I did something bad to my Gold Cup

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
Can anyone recomend a GOOD gunsmith to accurize a Colt Gold Cup?

It was just fine, but with little knowledge of the gun, I removed some welding in the lock up grooves of the barrel. Now I know that was the custom fitting. I thought it was accumulated bits of metal from firing. Boy do I feel like a jerk.

Can anyone think of a place I can take or send it to get it fixed?

(Hanging my head down) Thanks

Bill

For some true custom work and accurizing, I use George Piper in VT. Last I spoke to him he was backed up about 6 to 8 months. Another is Carl Sokol, also in VT. I have not used Carl, but some knowledgeable friends have.

For George, http://www.pipercustom.com/piper_custom_gunsmithing.htm

For Carl, I have no contact info. Both are very good at what they do and pricing is fair. The wait is related to how good they are.

Regards,

For some true custom work and accurizing, I use George Piper in VT. Last I spoke to him he was backed up about 6 to 8 months. Another is Carl Sokol, also in VT. I have not used Carl, but some knowledgeable friends have.

For George, http://www.pipercustom.com/piper_custom_gunsmithing.htm

For Carl, I have no contact info. Both are very good at what they do and pricing is fair. The wait is related to how good they are.

Regards,

Seems like all the good gunsmiths are always backed up a minimum of 3 or 4 months. That's painful when you want your gun fixed "now".
-Cuz.

Isn't Greg Derr, a member of this forum, a well-known gunsmith also? I've heard some members give him some good references.

Another solid vote for Greg Derr. As soon as I can meet up with him, he's going to overhaul my Sig P226, replacing all the springs and pins on my nearly new, 25k+ shots-fired-downrange pistol.

While he has it down to its component parts, he will also touch up the action a bit.

He is a great gunsmith, an Olympian in pistol shooting, and, of course, an utterly amazing shot!

Back
Top Bottom