• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hogue Hand-All Grip on Glock?

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Can anyone tell me if the Hand-All Grip on a Glock reduces felt recoil?

My Wife still is complaining (post hand surgeries for carpal tunnel) that the recoil of her G17 (Gen 2) is bothering here. She wonders how come she liked it when she first bought it (pre-surgery).

So is this a potential real solution or is it too thin to be effective this way.

Additional info: I was surprised but she shot her S&W 64 (4" .38SP with factory rubber grips) and said it was much more pleasurable to shoot. That's what got me thinking that perhaps the hard plastic (Glock) vs. soft rubber (S&W or Hogue Hand-All) might be what makes a difference for her.

?

LenS,

It certainly made a huge difference on my 1st-gen G17 as far as comfort and control, but I don't think it soaked up any more actual recoil. How about some light 9mm reloads just for her? I made some for my wife, and she's a lot happier shooting those. I'm happy to share the recipe if you like.

Hope this helps!

I don't think they make any difference at all in the recoil, but IMO they do help with grip in general especially with sweaty hands. As a matter a fact this weekend was the first time I shot my .357 mag and my G23 together and the .357 mag with hot loads is more of a pleasure to shoot then my G23.

I have one that has been sitting around for 2 years, yours if you want it. Send me a PM or email with your address and I will send it out this weekend when I return from vacation.

LenS,

It certainly made a huge difference on my 1st-gen G17 as far as comfort and control, but I don't think it soaked up any more actual recoil. How about some light 9mm reloads just for her? I made some for my wife, and she's a lot happier shooting those. I'm happy to share the recipe if you like.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info and offer. Sure shoot me an Email off my link here with the "recipe". I'll try down-loading once I get the reloader setup to go.

Patio, many thanks. Received it today.

Anyone have any tips on installing these things on a Glock? Thanks again.

Last edited:
I did get it on, lots of pulling and pushing. I figure there must be some "secret" method. But I got it on.

RGS, that is part of the plan. Going to order the reduced recoil spring assy within the next week.

Thanks to all!

Back
Top Bottom