home defense firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the world's best scientifically developed self defense program, developed by counter-ambush expert Rob Pincus.

Well that is some intro. While I like my glocks, I would have no problem deploying my 1911 weapons defense platform pistol in critical defense of my self and those I am dynamically responsible for. Maybe I am not tactical enough, but I don't take what any "industry" personality says as gospel.

Indeed, women were given superior trigger control skills by increased patience and under-skin fat layer to kill with a single shot, while us men have to rely on dumping mags to kill that Porsche.

Actually most dogs would each other's poo when not even hungry, and cats ... I'm still trying to find a repast to delight our cat.

Huh. I thought the trigger control skills came from all of our fine motor skill activities, like knitting, needlepoint, and manipulation of sammich-making tools. Learn something new every day!

While that is true, have you seen the number of fast food joints out there? Clearly, having a refined or educated palate is not a defining quality of American-ness!

I like there bread tho!!

1911 my only pistol so far. Why use a 10 rd when you can get a 15rd
u9unave9.jpg

I've always liked the idea of a Glock 21SF or a 1911 with an extended 10 round magazine for inside the home. But I would try a bunch of handguns and see what you like best/ feel most comfortable with.

G21 is one of my favorite pistols.

Huh. I thought the trigger control skills came from all of our fine motor skill activities, like knitting, needlepoint, and manipulation of sammich-making tools. Learn something new every day!

Despite my formidable prowess with knitting needles I'd rather bayonet my target, but "sammich-making" ... you may be onto something here [laugh]

Well that is some intro. While I like my glocks, I would have no problem deploying my 1911 weapons defense platform pistol in critical defense of my self and those I am dynamically responsible for. Maybe I am not tactical enough, but I don't take what any "industry" personality says as gospel.

If you're ever in the context of a dynamic critical incident, you'll want a Glock. This video puts any contrary argument to rest. Pincus is not just an industry personality, he's a seasoned global leader in tactical counter ambush tactical dynamics, as demonstrated by his Counter Ambush Training DVD & Home Study Course (available here for 50% off!).

[video=youtube_share;zdh2X9CDe38]http://youtu.be/zdh2X9CDe38[/video]

If you're ever in the context of a dynamic critical incident, you'll want a Glock. This video puts any contrary argument to rest. Pincus is not just an industry personality, he's a seasoned global leader in tactical counter ambush tactical dynamics, as demonstrated by his Counter Ambush Training DVD & Home Study Course (available here for 50% off!).

[video=youtube_share;zdh2X9CDe38]http://youtu.be/zdh2X9CDe38[/video]

I have seen Matt's videos.

I didn't mean to offend you by calling Pincus a personality, but I still don't take what anyone in the industry says as gospel. Sorry, I think for myself regardless of the dynamicness of the context I may find myself in.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/zdh2X9CDe38

If I am ever in a dynamic critical incident, I will want rifles, armor of some sort, and a bunch of friends with the foregoing.

Perhaps it's more along the lines of "a few bad eggs ruins the whole dozen" idea. If you don't see the xenophobia on this forum, then you aren't reading this forum. Given the recent actions of two brothers who practiced Islam, you must not be reading those kinds of threads.

I'll agree to drop this in light of the reaction this thread is receiving.

Would anyone like to provide anything useful to my original question? I'm getting a resounding answer of ".380acp" and "shotgun with bird shot." If under-powered self protection is the name of the game, perhaps I need to do more reading? Are there laws in Boston that dictate how much muzzle velocity my firearms are allowed to have? Or are these friendly suggestions based on ammo availability? Or available training courses specializing in tactics for bird shot shotguns and .380acp pocket pistols?

Or is this another troll attempt in an effort to let me know that I must love men and therefor should buy accordingly?

Are 9mm pistols too powerful? I've always liked the idea of a .45acp 1911. AR-15's have always been appealing to me, too. Are these all off the table? I have read that Boston has laws forbidding the storage of a AR-15. So I understand that may not be in my deck of cards.

obvious+troll+is+obvious

I have to disagree with you on that one. World renown external ballistics experts agree that TT was perhaps the greatest firearm ever made. Glock was modeled on it, where they replaced steel with plastic to accommodate white female market in the US. Just read "Glock - the unofficial history".

Also listen to Boris Bladenoff:

[video=youtube_share;lX0MB7pJtKs]http://youtu.be/lX0MB7pJtKs?t=15s[/video]

"dynamic critical incident" "non-diagnostic linear malfunction drill"

I just love people who make up fancy phrases to make themselves sound authoritative. [thinking] I thought that buzzword bingo could only be played in corporate America -- thank you for expanding my horizon.

So, Mr. Pincus' system is "world's best scientifically developed." Really? Would you care to support that assertion? Does Mr. Pincus have a PhD? Has he written papers accepted by a peer-reviewed journal? Could you describe how he used the scientific method to develop this method? What objective testing was performed to determine that this method is "the world's best"?

Or is this just marketing drivel?

Last edited:
I know! I know! Oh! Oh! Pick me! [grin]

There was an old Dilbert cartoon that I love. In the last frame, Dilbert is standing next to fellow in a labcoat. The caption read "Next week, proctologist Dr. Smith will use his flashlight to show us exactly where marketing projections come from..."

There was an old Dilbert cartoon that I love. In the last frame, Dilbert is standing next to fellow in a labcoat. The caption read "Next week, proctologist Dr. Smith will use his flashlight to show us exactly where marketing projections come from..."

*snicker* Sounds about right. :)

Serious answer - do you have any training yet? Do you have an FID or LTC yet?

You live in MA. If you don't already have the permits squared away, you are MONTHS out from needing to worry about what gun to buy.

I have an LTC-A in Boston. I have no formal training beyond that of the safety class and casual shooting that I have done in the past. I used to hunt waterfowl, quite avidly, in high school. But that is simple target acquisition and reflexes. Point and shoot and then watch the dog get what you hit.

I have an LTC-A in Boston. I have no formal training beyond that of the safety class and casual shooting that I have done in the past. I used to hunt waterfowl, quite avidly, in high school. But that is simple target acquisition and reflexes. Point and shoot and then watch the dog get what you hit.

Ohhhh...Trollus obviousarum sp. fuddicus??!!

I agree with a former member's post: consider going green! It's a great investment and just by reading these forums you'll learn a ton. For home defense, an important factor to consider is having something you are personally comfortable with - something you enjoy shooting and will shoot at the range. A home invasion is not the time to test your proficiency with an otherwise unpracticed with firearm. My personal opinion is a 12 gauge shotgun, like the Mossberg 500, is a great way to go. That said, I'd rather get shot in the foot with a 12 gauge than the eye with a .22. Being proficient with whatever you invest in is key and that, sir, takes practice. Best of luck and welcome to NES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom