Hora Dolor round 3. Any interest?

Ok... Provided this thing is not a total mud march, I will wear my carrier with all four steel plates.

For now, my wife said that she will run with me... Unless she changes her mind, We will be team Über Over Killy Eye Roll.

Last edited:
I'm swapping my plates out for Dixie paper plates. Should solve problem

want to borrow a plate? haha.

Ok... Provided this thing is not a total mud march, I will wear my carrier with all four steel plates.

For now, my wife said that she will run with me... Unless she changes her mind, We will be team Über Over Killy Eye Roll.

badass.

you can tell her lady atilla ran an event once. in the winter. during a snowstorm.

...that's kind of why she never wants to do another. [crying]

Alright, what gear will I need for this? I dont have much, so I need to make sure I get anything Im missing. I see people mentioning plate carriers......this guy doesnt have the money for that.......but I coudl strap my cats to me to make up for it....

Alright, what gear will I need for this? I dont have much, so I need to make sure I get anything Im missing. I see people mentioning plate carriers......this guy doesnt have the money for that.......but I coudl strap my cats to me to make up for it....

You only need to have something to carry your loaded magazines / ammo on your person as you run the course. A simple bag to toss all of it in, your pants pockets, or some sort of carrier designed for the job (vest, chest rig, battle belt, etc. with magazine pouches.)

The thing to think about is this: While you are carrying your stuff, trying to run, do you want it bouncing around in a bag, or possibly falling out of pockets? How will your carrying method hold up under stress? Will it work after getting wet (rain or snow) or muddy? Do you want to risk losing ammo somewhere on the course? I know at least one person lost a few shotgun shells last time (I saw them laying on the driveway), and I heard someone dropped a pistol magazine too?

if anyone is interested, too--i have a spare plate carrier. unfortunately it's for sale and not for rent. can throw in a 3x rifle/3x pistol mag carrier from my chest rig for rent if you want to buy the carrier. [laugh]

Acme: It will likely be on a Sunday. It will not likely be outside of Mass as neither Joe or I have property or belong to an out of state club. Obviously we'd like to have you join. But.. such is life I guess.

You only need to have something to carry your loaded magazines / ammo on your person as you run the course. A simple bag to toss all of it in, your pants pockets, or some sort of carrier designed for the job (vest, chest rig, battle belt, etc. with magazine pouches.)

The thing to think about is this: While you are carrying your stuff, trying to run, do you want it bouncing around in a bag, or possibly falling out of pockets? How will your carrying method hold up under stress? Will it work after getting wet (rain or snow) or muddy? Do you want to risk losing ammo somewhere on the course? I know at least one person lost a few shotgun shells last time (I saw them laying on the driveway), and I heard someone dropped a pistol magazine too?

Run......you're funny lol

if this happens on a weekend I can actually do it and we do team up, I'll have ways to store your mags and ammo during the run.

so can someone give us a rough idea of round count per firearm, and when this is expected? I want to make sure I keep enough on hand.

Go find the thread for the Hora Dolor Winter Failings and see what the ammo reqs were for that. I think if anything, they'd be reasonably close to that.

I'd be in for this depending on the date. It sounds a lot like the Excruciathalon, except with the promise of bacon. Of course, I'd need a partner.

Edit: I may or may not have a shotgun by the time this happens. The one I ordered at Four Seasons in February was still backordered last time I checked. If it still isn't in then I will have to borrow one.

Last edited:
In if it's on a Saturday. Missed the last go-round, & I don't know what I'm getting myself into.....but it looked like a bacon good time was had by all. [smile]

Umm... I kept hearing all this talk about bacon before the last event... I was expecting to see dudes eating the stuff by the plate load...

The reality was, sadly, a plate with about 1/2 dozen strips. Good bacon, sure, but not the massive bacon fest my stomach dreamed of during the long winter nights leading up to this hellava good time gun shooting event...

For the upcoming event, I will donate a couple pounds of some average brand bacon...

Perhaps the grand prize this time could be a pound of thick cut extra special bacon... Drool

Umm... I kept hearing all this talk about bacon before the last event... I was expecting to see dudes eating the stuff by the plate load...

The reality was, sadly, a plate with about 1/2 dozen strips. Good bacon, sure, but not the massive bacon fest my stomach dreamed of during the long winter nights leading up to this hellava good time gun shooting event...

For the upcoming event, I will donate a couple pounds of some average brand bacon...

Perhaps the grand prize this time could be a pound of thick cut extra special bacon... Drool

As long as the bacon is super crispy, I'm in.

The bacon plate you saw was actually the leftover bacon that we could no longer force anyone else to eat. Yeah.. I said that right.. there was left over bacon that people had trouble forcing down their gullet.

As for the event:

Joe and I just had lunch and chatted. I think we have a good setup. We have to pass it in front of the powers that be, but upon approval I shall make announcements.

Shotgun, rifle, what else?
Handgun of any flavor, we thinks.
[video=youtube_share;bVNDaFC3lEg]http://youtu.be/bVNDaFC3lEg[/video]
Paging Boris. I was correct in converting my mags into a snow shovel, right? [smile]
Damn! 8 pages already? I don't have time to read them all now, but IN! I missed the last one to a snowstorm that never friggin happened down here.
IIRC, I still have your shirts.
Some running, some shooting, and a whole lot of laughter, and hopefully, joeendis won't injure me this time.
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?!
so can someone give us a rough idea of round count per firearm, and when this is expected? I want to make sure I keep enough on hand.
We're looking at running multiple times. At this point, minimum loads look to be:
20-25 rounds of shotgun (slug or #00 up to #4)
25-30 rounds of rifle (any flavor rifle you want)
25-50 rounds of handgun (any flavor)

These numbers aren't carved in stone, just rough numbers based off our lunch date sweets and I had today. They will probably change, but I can't imagine by much.

Do we have an approximate month that this will be held in?
Either last weekend of September or first weekend of October. Those are the tentative dates, sweets and I still need to bring this up to the powers that be.
The bacon plate you saw was actually the leftover bacon that we could no longer force anyone else to eat. Yeah.. I said that right.. there was left over bacon that people had trouble forcing down their gullet.

As for the event:
Joe and I just had lunch and chatted. I think we have a good setup. We have to pass it in front of the powers that be, but upon approval I shall make announcements.
[devil2]

Back
Top Bottom