How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

droppes off my paperwork and did my prints leo say record looks clean havent been in a courthose since 1985 no convictions then says you will get a letter if denied or we will call no call after 7 weeks called pd did even ask my name said sometimes takes 3 or 4 months they will call no letter no call went to ma gov web it say will get letter if denied in 30 days or issued in 40 days still waiting

there are a whole bunch of keys on the keyboard that represent the common punctuation marks.

I have a migraine now.

I believe I went in for my interview 1/2/08 and my issue date is 1/23/08. Then probably another 3 weeks for so for the printing of the card. But then again my mother does the issuing of gun license in the city I live in, Attleboro MA.

However no special treatment for me, the Chief of Police in Attleboro has restricted all LTC owners under the age of 25 to hunting & target restrictions. It gets released after 25 years old. I had just turned 22 and I too have the H&T restriction [sad2]

I believe I went in for my interview 1/2/08 and my issue date is 1/23/08. Then probably another 3 weeks for so for the printing of the card. But then again my mother does the issuing of gun license in the city I live in, Attleboro MA.

However no special treatment for me, the Chief of Police in Attleboro has restricted all LTC owners under the age of 25 to hunting & target restrictions. It gets released after 25 years old. I had just turned 22 and I too have the H&T restriction [sad2]

*somewhere* is where mine was issued from. When I went in, it was a guy who did all the work with me. Did it change?

Last edited:
Somerville. 5 weeks. LTC-A and NO restrictions. Very easy, friendly and professional. I think the appointments are only on Tuesdays, but prints/pix and interview all in one shot and then you wait your 5 weeks (they estimate 4 to 6 weeks).

Filled out the paperwork, went in for the interview, etc, on 6/8/09. Here we are almost four months later, and still no license. Mine's a renewal, and I live in Arlington, MA.

LTC in Middleboro

I filled out the paperwork on 09/5 and gave the Lt my check for $100. The Lt. was a very nice guy. My check finally cleared on 10/1, but I haven't heard anything from the PD yet.

Should I be concerned? Any thoughts/suggestions?

when i did mine in august in west springfield i had my interview with the chief in the morning and saw the licensing clerk that night. she said about four weeks. four weeks to the day i got my postcard in the mail saying your LTC was ready to be picked up.

My FID took almost a year. I tried applying for my LTC-A a few weeks ago, and I was told that they weren't doing applications for a month due to computer issues. (West Tisbury)

3 weeks. I moved from NY State with a "Sporting" restriction. MA LTC was issued with Restriction = None

Last edited:
My wife and I have not joined on yet, we thought about Leominster R&G, Fitchburg R&G, or Shirley R&G. Their is so many to choose from, and we were about to ask some folks around NES about their experiences. Have any recomendations??( I don't even need them notorized or a doctors note) Teehee??

PM incoming....

-Mike

Somerville. 5 weeks. LTC-A and NO restrictions. Very easy, friendly and professional. I think the appointments are only on Tuesdays, but prints/pix and interview all in one shot and then you wait your 5 weeks (they estimate 4 to 6 weeks).

Somerville with no restrictions?? How did you manage to pull that? I thought that they fell under the Boston rules?

Last edited:
Boston 1 month and still waiting.

I hope they don't find that I was convicted of Kitten juggling or I'm screwed. One kitten didn't make it named Mister wiggles. It was === horrible, but I did my time and hopefully they'll issue my license. Which is as funny as making me wait this long because I let my license expired. C'mon, we already went through this before, it's still me. I wouldn't go through this crap again if I was a criminal would I. Boston blows!

Burlington MA. Almost exactly 3 weeks from the time i dropped off he packet until i recieved it in the mail.

And officer McDadde was a great guy!!

Go Burlington!!!

Restrictions? What are those?

The VA restaurant ban comes to mind :). It's my understanding that you can't even walk through a mall food court if any one of the vendors is licensed to sell beer for on-premises consumption. The discretionary system in MA has some serious problems, however, an LTC-A/unrestricted is less restricted than in many shall-issue states.

The VA restaurant ban comes to mind :). It's my understanding that you can't even walk through a mall food court if any one of the vendors is licensed to sell beer for on-premises consumption. The discretionary system in MA has some serious problems, however, an LTC-A/unrestricted is less restricted than in many shall-issue states.

Actually, you can go to these places as long as you open carry. So, people just tuck their shirts in on the other side of the IWB so that the handle of the firearm can be seen. Then, you are in complete compliance with the law.

From what I understand, the General Assembly will be revoking the concealed carry prohibition in restaurants/bars this coming year AGAIN - if Repub. wins the governorship (looking that way), then it will be signed into law this time. Dem governors have been vetoing it the last few years.

I can live with the VA laws on where you can't concealed carry (at least that applies universally to everyone). It was the "discretionary" issuance in MA that I always took issue with. The COP should not have that power in any state.

Here, the COP is not part of the equation (as it should be). The Circuit Court grants you your concealed carry permit unless you are disqualified specifically for one of the reasons enumerated under the statute (usually felony crimes).

Last edited:
Gardner, Ma

Took 4 weeks but they never called me, makes me wonder how long it was sitting there before i showed up.

Oh yeah, no restrictions, Class A.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom