HideYourGuns.com -- thoughts?

I am not saying there isn't a point when you can no longer expect your family and possessions to remain safe - quite the opposite...

Just calling out keyboard warriors who yell "it's time" yet I don't hear any gun fire... [wink]

There are a lot of gun owners who would rather sit behind their PC's and wait for someone to signal them to start shooting (at which point, I expect 99% of them to piss their pants instead) than they would get their hands dirty in the political process...

You won't find me turning in my guns, but neither will you find me doing nothing about the politics while I talk trash on the internet... I'm doing everything I can to try and turn the political tide... (and looking for ways to do more...)

That status quo is unacceptable - no argument there... Fix it!

Cowardice is waiting for someone else to tell you its time while you do nothing to try to change the makeup of our elected bodies...

Agreed. Most of us (I hope) are doing what we can within the confines of the system. Which I believe is a good system. The system has only begun to fail because of those who have corrupted it for their own motives. I'm not talking about starting a fight for what is happening now. I'm only throwing out there that if you look at disarmament as a historical study, you can pretty much see where it ends up, and it isn't good. But we don't have that now, so we aren't suggesting anyone take up arms.

We're not talking about a revolution now. I'm only using a hypothetical where the constitution has been destroyed, our government has been overrun by thugs who have destroyed the system, and are disarming the people for whatever harshness is to come. At that point, America would be at war with domestic enemies that many of us had sworn to defend against. And at that point, burying guns isn't going to get you anywhere. I bet a lot of the colonists would have turned them in. That wasn't by and large the most favorable war to start out with. But I'm awful glad they didn't turn them in or bury them.

Hidden behind walls and floors? Hell, there will be one in each hand. They're not going to need powder sniffing dogs. But, I'll try not to hit fido.
Well, that's pretty pointless gesture on your part... So, now you go down in a hail of bullets and guess what? Nothing changes...

You get labeled a nut, the press moves on, the police state justifies its existence sheep with stories of escalating violence...

There's long continuum of actions each and everyone one of us should be taking well prior to your last stand.

I say this, not out of cowardice for facing the government, but out of understanding that no one wants what will come if you wait until they kick down your door to do something about this...

Agreed. Most of us (I hope) are doing what we can within the confines of the system. Which I believe is a good system. The system has only begun to fail because of those who have corrupted it for their own motives.
Most of us are NOT doing what we can...

Too many are resigned to corrupt government - "MA will never change."

Our system isn't failing because of evil people in office, our system is failing because the electorate keeps choosing these evil people over and over again despite full knowledge of their evil...

There's no dishonor in falling back to a rally point to regroup and rearm. Seems prudent to store some supplies at that rally point just in case.

Not true...
The tradeoff between pragmatism and principle once you have family, children and substantial assets is an extremely complex one...

mel_gibson_the_patriot_flag.jpg

Well, that's pretty pointless gesture on your part... So, now you go down in a hail of bullets and guess what? Nothing changes...

Again, this isn't the present situation. I'm throwing out the situation of forced disarmament and police state and tyranny like Nazi Germany. Which obviously isn't what we have here in America. So I will respond in regards to that:

You can't change a situation that you are forced into. If you were alive in Nazi Germany, and the SS came to your door to disarm you, to rape you, steal from you, murder you, drag you away to the gas chamber, whatever, you've got to fight back. It doesn't matter if nothing changes. Nothing is going to change if you don't fight back either. It started with disarmament. Can we dream up a better game plan that fighting on the spot with the odds totally against you? Sure. But if you're on the spot, you're on the spot. what can you do? If they're there, they're going to disarm you and you're not going to even have the chance to fight when they come to drag you and your family away to the Death chambers.

And bury whatever you want. They know you've got it, and if it ever were to be that tyrants were to force you to disarm, you can swear up and down that you sold 'em and lost the FA-10 forms, but they're not going to buy it. Thugs that disarm the innocent do not believe in the same standards of justice, and have already demonstrated that they do not believe in being innocent until proven guilty. So there is a good chance that you will be thrown in prison or murdered, in my opinion, if you cannot produce your papers, sir.

What else are you really going to do? You know, we're all under this illusion that if we make it through whatever trouble we have in the present, unscathed, then everything is going to be okay. But guess what, you're still gonna die. You're not getting out of this life alive. So give up when they come, and get in line, and you'll end up living like the cambodians did, as slaves. And you get to spin around the sun on this rock for a few more years, then drop dead like the rest of us. Then, if there is a heaven, everyone can compare notes. It doesn't matter. But we know that not fighting back doesn't end well.

You get labeled a nut, the press moves on, the police state justifies its existence sheep with stories of escalating violence...

Not interested in what you get labeled. You own guns? The media has already labeled you a nut. So what?

There's long continuum of actions each and everyone one of us should be taking well prior to your last stand.

Correct. And alot of these actions that we should be taking should revolve around ensuring that it never comes to a last stand, by working within the system to ensure freedom and justice. But All I am suggesting is that if it comes down to tyrannical and forced disarmament at gun point, destruction of the Bill of Rights, etc. That is a sign that there is nothing that you can do within the system to make life liveable. You're a slave now. Shackle up.

Last edited:
Well technically I can only shoot 2 at a time because i only have 2 hands.

Ok, I'm going to let you in on one of my secrets, but keep it quiet-

Monkeys, my man... trained monkeys.

See, we gotta make a new life where they'll never find us. You know where? Underground. You should see it down there, hundreds of miles of drains, sweet and clean now after the rain, dark, quiet, safe. We can build houses and everything, start again from scratch. We'll build shops and hospitals and barracks, right under their noses, right under their feet. Everything we need: banks, prisons and schools. We'll send scouting parties to collect books and stuff, and then men like you will teach the kids. Not poems and rubbish; science, so we can get everything working! We'll build villages and towns, and... and we'll play each other at cricket!

I think most users of this board have more guns than can be used at any given time.
Right... you just buy two of each gun. One to cache, one to use...

I'm hiding my stash here... [laugh]
Old_North_Bridge.jpg

An appropriate place, fraught with historical significance... and a National Park, where you're disarmed by fiat. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom