Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because in that old file footage I was explaining how mass law defined certain semi-automatic rifles...

Old or not you got the same treatment trump gets from the media, one snippet of "this is an assault rifle" which IMO was dumb on your part. Hope you learned your lesson on inviting the media into your shop because I don't think it did anything but hurt your image. Your definitely not the "enemy" or possibly not even a part of this edict but still, that was dumb.

My god. Steve isn't the f-ing problem here... This is asinine.

This. Tyrants gonna tyrant regardless of who makes what video.

I see nothing that rises to the level of a shop screwing us over for financial gain (see: online ammo sales). I expect to be paying a transfer fee to MFS soon as part of a group buy. I'm happy to give them the money. Maybe I'll look to pick up a few more things while I'm there. The more gun shops in this state the better. The AG and her moral busybody statist a-hole friends are doing enough to shut down as many shops as possible. I have no desire to help them.

This ruined your friendship?

Mike

No, that happened long ago.

Is this even productive now?

Only to the point that we should learn NOT to feed our enemies with ammo to use against us. Steve seems to have a problem with that and has resorted to insulting those that disagree with him.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” Santayana was the first to write this (in The Life of Reason, 1905)

Old or not you got the same treatment trump gets from the media, one snippet of "this is an assault rifle" which IMO was dumb on your part. Hope you learned your lesson on inviting the media into your shop because I don't think it did anything but hurt your image. Your definitely not the "enemy" or possibly not even a part of this edict but still, that was dumb.

Spot on! See above comment.

Steve,

You are not going to win the "media war" no matter what you do. The enemy controls the media and the message.

"Cut and splice" ensures that what they want goes over the air, not what you tell them.

MA still is oppressively unconstitutional and proud of it.

Playing "show and tell" as to why the AWB is dumb due to features is the dumbest thing you could do, feeding into the enemy's hands.

If you merely addressed the fact that so-called AWs haven't been used in crime in MA in any statistically significant way, that the issues are better intel on terrorists, actually locking violent criminals up instead of "catch and release", etc. you may or may not have made points but wouldn't have handed the enemy a video that they can use for years to come selectively to take away whatever rights we still have.

Your act was dumb, just like when the RAT was interviewed many times and ran his mouth . . . the results didn't help us.

It's obvious to me that you'll continue inviting the media into your shop/range and just as obvious that they will continue to use you to push their "ban all guns agenda".

The Enemy Within!!! [frown]

This sums it up perfectly.

Even though your intentions were informative in nature, you became the poster boy to spin the AG's agenda.

We need to remember the definition of a smart husband- thinks twice ... then says nothing.

I find it funny the amount of people bashing MFS, who has done waaaayyy more than pretty much all of its detractors to shore up the 2A inside Massachusetts. I worked there from 2012-2014, during the height of the panic. We filled so many BFS seats that we were putting I'd estimate over 100 people, sometimes many more, through the four hour course in one day alone. Hell, I've probably sold some of you guns as well. Even if only 2/3's of those students got their LTC's, it's still infinitely more than zero.

Because your an idiot? [wink]

We run up to 9 BFS classes on a Saturday.

After sandy hook I believe we were running up to 12 classes on a Saturday.

Funny, that's the type of reply I expected.

This sums it up perfectly.

Even though your intentions were informative in nature, you became the poster boy to spin the AG's agenda.

We need to remember the definition of a smart husband- thinks twice ... then says nothing.

Again I disagree... I think this type of stuff is what contributed to more legislation NOT getting passed in 2014 and beyond. The ridiculousness of the AWB was made apparent.

There is nothing normal about what the AG has done, it is outside the bounds of how the system works.

Mike

Whether the MFS video had anything to do with the AG's edict is irrelevant now. If it was, we cannot undo the damage, so it's water under the bridge. As I stated in a previous post in this thread, there isn't anything in that video that hasn't been said on this forum a hundred times on more. Both sides have had their say on the matter, so let's agree to end it!

What is important is how we are going to band together and deal with this matter moving forward.

0054bundlesticks.jpg

Funny, that's the type of reply I expected.

It's the truth. On Saturday's right after Sandy Hook we did 3-4 classes from 8:30-12:30, 3-4 more from 1-5 and usually a class or two 6-10pm on Saturdays which was unfrickin heard of. Most classes had at least 20-25 people in them per class. Do the math.

I worked six 10+ hour days back then. Absolute crazy time.

I've been on the receiving end of media asshattery myself (Non Firearm related ) and it's a miserable feeling when you try and be a stand up guy and be honest and truthful and then the shitstain who smiled at you and seemed so polite and nice while talking to you goes in dry with a dirty completely fictional hit job.

What stings the most that you know after the fact, the a-hole was planning on sticking it to you the entire time but seemed so sincere at the moment.
That's what they do.
There is no integrity, no honesty and no morality.
The story was written long before they talked to you.

The lesson here is simply don't talk to them , Ever.
If your ever in a position you have to, make sure your recording it as well.
That way when the hatchet job comes out , you have the unedited version.

It's the truth. On Saturday's right after Sandy Hook we did 3-4 classes from 8:30-12:30, 3-4 more from 1-5 and usually a class or two 6-10pm on Saturdays which was unfrickin heard of. Most classes had at least 20-25 people in them per class. Do the math.

