I think I am done with S&W

If I couldn't get Glocks I'd probably be carrying an M&P with a cleaned up trigger. (M&P without a trigger job, regardless of state of origin, are terrible or mediocre on a good day. )

Also, you can't really compare a striker fired gun to something like a USP. It's a whole different ballgame. You have to decide what "doctrine" you want to choose before actually choosing the pistol. (eg, DA/SA, DAO, SA only, spring assisted, striker fired DAO (Glocks, M&Ps, etc. )

-Mike

The sig sauer p320 has a great trigger for a striker fired gun.

About a week ago I called S&W to see if I can get a new slide assembly stop for my M&P9c which was produced in June of `09 a week. They said it will take 7-10 business days. I said that will be fine. So I just spoke with the S&W customer and told him that he accidentally sent me an old assembly, I asked him to send me a new on with the bump. He did a little search with the serial of my firearm and he said it was the right one. I said again I want the one with the bump. CS said there is no such thing as the one with the bump, later CS came back and said since your a resident of MA we cannot send you that product. CS said it must be a MA thing. I call BS on this whole thing. Has any had a similar experience with this. Are the assemblies really that different that it won't work in a MA compliant gun

more funny stuff... S&W sends you a new part, free of charge and free shipping... and you come here and complain.... gotta love it!!!!

more funny stuff... S&W sends you a new part, free of charge and free shipping... and you come here and complain.... gotta love it!!!!

I'm overall happy with the S&W customer service, but I want the most updated parts in my firearm. I was just wondering if this was true on what the guy at S&W said was true. I own a couple of smiths and I find that they are a good quality firearm.

Was at a gun store this morning. Guy came behind me and asked if his new s&w was in. Turns out he had an early sigma that had a frame crack so s&w gave him a new 9mm shield as a replacement. Pretty well handled in my opinion

I have friends who have guns in constant rotation with S&W because they don't really fix the issue. For example a friend of mine has a shield with a ****ed up trigger (reset feels wicked shitty) and smith basically refuses to fix it. He's got another M&P with a wandering pin that he sent in, pin still wanders.... I just think they just don't give a shit. I can't completely crap on S&W because overall they make a decent gun, but this vaunted "lifetime warranty" stuff seems like it doesn't amount to much anymore.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

The sig sauer p320 has a great trigger for a striker fired gun.

I know because I own one now. I dunno about "great" but at least it breaks clean and resets well. I might cobble together a writeup later on about the one I bought.

-Mike

I have friends who have guns in constant rotation with S&W because they don't really fix the issue. For example a friend of mine has a shield with a ****ed up trigger (reset feels wicked shitty) and smith basically refuses to fix it. He's got another M&P with a wandering pin that he sent in, pin still wanders.... I just think they just don't give a shit. I can't completely crap on S&W because overall they make a decent gun, but this vaunted "lifetime warranty" stuff seems like it doesn't amount to much anymore.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I know because I own one now. I dunno about "great" but at least it breaks clean and resets well. I might cobble together a writeup later on about the one I bought.

-Mike
Hey, it's still a lifetime warranty. They don't agree to fix it, they just guarantee that they'll keep accepting it back....lol.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -
-Mike

another complaint about something that's not broke... if he wants a custom built trigger,.... APEX will be happy to help him... S&W can't fix what's not broke!!

I bought a 327 performance center. Got home and realized the barrel was canted.
When I talked to S&W customer service they told me that it is supposed to be like that to compensate for spin drift..... On a snub nose revolver...

I had two S&W guns go back for work, a 629 that showed two pages of fixes that needed to be done and a model 60 that shot so low even with the adj. rear at max height you were two inches low at 7 yards. The 629 came back still showing problems and the 60 was swapped out. I remember asking the rep if the 3913 would be coming out in TSW as the fotay had been released recently, and was told without a doubt it would not. I opted for the fotay, and yes, I was young, and not two weeks later the announcement for...yep, the 3913.

Not impressed with them at all.

My M&Ps work just fine. The problem is not the pistol which is quite reliable. The problem is S&W's Customer Service. In my case, the front sight fell off of my M&P Pro and they refused to fix it. I replaced the front sight with a part from Brownells, the biggest supplier of gunsmithing parts and equipment in the US. S&W could have replaced the front sight, but refused to do so, even after I suggested that the necessary front sight was available from Brownells. S&W needs to improve its CS or everybody will be carrying Glocks.

did you ask them about replacing the slide with one with the correct dovetail clearance? That would have been my avenue..

did you ask them about replacing the slide with one with the correct dovetail clearance? That would have been my avenue..

No I did not. Their initial position was that I should fix the gun myself. I tried to cut my losses by getting them to supply me with the proper sight ($30 my cost from Brownells) and they refused. At this point I figured that a new slide $200+ was out of the question. When the MFR tells you to fix your new gun yourself, you are pretty much SOL.

No I did not. Their initial position was that I should fix the gun myself. I tried to cut my losses by getting them to supply me with the proper sight ($30 my cost from Brownells) and they refused. At this point I figured that a new slide $200+ was out of the question. When the MFR tells you to fix your new gun yourself, you are pretty much SOL.

There has to be more to this story than I just read here... there is no way S&W CS tells a customer to piss off if there is a manufacturing issue.. did I miss something... just read what was posted from today..

There has to be more to this story than I just read here... there is no way S&W CS tells a customer to piss off if there is a manufacturing issue.. did I miss something... just read what was posted from today..

i agree there has to be more to the story. I called smith one night needing a channel liner for an m&p. The guy informed me that they were out of stock, i said that sucks. His response, ill go grab one of the line and throw it in the mail for you free of charge. If thats not customer service i dont know what is.

I think they might have worked with him on replacing the slide vs installing an aftermarket sight... the m&p pros are not cheap guns and an replacement slide to a customer is not unheard of. I think the op just got bent out of shape and said the hell with it.

That is the story, period. The only thing I failed to do was to take my problem up the food chain to a manager or supervisor. The tech I spoke to told me to fix the problem myself because they did not have a front sight in stock that would fit the over sized dovetail in the slide. The tech did give me detailed instructions on how to place the front sight in a vise with the base up and gouge the base with a punch to disrupt the metal for an interference fit in the dovetail. At this point I gave up because I knew I could get the proper sight from Brownells and do the job myself for less aggravation than I would suffer if I pursued the matter further. Why would I lie? All they had to do was replace the sight and I would have been a happy camper. They refused for reasons I simply can't fathom.

I have been a big fan of S&W CS for many years as they have taken care of me many times. Once, I desperately needed parts for a pistol to be used in an upcoming match. S&W CS had the parts waiting for me in the guard shack at the entrance to the factory; all I had to do was I.D. myself to pick up the parts and I was on my way home. In those days I had a couple of friends who worked for S&W and were in a position to smooth out any problems I might have had. I never had to ask because S&W CS was top shelf; the best in the industry (IMHO). Not any more.

i agree there has to be more to the story. I called smith one night needing a channel liner for an m&p. The guy informed me that they were out of stock, i said that sucks. His response, ill go grab one of the line and throw it in the mail for you free of charge. If thats not customer service i dont know what is. I think they might have worked with him on replacing the slide vs installing an aftermarket sight... the m&p pros are not cheap guns and an replacement slide to a customer is not unheard of. I think the op just got bent out of shape and said the hell with it.

Don't compare S&W of yesteryear with S&W of today. Too many horror stories coming out of Springfield these days plus they don't have a large inventory of parts as they have gone to lean manufacturing with "just in time" delivery and replacement of parts for projected production runs. A lot of parts are subbed out. It's not your father's S&W or even your S&W of five years ago.

Temp to hire employees, get it out the door from the floor and if it's f***ed have the customer return it and we'll fix it. Right now they are riding the crest of the wave and the public be damned. It's happened before which is why I will not buy any new S&W products.

Back
Top Bottom