• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HORA DOLOR - FOURa. Sept 7th. Details within!

I'm offering to sponsor Next year and there will be free t-shirts and suppressed guns and 50 cals. Why? Because We're ****ing awesome that's why. I'm going to involve myself more in the event if Morgan lets me I would be happy to help.

And yet another reason to love PPF even if Johnny did call me a "f#ckin noob"

And what about the time [laugh2] I would like to see if PPF got a better time with the white t shirt or the black t shirt. [rofl]
FYI this is import for my next HD winter run.

We did end up keeping this event smaller then initially planned due to some resistance from some BOD members. The fact we were allowed to carry our pistols was a surprise to me but I see it as a good thing, it means the club is willing to trust us to behave. In talking with other members, and people at other clubs who new about this event, but were turned off by the physical challenges, I think keeping with the three gun format, but switching to a sprint through all courses, and dropping the extra running would bring in more shooters.
Aaron

I know that making the event less physical will draw a bigger turnout, but like thormx538 said this is the hora dolor. I'm sure if you make a Tough Mudder a walk on dry flat pavement with no obstacles and shorten it from 10 miles to 1 will draw more people but then it wouldn't be a tough mudder anymore. this type of events draw a certain breed of people that are willing to go outside the comfort zone and push it and are willing to get down and dirty, I wouldn't want it have it any other way!

And what about the time [laugh2] I would like to see if PPF got a better time with the white t shirt or the black t shirt. [rofl]
FYI this is import for my next HD winter run.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to duarteus again.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that making the event less physical will draw a bigger turnout, but like thormx538 said this is the hora dolor. I'm sure if you make a Tough Mudder a walk on dry flat pavement with no obstacles and shorten it from 10 miles to 1 will draw more people but then it wouldn't be a tough mudder anymore. this type of events draw a certain breed of people that are willing to go outside the comfort zone and push it and are willing to get down and dirty, I wouldn't want it have it any other way!

Who ever is going to bitch about the physicality of it has a year to get their ass in shape. I for one would like more obstacles.

As I discussed with Johnny the other day, the Reed Shooting Sports Kollective had such a good time at hd4 that we would like to continue the tradition by doing some hd4 inspired drills (involving physical exertion before, after, and/or between shooting) but also some multigun stages. We envision this being a regular (probably monthly) activity at the action pits at Harvard for a small group. Pm me if you want to be added to the list (and whether you're a member at Harvard or not) and I'll let you know once we get it going.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to duarteus again.

- - - Updated - - -

Who ever is going to bitch about the physicality of it has a year to get their ass in shape. I for one would like more obstacles.

This is one reason why I like these kinds of events. Besides the competitive shooting aspect, it pushes me to want to be in shape. (and reminds me why I quit smoking.)

We here at Hora Dolor headquarters are more than happy to keep Precision Point Firearms on board as a sponsor. I just hope that people appreciate your efforts and donations were for the cause and they call you when they need something. Precision Point Firearms, for all your needs that go BANG)

I am also formulating a solution that could satisfy both camps. The group who wants to gun, but no run (or at least not get their trousers dirty) AND the group who wishes to remember (or learn) what it's like to be Beastly Adams (or at least feel like he and his teammate for a few minutes [aka: Badasses]).

Likely results

Alright kids.. here are the (likely) results. I know there was some skewing that had to occur for a couple teams that ran into issues. But this is what the score sheet reported. I am sort of guessing, and I KNOW that the bonus time removed was a guess too.

But since you were all running for GLORIOUS PRIZES, I have decided to double up prizes to EVERY team!! Yeah, that's how we roll here. There are some self assed "we got held up for XX minutes" subtractions on time. It was pure guess work by the team that was held up. It also changed VERY LITTLE in terms of final standing.