I worked six 10+ hour days back then. Absolute crazy time.

After Sandyhook was a difficult time. We worked very hard to keep the quality of our class instruction high. I would not want to see a repeat of those days. I appreciate all the new gun owners that were created but it was a crazy time.

... and it's a miserable feeling when you try and be a stand up guy and be honest and truthful and then the shitstain who smiled at you and seemed so polite and nice while talking to you goes in dry with a dirty completely fictional hit job.

[video=youtube_share;D6waRMm6rJU]http://youtu.beD6waRMm6rJU[/video]

Last edited:
. . . This whole time I thought you guys were making things up with wild imagination and conjecture. . . . Steve
You think people in this thread are busting your chops without basis? Your arrogance astounds me.

It's been in multiple media outlets and was shocking, frankly, that anyone (you, unfortunately) could have been so cavalier in front of cameras. How could anyone have missed seeing, reading, and/or hearing it (becasue, yes, it has been in multiple forms of media).

Healey and her minions are sitting around a monitor laughing their asses off reading this.

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone.

Yeah, it's not like MFS is one of the largest training/retail organizations in the state.

Way to go, NESers. No True Scotsman indeed.

The MFS video that was shown on tv.
Was exactly what the media wanted.

The video shows a business owner showing how two firearms were the same "Assault Weapon".
The media was there for you to prove a point and you fell right in it for a chance to get more publicity for your shop and firearm classes.

Instead you should have politely denied their request.

You of all people should have known better and of what an assault weapon is.
It's a made up anti-gun term used to describe any firearm they want out of law abiding people's hands!

Self loading, detachable box, magazine fed firearm is how they were described when they first came out.
Then to sell more firearms they came out with the semi-automatic term.
Now the media uses the term Assault Weapon to get the uneducated to strip the ownership rights from the people.

A firearm is not a weapon unless used as such.

Trying to be all knowing in front of the media is what got you in the situation your in now!

Last edited:
I've been on the receiving end of media asshattery myself (Non Firearm related ) and it's a miserable feeling when you try and be a stand up guy and be honest and truthful and then the shitstain who smiled at you and seemed so polite and nice while talking to you goes in dry with a dirty completely fictional hit job.

What stings the most that you know after the fact, the a-hole was planning on sticking it to you the entire time but seemed so sincere at the moment.
That's what they do.
There is no integrity, no honesty and no morality.
The story was written long before they talked to you.

The lesson here is simply don't talk to them , Ever.
If your ever in a position you have to, make sure your recording it as well.
That way when the hatchet job comes out , you have the unedited version.

This!

Quite obviously MFS wasn't trying to **** us over. MFS was trying to show how stupid the whole AWB was and is. But you are absolutely CORRECT that the media is not your friend in these matters.

Friends went down this weekend for a licensing class. They had fun.

I'm still sore at MFS because they wouldn't sell me a Ruger LC9s, because they said it was illegal in MA. Which is wrong. They didn't have one to rent before I bought it elsewhere. That was irritating. Had a client with me that day who went on to take a bunch of classes there.

Anyway, it's a great place for new people to go to learn about guns. Wish their ventilation system was better, but with that volume, maybe there isn't anything better.

Finally, leave MFS alone. I do think the video/interview was a stupid ass thing to do. But then, I've done stupid ass things too, so, I shall not throw the first stone. They are still on our side.

Saul Alinsky is Smiling in his grave.

The Liberals are VERY good at "divide and conquer".

I was on the front line watching this same thing play out when they shut down all the off-road trails in this state over the last 20 years.
Dirtbikers hated the ATV'ers, vis a vi, they all hated the Jeeps, in they end now there are no trails left for any motorized recreation.
Pales in comparison to this constitutional right I clearly understand, but it hurts just as much when you are very passionate about something.

MFS clearly had their heart in the right place. It's not their fault the media twisted things up on them, but they do own some culpability for their presentation. There's a reason things like GOAL's #HealeyHurtsFamilies and so on come from groups of people who spend their time carefully crafting the "party line." It has to be thus, when public opinion is against us.

I have patronized MFS and would have to objection to doing so again in future. I know they're on our side. That said, I do wish they would own that culpability, instead of doubling down on what turned out to be a mistake on their part.

mfs did not cause this. the AG knew very well that neutered ar's were being sold. lets get this thread back on track and direct it at the real enemy. jmho.

disclaimer: i have only been to mfs once, shot a nice rental ruger sr1911. too far for me to go on a regular basis, and i don't like indoor shooting

mfs did not cause this. the AG knew very well that neutered ar's were being sold. lets get this thread back on track and direct it at the real enemy. jmho.

disclaimer: i have only been to mfs once, shot a nice rental ruger sr1911. too far for me to go on a regular basis, and i don't like indoor shooting

Some people around here now want us to believe that our government leaders are telling the truth.
"I had no idea these guns were being sold until a ah video..."

These anti's are the same people who think that anti gun sign on the Mass Pike is a advertisement to buy an AK-47. Or that anyone in MA can buy a machine gun at the local gun show. They didn't learn anything from that video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom