Holbrook Mass, Gun Show November 19th+20th 2011

30rds ARs were 20-25. 40 is nuts. GFA still has them at 30 which is good.

I saw a few 30rnd mags for $15 in the trap house... if I didn't already have so many I probably would have bought em.

There were some O.K. deals on ammo, I picked up 200 rnds of remington brass cased .223 or $70.

I also ended up picking up a Winchester 30-30 lever action... to bad I wasn't looking for a rifle when I went in?

I was also looking @ a couple lever actions, but I left them all there. I liked the Tim Bradley demo, but I think he should have had a mic. Nice weather & the staff does a good job.

We had a good time, ran into more than a few familiar faces. We found a long bayonet for Adam's M1 Garand - fair price and worth it for the chance to inspect it in person and not having to pay shipping. We put an order in with the wood carving guy so we can have a hawk watching us from the rafters. [laugh]

Swung by and found a couple of S&W grips and some good deals on factory ammo (38 & 357). Worth the trip and saw a couple of NES folks. I hung out with Fred (50 BMG) for a bit and he was as friendly and helpful as usual. He had some nice stuff and always takes care of his fellow collectors.

Very good show, bit bias I guess as a member of the Club, but all and all a good weekend. Hope everyone that went today saw Tim Bradley from Benelli do his demonstration. I picked up my first Mosin[smile], from Fred(50BMG) thanks again Fred.

Viking Distributors from VT had some reasonable ammo prices - and, of course, I had to scoop some up. Also found a Makarov mag I was looking for, a reasonably priced bore snake... and some more ammo. My credit card is still smoking, but it was a good show for me.

Good to see Fred as always - and to hear stories of his ridiculous scores in firearms that walk through the door...

Last edited:
This was one of the better shows for me. I saw allot of my friends from NES which is always nice. The club always treats me great. I am a member but its more like a family. Sounds corny but its true.

I posted the message below in the milsurp collectors thread but I want to share it with folks here.

I made a rather large profit selling the banner Mauser I purchased yesterday. One of the younger members at HSC hunts with his dad. He did not have a black powder rifle and was looking at some that I was selling all day. I have shot with his dad and him at times at the club.He is an excellent shot and hunter. I figured, heck my kids dont hunt, so................I bought him a Black powder rifle and the accessories. The only requirement to this gift. I get some of the meat from the first kill. He agreed. One happy young man. Why did I do it. Because I was raised to give to folks who will appreciate it and he will hopefully do the same when he gets older. Heck I would have just bought another AK or Mosin or god forbid a Mauser[wink]

Last edited:
I think he carries a tazer and zaps people when they walk in if they're carrying something of interest.[laugh]

Don't give away my secret>>>> I did pass on a Luger, it was an all matching 42 but the price was $2500. Sorry that's money towards my Barrett.

Last edited:
This was one of the better shows for me. I saw allot of my friends from NES which is always nice. The club always treats me great. I am a member but its more like a family. Sounds corny but its true.

I posted the message below in the milsurp collectors thread but I want to share it with folks here.

I made a rather large profit selling the banner Mauser I purchased yesterday. One of the younger members at HSC hunts with his dad. He did not have a black powder rifle and was looking at some that I was selling all day. I have shot with his dad and him at times at the club.He is an excellent shot and hunter. I figured, heck my kids dont hunt, so................I bought him a Black powder rifle and the accessories. The only requirement to this gift. I get some of the meat from the first kill. He agreed. One happy young man. Why did I do it. Because I was raised to give to folks who will appreciate it and he will hopefully will do the same when he gets older. Heck I would have just bought another AK or Mosin or god forbid a Mauser[wink]

Little stories like this help me to keep hope that America is not lost, way to go Fred. That's some good Karma!!

It was a small show, but I liked it. I only picked up a couple boxes of 7.62x25 because my CZ52 was feeling a little neglected. Other than that I saw a couple guns that caught my eye but nothing I decided to buy. couple 1100's that were what I was looking for IF they had choke tubes. Sadly they didn't. There was a Mas36 and 49/56 there that I thought would look good in my safe but the $ is for a shotgun. Oh well, next time[wink]

Oh and Tim Bradley was fun to watch. [grin]

I liked it, picked up a few .308 battlepacks. time to break out my SA Scout.

I like just about any gun show. I the last 10 years I hardly find anything though. I walk out empty handed a lot. I keep going though.
I did not make it to the show this weekend. My buddy did and after waking him from his ten year lapse in shooting he walked out with nothing also.
I can tell you if he walked out with nothing I most like would also. He says it was a great SHOW got to look and touch a few guns he normally wouldn't be able to. Seen interesting things he said "like going to the springfield armory but you can touch the stuff". He's been out of the loop for a while and was stumped at the prices. Especially on bullets and what little they had. Its tough, guys have to sell to make money and the buyers have to watch how they spend thier money. A balancing act for sure. I would have went but draggin my 1yr old twins and my super fast 4yr old would have been out of control!

Back
Top Bottom