Best guess at placement.. (this is first run only, I can give you your second if you want, but I know a lot of people started "cheating" and goofing off and what not)

1st) Alpha - 21m raw score with 7 bonus minutes ---- 14m 28 seconds
2nd) Holy Infidels - 28 raw - 9 bonus ---------------------- 19m 11s
3rd) Fotze Zestrorer - 25.22 raw - 3 bonus ------------------- 22m 22s
4th) Aarons - 28 raw - 4 bonus ---------------------- 24 min
5th) Kentucky Windage - 36.33 raw - 9 bonus ----------------- 27 min
6th) RSSK 31.07
7th) Moshers 31.38
8th) Titans 32.77
9th) Nameless (Number? NAMBLA?) 33.16
10th) Sons of Peaches 33.37
11th) Imperial Defense 34.06
12th) Rolling With Wes 34.94
13th) Full Metal Jackass 36.09
14th) Faugh A Ballagh 41.48

I was taking a look at this.. the biggest skew based on "bonus time" was Kentucky windage. I suspect their guess was pretty accurate, they ran a second run and scored 24 minutes with no apparent hold ups.

Holy Infidels had a second run with no apparent slow ups and scored 19 minutes.

Alpha's second was 17 m
Fotze's second was 18 m

I didn't initially post the second runs for everyone as I said above. I am confident that the course wasn't being truly properly performed.

Hey any of you knuckleheads know where I can get some reasonably priced .223 ammo in central mass or relatively nearby. No I do not have time to run to NH or into the Boston traffic mess (Woburn etc.) , I typically use IDC for local ammo but they can be pricy.

thx

Team Slow but there's always an upside

Hey any of you knuckleheads know where I can get some reasonably priced .223 ammo in central mass or relatively nearby. No I do not have time to run to NH or into the Boston traffic mess (Woburn etc.) ,

Then you're not getting reasonably priced .223. It's literally that simple. The only way to get cheap stuff in central MA is if you have an in with a dealer, otherwise you're pretty much stuck to walmart, etc.

-Mike

Thanks Mike and Atilla I was hoping there might be a new source out there, I'll drag my self to Leominster Walmart, but the place spooks me. It like an audition for the night of the living dead. I always carry in there.

I am new to reloading .223/5.56 but I do not trust my skills yet as far as match ammo goes and I am running out of my Amercian Eagle.

OK HORA DORA kids, this is a shameless plug for the event presented below. I know you like running around wearing funny clothes and shooting lots of guns. Its at the Pemigewasset Fish and Game http://www.pemi.org/ in NH weekend after next. Pemi is about 20 miles of the Loon exit on I-93. I posted this on the other scheduling thread. I went to a dry run version of this a couple of weekends ago and it promises to be excellent. Its going to be held over 2 days and you will have scheduled times i.e show up at 10 am shoot and leave. You carry all your ammo, have some of the guns staged, but you do the all the stages at one time, then the next guy goes. There is only one shooter on the course at a time. You run the course with bays on your left and right and finish with the final bay that promises to have a couple or more 100 to 200 yard shots up the hill. Probably 5-6 stages. See the info below remember you have to email Bob to sign up, he will assign you a starting time. Its a bit far (2 hrs from central Mass) but its worth it. Pemi/Bob puts on a great event.

From Pemi

We have scheduled Oct 25 / 26 for a 2 day, 3 gun event. We are planning to setup the entire action range – starting from the 200 yard pits (range entrance) and including all 8 bays as one big stage. It should take about 20 min per shooter to run the course and get back to the starting point. Score keepers will follow the shooter, scoring and setting up as they go. Shooters will need to register in advance with a desired time to shoot. We will then assign times for each shooter – with groups of 3-4 scheduled to arrive at the top of each hour. There will be a safety briefing for each group but the course will otherwise be blind (no descriptions). You will shoot the entire course carrying arifle and handgun plus all ammo needed. There will be pickup guns with ammo along the way. The shooter will move downrange with an SO and scorekeeper. Given the time commitment and pickup guns / ammo, we plan tocharge $50 per shooter. Please let me know now if you are interested so we can gauge the number of people and make a final decision on this event.

email Bob Klimm
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom