HideYourGuns.com -- thoughts?

Came across this today on the WorldNetDaily.com site...book about gun caching along with the audiobook version, PDF version plus 3 bonuses (another audiobook, DVD, ebook) for $60 (includes s/h).

Good deal or are there other (better) sources out there?

I'm still waiting for the secret location/handshake for NES green members to meet up when SHTF.... H1N1 vaccines are being replenished quickly, expect the zombies soon!

If the time ever comes when we should hide our guns, then time has also come to use them.

+ 1000000

I don't know, doesn't ever seem like a ridiculous idea to cache useful things for a "rainy day".

If you ever need to cache your weapons it means there's active confiscation going on, which means you need to use them or give them to someone who will. When our ability to resist tyranny is taken away there's no option BUT revolt...or enslavement. Pick your poison, they both suck.

If you ever need to cache your weapons it means there's active confiscation going on

Perhaps you're quicker on the philosophical draw than I am, but I'm not at all convinced that my timing will be exactly right and I'll be able to keep my food, guns, shelter, medical supplies, etc if a SHTF scenario suddenly comes upon me. I'd rather prepare now for what I might not see coming tomorrow. Toward that end, guns are far from the only thing I'd be caching. But that's just me.

If the time ever comes when we should hide our guns, then time has also come to use them.

I think this is more suited for break ins. If the police ever ran a full out confiscation, they will have powder sniffing dogs. Regardless of where they're hidden, the dogs would be able to find them instantly, whether behind walls, under floors, etc

I think this is more suited for break ins. If the police ever ran a full out confiscation, they will have powder sniffing dogs. Regardless of where they're hidden, the dogs would be able to find them instantly, whether behind walls, under floors, etc
"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition"...

I'm hiding my stash here... [laugh]
Old_North_Bridge.jpg

I think most users of this board have more guns than can be used at any given time.

And this is why you should make sure your better half knows how to reload while your shooting, or she had better damn well know how to shoot the extras you have, nothing wrong with use and toss, military does it all the time.[smile]

They would run out of dogs long before patriots ran out of guns.

Large diameter piece of PVC pipe, 2 caps, shovel, backyard.

When caching stuff this way, make sure you realize that the warming and cooling of anything burried in the ground can still create condensation on the items sealed in the tube.

Ground in this area can freeze to a depth of four feet in the Northeast.

Add a dessicant, or better yet, don't do it!

Why would anyone live like a slave when they have perfectly good guns in the ground? Oh, that's right: Cowardice.
Not true...

The tradeoff between pragmatism and principle once you have family, children and substantial assets is an extremely complex one...

You might be able to maintain those things indefinitely within the current system, however broken it may be on principle...

Revolution is not kind to the revolutionaries even if they win... Read up on the founders...

Not true...

The tradeoff between pragmatism and principle once you have family, children and substantial assets is an extremely complex one...

You might be able to maintain those things indefinitely within the current system, however broken it may be on principle...

Revolution is not kind to the revolutionaries even if they win... Read up on the founders...

I'd say that your freedom is proof that the founders made the right decision. No one is saying that it isn't without risk of the ultimate sacrafice. But it is worth it. They knew this. All of the men who have given their lives for yours knew this. I'd hope that you would do so for your family, and children. And what substantial assets are more important than that? Any other asset doesn't even belong in the same sentence.

And, I'm not talking about maintaining those things within the current system. I'm talking about a tyrannical government stripping your right to defend your own live. Why else would you have to bury them? That is the matter at hand. That is not the current system. What I am addressing is a police state and a disarmament Nazi style. And when that happens, you really don't want to be burying them. The 2A isn't worth jack if you bury the tools that it protects. I'm not talking about burying them to prevent theft or just incase one day you need a reserve stash.

Maintaining slavery after disarmament? Go for it. It aint for me. I'll die free.

Read up on the founders? Check........Your turn; Read up on Cambodia....

Last edited:

OK, you give them up. I'm with Jack Daniels on this.

Read up on the founders? Check........Your turn; Read up on Cambodia....
I am not saying there isn't a point when you can no longer expect your family and possessions to remain safe - quite the opposite...

Just calling out keyboard warriors who yell "it's time" yet I don't hear any gun fire... [wink]

There are a lot of gun owners who would rather sit behind their PC's and wait for someone to signal them to start shooting (at which point, I expect 99% of them to piss their pants instead) than they would get their hands dirty in the political process...

You won't find me turning in my guns, but neither will you find me doing nothing about the politics while I talk trash on the internet... I'm doing everything I can to try and turn the political tide... (and looking for ways to do more...)

That status quo is unacceptable - no argument there... Fix it!

Cowardice is waiting for someone else to tell you its time while you do nothing to try to change the makeup of our elected bodies...

Last edited:
If the police ever ran a full out confiscation, they will have powder sniffing dogs. Regardless of where they're hidden, the dogs would be able to find them instantly, whether behind walls, under floors, etc

Hidden behind walls and floors? Hell, there will be one in each hand. They're not going to need powder sniffing dogs. But, I'll try not to hit fido.

Back
Top Bottom