Highpower clinics

Oh absolutely, my score isn't a huge priority and I understand what a large undertaking it must be to compile all of the scores for the amount of shooters at the clinic.

I had a great time, learned a lot, and would definitely love to attend a few of the matches, just curious as to what kind of hits I was getting.

Thanks again George (and everyone else that contributed either coaching on the firing line, helping out in the pits and everything else behind the scenes) all the hard work is greatly appreciated to help get new shooters into the sport.

I did want to go, as did a buddy of mine who is *hopefully* gonna start shooting XTC this year (pending use of his banged up and easily dislocate-able shoulder).

Reading doesnt have a clinic scheduled this year as far as i know. there has been talk of it, but i'm not in a position to comment on if/when/how/why they would run a clinic. i know they've run them in the past, and have typically had pretty good turnout. as with anything, the biggest obstacle is finding enough volunteers to run such a clinic. we do have a number of VERY good shooters, no doubt....but Rod has been the guy to beat! he shot the canadian fullbore match this past sunday, and cleaned the whole course! the wind was SHIFTY too...miss a call, and i put a bunch of 7's out either side. it was flat out impressive to watch. we're still talking about is 996 last year!

highpower is a sport (like conventional bullseye) where participation dwindled for a long time. interest does seem to be peaking a bit recently though. one of my juniors in my smallbore program is shooting this year with Reading's juniors, and so far, aside from loving it, he's actually doing very well. i think the monetary investment scares a lot of people away. it's easy to drop a couple of thousand dollars in gear. me? i borrowed a scope almost my whole first year, and my only real investments were a rifle, a shooting coat, a good trigger, and lots of ammo. the next winter? my bank account took a beating (i was addicted at that point!).

George,

The only clinics that we run are generally for juniors. Currently there is discussion about one later this year, the entire thing needs to be worked out but is on the drawing board. When it is completed I will post the requirements and application so that if there are interested juniors they will have all the info.

Congrats on a job well done. Wish I were able to have helped.

Duane

Looks like Steve H was able to finish up the task of putting all the score cards into a match results sheet.
It is posted at http://www.nfga.org/cmp/pdfs/CMPClinicShootReport043011.pdf

If he's off a point or three or some x's I apologize for him because I know how difficult it can be deciphering peoples handwriting in an effort to get fast / accuratte match results out. These scores do not count towards any classification or anything else important so it's all for bragging rights anyway.. lol :)

I don't think I have been contacted from anyone here that took the clinic about joining NFGA or participating in future matches so the offer stands for anyone that needs help with anything to contact me for any assistance I may be able to provide.

Cheers!
George

Looks like Steve H was able to finish up the task of putting all the score cards into a match results sheet.
It is posted at http://www.nfga.org/cmp/pdfs/CMPClinicShootReport043011.pdf

If he's off a point or three or some x's I apologize for him because I know how difficult it can be deciphering peoples handwriting in an effort to get fast / accuratte match results out. These scores do not count towards any classification or anything else important so it's all for bragging rights anyway.. lol :)

I don't think I have been contacted from anyone here that took the clinic about joining NFGA or participating in future matches so the offer stands for anyone that needs help with anything to contact me for any assistance I may be able to provide.

Cheers!
George

I would like to publicly thank George for his patient emails and advice.

I missed the clinic offered up at Nashua and he has been very patient and has offered great advice/assistance on getting going.

I will be attending this Sundays match ( only watching this time ) this Sun, look forward to meeting anyone who's going

Dan

Cheers!
George

I have been in contact with Steve and will be in attendance this Sunday to shoot the match.

Back
Top Bottom