• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How Did Your Representative Vote on ERPO?

To be fair, several of our "allies" like Lombardo, Lyons, and Orrall voted yes. With friends like this, who needs enemies?

Lombardo is a bit puzzling, considering he sponsored some legislation against the 7/20 nonsense and spoke at the rally at the state house. I find the ERPO stuff even more oppressive, to be honest, but he gave the amended bill a yes vote.

Same w Dooley. I think they know better that the rest of us how this vote will affect their chances at re election. It serves no purpose having them vote on something which was going to pass 100 times out of 100 and risk losing their seats over it. Yeah, Dooley won handily a year ago but in this district a no vote would have sunk him. For what? To be replaced by a dem who will never ever help us? Dooley is a solid guy, has been on our side forever and will continue to be, but he’s not going to risk his seat on principle when it’s going to pass regardless. There’s a reason GOAL thanked him despite his yes vote.

Last edited:
Same w Dooley. I think they know better that the rest of us how this vote will affect their chances at re election. It serves no purpose having them vote on something which was going to pass 100 times out of 100 and risk losing their seats over it. Yeah, Dooley won handily a year ago but in this district a no vote would have sunk him. For what? To be replaced by a dem who will never ever help us? Dooley is a solid guy, has been on our side forever and will continue to be, but he’s not going to risk his seat on principle when it’s going to pass regardless. There’s a reason GOAL thanked him despite his yes vote.

Why not a "No Vote" then instead of of an anti freedom vote? Very tough to swallow this "going to pass regardless" stuff. The whole situation is depressing - I feel like we got stabbed in the back by our friends.

Why not a "No Vote" then instead of of an anti freedom vote? Very tough to swallow this "going to pass regardless" stuff. The whole situation is depressing - I feel like we got stabbed in the back by our friends.

Yeah, it’s tough to swallow, welcome to Massachusetts. It passed 139 to 14 so go ahead and trash the half a dozen or so who have always been Pro2A and on our side 99% of the time who understood it would severely impact their chances at re election if they voted no. I’ll take Dooley ten times over the alternative, there isn’t anyone more Pro2A coming out of the woodwork in our district, it’s either him or an anti Dem.

These guys kill me.
"You should praising me for butt raping you , because the other guy that would have done it is way more well hung."
How about f*ck you , and shove your vote next time around. I didn't deserve or want to be raped in the first place .

Local reps back 'Red Flag' gun bill

basically "it was bad, but we made it less bad"..

WTF??

So why not vote against it, and publicize the reasons why it was so bad...

Because in some districts the Dem opponent will beat you over the head with it very effectively and take your seat. I don’t see the soccer moms in
Norfolk, Plainville, Wrentham, Medfield, Millis, and Walpole (Dooley’s district) giving a shit about the reasons it was so bad nor enough gun owners to counter them. If he and the other half dozen who are usually solid on our side voted no it would have been 133 - 20, that makes it so much better.

Mike correctly said he doesn’t see the anti-vote being very important and it’s not, but a pro-vote on something like this can sink some of these guys. This is a systemic problem in MA that isn’t going to be fixed by a couple of reps standing on principle and risk losing their seats when it’s already a foregone conclusion.

Love it. Republicans who were voted in to support things like the 2A, come and speak at gun clubs, ask for our money and show support when it is easy but the minute it comes time to turn around and stand with us or take some flak they immediate response is to turn tail and run. I could give 2 S**ts about a politicians concern over being re-elected. Or my favorite, it was going to pas anyways so I didn't see the point in opposing.

This state blows.

Love it. Republicans who were voted in to support things like the 2A, come and speak at gun clubs, ask for our money and show support when it is easy but the minute it comes time to turn around and stand with us or take some flak they immediate response is to turn tail and run. I could give 2 S**ts about a politicians concern over being re-elected. Or my favorite, it was going to pas anyways so I didn't see the point in opposing.

Agree completely. There is no gray area on this issue. If you're not a 100% anti, the dems will beat you over the head about being a "tool of the NRA", despite your one "common sense" vote on ERPO. When Orrall called me to complain about my criticizing her on FB, she seemed genuinely surprised about the blowback she was getting. I told her "you've been to our rallies, you've seen how passionate we are about this. You should not have been surprised."

This state blows.

"but we had to vote for it, so we could vote to protect the 2A next time."

-still waiting for next time.

This state blows.
Remember it when they come sucking around next time.

My Rep, Peter Durant, voted no. That me reminds me to send him a thank you

Well if they don't have the intestinal fortitude to vote the way the constituents want, they should step down and let someone who does run.

[laugh2][rofl]If that’s your expectation then you’re going to be sorely disappointed over and over in life.

So what is your stance on this? Beyond agreeing with the legislators who used the excuse that it was going to pass anyways so they pulled the safe move politically and voted in favor of it.

So what is your stance on this? Beyond agreeing with the legislators who used the excuse that it was going to pass anyways so they pulled the safe move politically and voted in favor of it.

Of course I’m opposed to it. But I also don’t want to flush a couple decent, supportive legislators down the toilet on principle for something that didn’t have a prayer of being stopped.

Of course I’m opposed to it. But I also don’t want to flush a couple decent, supportive legislators down the toilet on principle for something that didn’t have a prayer of being stopped.

So what use are they if they don't stand with us. And voting against it because "it's going to pass anyways" just makes it look like the bill was the right thing to do to begin with. Don't make excuses for them their votes were a self-serving move and nothing else.

I am curious though because the line of logic fascinates me.
What just happened that was decent and supportive of your second amendment rights here ?
I mean these reps give great lip service when they are sucking around to get elected and then back door us at every turn.
We're getting into battered wife territory here. "He beats me a couple of times a week , but he says he loves me."

I am curious though because the line of logic fascinates me.
What just happened that was decent and supportive of your second amendment rights here ?
I mean these reps give great lip service when they are sucking around to get elected and then back door us at every turn.
We're getting into battered wife territory here. "He beats me a couple of times a week , but he says he loves me."

I wouldn’t know about battered wife territory but I’ll take your word for it. I’d say we’re in scorched earth mode blaming a few supportive reps for facing the political realities of the situation, it was 139-14 FFS. Every single Molon Labe keyboard badass that lives in MA went to their local police chief hat in hand and asked them for a license so standing on principle and proclaiming their 2A piety rings a little hollow now. Go ahead, don’t support a few good reps over this, good luck w the alternative.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom