but honestly i dont know that it would be much worse to have <insert whatever Democrat is running.> instead of Baker at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Might honestly be the one time i enjoy voting Democrat.

At this point I would vote for a democrat over him. At least they stab me while I look at them in the eye. Baker stabs all of us in the back... Transgender bill, refuses to light up Zakim blue for the police but he will light it purple for prince, and now this... Forget him

I talked to Rep Shaunna O'Connell's aide yesterday and specifically asked that Ch 140 Sec 131M should simply be repealed and then there would be nothing to be misinterpreted.

Thanks, n1oty.

I think we should clean house and go for the gusto. The FBI crime stats even mention that MA has had no rifle-involved murders - what does that say? This is the time to go for legislation repeal unless there is good reason to keep it as is and only demand a bread crumb versus the entire pie.

We're the good guys and we've followed a bs law to the "T", paying shops to make our rifles compliant, removing stocks, etc for a law that even the top enforcer says is useless?!? Let's call to get rid of the damn AWB completely.

[video]https://youtu.be/dsx2vdn7gpY[/video]

Sorry, I had to lighten things up a little bit.

More accurately:

[video]https://youtu.be/Z0h2Wk6-C_I[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom