• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hora Dolor 3 Review: How tasty was your candy?

joeendris

Banned
A small lab with my roommate, Brain, in Central, M
To all the participants and the spectators, a very warm thank you for showing up and making a mess of our range, vehicles, and thankfully, only one dumbass thought it a good idea to go swimming at the end of October [smile]

Planning is one thing. Watching an event unfold is entirely different. So far, Morgan and I have had some damn good luck in pulling these off without "much" of a hitch...or at least, any major problems.

Morgan and I want to specifically thank you all who showed up today for "playing nice" and complying with the biggest rule: "Thou shalt obey RO's". You all did a fantastic job sticking to the "script" and adjusting your strategies within that script to extract the most fun (we hope).

Townsend R&G Club and its BOD thanks you for your participation and looks forward to holding more of these in the future. [thumbsup]

We know there were a couple of you out there snapping off pics, and we do hope you'll share! Hell, the more the merrier!

We also insist on feedback to increase your "fun factor" for the next one. Good, bad, indifferent feedback is absolutely encouraged. Give your opinion (we may tell you to piss off, but we'll still listen [smile]) on what you liked. Didn't like. Didn't care about. Etc. Anything you noticed on both ends of the spectrum. You walking away with a shit-eating grin is what these events (not only the ones at TRGC via Morgan and I) that all of the clubs put on, is all about. Repeat customers is our goal.

To the volunteers and helpers, THANK YOU. A couple of you stepped up and helped out. Thank you very much. It might not seem like much, but having the one or two extra bodies makes a huge difference when it comes to logisitics: We don't have to worry about racing back and forth making sure a range is safe or not. Having that person where we needed them for that time frame was a crucial part to making this (and other) event continue smoothly!

/soapbox

Pix and feedback in 3...2....1....

I so badly want to heckle instead of run, but how much worse can it get than rolling a ankle, twist a knee up, or take a dip in the drink?

I liked that this event was less kick the shit out of you and more fun. You guys nailed it with this one despite not allowing me to butt-stroke a window out and start shooting for the luls. Next time.

1st pic. Me and Atilla
2nd pic. Atilla after going in the drink. He 'operated' all over the clubhouse

As far as the event. Great job. I know how difficult it is to come up with different types of shit to shoot, and keep people safe. You guys did good. Everyone was very cool to talk to, and it was a pleasure meeting you. My first NES shoot.

TRGC was great. Bacon burger and freedom fries hit the spot. Beautiful property and club.

Props to joeendris, sweetjeep, and everyone else that made this happen .

Maybe I'll get in shape for next one.... And actually zero my rifle.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382922000134.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382922000134.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382922014781.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382922014781.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 125
1st pic. Me and Atilla
2nd pic. Atilla after going in the drink. He 'operated' all over the clubhouse

As far as the event. Great job. I know how difficult it is to come up with different types of shit to shoot, and keep people safe. You guys did good. Everyone was very cool to talk to, and it was a pleasure meeting you. My first NES shoot.

TRGC was great. Bacon burger and freedom fries hit the spot. Beautiful property and club.

Props to joeendris, sweetjeep, and everyone else that made this happen .

Maybe I'll get in shape for next one.... And actually zero my rifle.
+1. Damn glad to meet ya!
Be afraid. Be very, very afraid....
[shocked]

My team had a great time running (AND WALKING!) the course. And then helping out on the pistol range. Absolutely looking forward to the next one.

Someone asked me how much ammo we used and I just finished the inventory (Yes, I am actually this OCD).

For two runs :
~ 90 Rounds of 223
37 Rounds of 12 Gauge slugs
132 Rounds of 9mm

40ish of the 9mm was used to fill time between runs :)

One note : Looking at the directions, it says Total per team, 2 hits from each position on the shotgun, but when we ran the course, we shot four from each spot.

Last edited:
My team had a great time running (AND WALKING!) the course. And then helping out on the pistol range. Absolutely looking forward to the next one.

Someone asked me how much ammo we used and I just finished the inventory (Yes, I am actually this OCD).

For two runs :
~ 90 Rounds of 223
37 Rounds of 12 Gauge slugs
132 Rounds of 9mm

40ish of the 9mm was used to fill time between runs :)

One note : Looking at the directions, it says Total per team, 2 hits from each position on the shotgun, but when we ran the course, we shot four from each spot.

You guys did well then. By my stars, minimum round count (no misses) for two runs was 80 rifle rounds, 32 shotgun shells, and 68 pistol cartridges (start/stop plus four x eight, yes? Not sure I remember right).

I'll chime in with my thanks to everyone as well.

Especially Noxin and his buddy (Don't know if he as a screen name) and Team Chew's Jew component brother. We came up short with ROs and Noxin/Partner and The Brother all ponied up and did a great job at the miserable job of RO'ing.

Same to our perennial RO A.pacyna (I spelled that wrong).

Huge thanks to you guys. Huge.

In the "Gear adrift, Gear a-gift department"

I have a black sweatshirt/fleece type zip up.
A pair of tan boots, Size 11, brand Oakley. They look pretty sweet and are roughly my size. I am pretty confident I can cut down on the smell if they aren't claimed. :)
And finally I have a/some very desirable parts to a gun (no, no one lost a gun). If you can claim them I can be sure to get them back to you.

It also appears that Atilla lost a borrowed AR mag. There is a suggestion in the "other" post that it may have been found. If you grabbed a 30rnd AR mag with a gray Magpul follower, please drop Atilla a line.

Thanks everyone for being understanding and recognizing that Joe and I are functioning WAY above our pay grade and mental capacities when we run these events and being patient and working with us instead of against us. 5-6 more times and we might, maybe, possibly, get this program accomplished with only 50% screw-ups.

Thanks to Atilla for proving to everyone that you CAN'T drown in 5" of water (though he sure tried).

Thanks to everyone for the extra $5 fee that we assessed and will be sending to Derek to help in the costs to run this website.

Finally: I beg and plead each of you to jump on the Townsend R&G website and drop Jim or someone on the BOD a line and tell them thanks for allowing us to play. We do make the club a pretty reasonable amount of money, but those guys always take a heap of shit for closing the ranges down for the day.
http://www.townsend-rod-and-gun-club.org/contacts.htm

Especially Noxin and his buddy (Don't know if he as a screen name) and Team Chew's Jew component brother. We came up short with ROs and Noxin/Partner and The Brother all ponied up and did a great job at the miserable job of RO'ing.

Thank you SweetJeep for the Shoutout. I'm Noxin's partner, and i appreciate the awesome day guys. I had a blast!!

Same to our perennial RO A.pacyna (I spelled that wrong).

Huge thanks to you guys. Huge.

In the "Gear adrift, Gear a-gift department"

I have a black sweatshirt/fleece type zip up.
A pair of tan boots, Size 11, brand Oakley. They look pretty sweet and are roughly my size. I am pretty confident I can cut down on the smell if they aren't claimed. :)
And finally I have a/some very desirable parts to a gun (no, no one lost a gun). If you can claim them I can be sure to get them back to you.

It also appears that Atilla lost a borrowed AR mag. There is a suggestion in the "other" post that it may have been found. If you grabbed a 30rnd AR mag with a gray Magpul follower, please drop Atilla a line.

Thanks everyone for being understanding and recognizing that Joe and I are functioning WAY above our pay grade and mental capacities when we run these events and being patient and working with us instead of against us. 5-6 more times and we might, maybe, possibly, get this program accomplished with only 50% screw-ups.

Thanks to Atilla for proving to everyone that you CAN'T drown in 5" of water (though he sure tried).

Thanks to everyone for the extra $5 fee that we assessed and will be sending to Derek to help in the costs to run this website.

Finally: I beg and plead each of you to jump on the Townsend R&G website and drop Jim or someone on the BOD a line and tell them thanks for allowing us to play. We do make the club a pretty reasonable amount of money, but those guys always take a heap of shit for closing the ranges down for the day.
http://www.townsend-rod-and-gun-club.org/contacts.htm

Those would be my boots, was wondering where I left them!

Let me know how I can meet up with you to grab them.

Got home for in time for lunch and then to soccer!

Thanks,
Chris
Chinese component of Team Chew.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Run results : more or less

Results for the runs.

These are roughly accurate. There was some holdover for some of the teams because Joe and I couldn't bother to do a test run and our illustrious scorekeeper opted to do things 'his way' instead of another way.

Don't fret, there were no prizes, this is for pride, so shut up.

Run 1:
WINNERS: The AARONS - 14 minutes
2nd: 2 Guys 1 clip - 17 min
Tie for 3rd: The Moshers, Hoppes #9 and team Chew - 18 min.
Tie for 4th: GIANT and The Beard & Space Cadets - 19 min.
Tie 5th: /Dev/Null & Cape Clods - 20 min.
6th: Stop Drop Compensate - 21 min.
Tie 7th place and waterlogged: THROATHAMMER and the illustrious Team Masturbates - 22 min. ( I detect a twisted association here)
8th Tie (and did not need a map or a search party!) : Team Squigglies!! & Victorious Secret - 24 minutes.
AAAND last but not least, the most appropriately named team: Better Late Than Pregnant - 25 min.

Run 2:
Winners: The AARONS - 12 minutes!!
2nd: 2 guys 1 clip - 13 minutes!!
3rd: Team Chew - 14 min.
4th: THROATHAMMER - 15 min
5th Tie: Hoppes #9 and Team Masturbates - 16 min. I am confident there was some course overlap with some/all of these teams, so they may have run faster than this appears.
6th Tie: Cape Clods & Team Victorious - 17 min.
7th TIE: the Moshers and Space Cadets - 18 min (There was absolutely some overlap that caused both these guys to hold up for a bit)
8th: Teeeaaaaam Squigglies! 19 min.
9th: GIANT and The Beard - 21 min
AND BRING UP THE BOTTOM - The ultimate in team on team competition. The 2 teams who agreed that competing was for the heathens. A group who fears running. A quartet who knew that team means TEAM (even if the team is your competition). These 2 teams mosied, strolled and shared all duties no matter the team on which they participated..

Stop Drop and Compensate and Better Late than Pregnant! 26 minutes.
I should clarify.. I can't read the writing of the scorer, so I assume it's Pregnant and not "rattlesnake" or possibly "regulate" like the weird handwriting in the book says.

Some folks wanted a 3rd run and we were able to get Noxin and his buddy [Update: ExodousPrime1337] to keep RO'ing for us (thanks guys). This was a heavily modified run so times don't compare to above.

GOLD: In a continued game of fisticuffs for first place: 2 Guys 1 Cup tied with The Aarons with 10 minutes.
SILVER: In a 3 way tie for second: The Moshers, Hoppes #9 and the heavily handicapped -The Beaver Hunters (I believe this team was Midnight and Sweetjeep running along side like wheelchair with a square wheel) - 11 minutes
BRONZE: Taking the final spot, the Cape Clods - 13 minutes

Last edited:
BTW, WHAT FRAKING CANDY?!

I CLEARLY asked if you wanted anything from the kitchen. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you SweetJeep for the Shoutout. I'm Noxin's partner, and i appreciate the awesome day guys. I had a blast!!

Than YOU for the help!! As you are aware, if Noxin brings you back for the next run you'll play for free.

Not a bad showing from the "Clods". If only I could run as well as I shoot...And not bad for a "rookie" girl. I may have to lose that title... ah, well! I will RUN the next one!! Thanks again Joe and Morgan. It was a super fun time!

Results for the runs.

These are roughly accurate. There was some holdover for some of the teams because Joe and I couldn't bother to do a test run and our illustrious scorekeeper opted to do things 'his way' instead of another way.

Don't fret, there were no prizes, this is for pride, so shut up.

Run 1:
WINNERS: The AARONS - 14 minutes
2nd: 2 Guys 1 clip - 17 min
Tie for 3rd: The Moshers, Hoppes #9 and team Chew - 18 min.
Tie for 4th: GIANT and The Beard & Space Cadets - 19 min.
Tie 5th: /Dev/Null & Cape Clods - 20 min.
6th: Stop Drop Compensate - 21 min.
Tie 7th place and waterlogged: THROATHAMMER and the illustrious Team Masturbates - 22 min. ( I detect a twisted association here)
8th Tie (and did not need a map or a search party!) : Team Squigglies!! & Victorious Secret - 24 minutes.
AAAND last but not least, the most appropriately named team: Better Late Than Pregnant - 25 min.

Run 2:
Winners: The AARONS - 12 minutes!!
2nd: 2 guys 1 clip - 13 minutes!!
3rd: Team Chew - 14 min.
4th: Space Cadets - 15 min
5th Tie: Hoppes #9 and Team Masturbates - 16 min. I am confident there was some course overlap with some/all of these teams, so they may have run faster than this appears.
6th Tie: Cape Clods & Team Victorious - 17 min.
7th: the Moshers - 18 min (There was absolutely some overlap that caused these guys to hold up for a bit)
8th: Teeeaaaaam Squigglies! 19 min.
9th: GIANT and The Beard - 21 min
AND BRING UP THE BOTTOM - The ultimate in team on team competition. The 2 teams who agreed that competing was for the heathens. A group who fears running. A quartet who knew that team means TEAM (even if the team is your competition). These 2 teams mosied, strolled and shared all duties no matter the team on which they participated..

Stop Drop and Compensate and Better Late than Pregnant! 26 minutes.
I should clarify.. I can't read the writing of the scorer, so I assume it's Pregnant and not "rattlesnake" or possibly "regulate" like the weird handwriting in the book says.

Some folks wanted a 3rd run and we were able to get Noxin and his buddy [Update: ExodousPrime1337] to keep RO'ing for us (thanks guys). This was a heavily modified run so times don't compare to above.

GOLD: In a continued game of fisticuffs for first place: 2 Guys 1 Cup tied with The Aarons with 10 minutes.
SILVER: In a 3 way tie for second: The Moshers, Hoppes #9 and the heavily handicapped -The Beaver Hunters (I believe this team was Midnight and Sweetjeep running along side like wheelchair with a square wheel) - 11 minutes
BRONZE: Taking the final spot, the Cape Clods - 13 minutes

THE AARONS, we are coming for you next year!!
Training to beat you will start tomorrow.

Sincerely,

2 Guys 1 Clip

935537_609203359126141_1855475353_n.jpg

On our deathbed... We will receive TOTAL CONSCIOUSNESS. So we've got that going for us.... Which is nice.

Oops.. sorry Mark.. check the list for an update. Tom rewrote the scoring blocks and I failed to use my reading skills.

In the second run you were listed as "Space Cadets". Where as the REAL space cadets pulled an 18 minute run.

Oops.. sorry Mark.. check the list for an update. Tom rewrote the scoring blocks and I failed to use my reading skills.

In the second run you were listed as "Space Cadets". Where as the REAL space cadets pulled an 18 minute run.

Magazine located Atilla. Pm me with address (yours or Mikes).

'MERICA AS ****.

these two posts make me cry bald eagles. 4th place with a light jog most of the way, and then i found the mag i lost like a retard. i's got's a happy.

Back
Top Bottom