Hunting with muzzleloaders

The law reads as this.
"A shoulder-fired muzzleloader .44 to .775 caliber. Barrel length must be 18 or more inches with only one barrel operative. In-line ignition systems are permitted providing the rifle loads from the muzzle and does not have a break-open or hinge action (like a single-barrel shotgun). Buckshot is prohibited. Only single projectile ammunition is permitted. Sabot rounds are legal. Powder is limited to black powder or approved substitutes. Scopes and 209 primers are legal."

Does this pertain to break open action in general or does it pertain to breech loaders? I have a TC Encore rifle that will accept muzzleloading barrels. They are loaded from the muzzle but break open to place the percussion cap on the nipple, does this fall under the above restrictions? Thanks.

I've been looking into this as I want to hunt with a muzzleloader this year. I believe the T/C would be considered a hinge - action muzzleloader. The way the abstract reads I believe a hinge - action can only be used during the "shotgun" season for deer.

I don't see their point, why aren't they allowed? Am I going to hide a .308 barrel in my pants to use at a good opportunity? I'll probably get the Savage bolt action muzzleloader, the 10ML will accept smokeless powder, not that we can use that!

Back
Top Bottom