I won't be ordering from TSUSA again (I stand corrected)

remember also Lake City does not make anything. Its a plant and complex owned buy the federal government right now ATK has the contract to run the plant. Also a little heads up ATK owns a shit ton of "brands" heres just a few bushnell and tasco come to mind for optic brands
So we never really know whats going to be in the box. If it has the NATO cross head stamp you can count on it being a failed lot for one reason or another for the NATO contract but deemed safe for us peons to shoot. Way back with a discussion with a LC plant worker back when Olin had the plant contract she said most lots failed the specific velocity range it was tested for or failed the mean radius accuracy test

I may know a guy who purchased the same case. Looked just like that. All rounds have performed as they should. An interesting aside if you don't already know, is that the M855 was developed in conjunction with a 1 in 9 twist, 20" heavy barrel and if you happen to have that combination on hand, those ugly, dented rounds will punch surprisingly tight groups…..so I've been told.

Dents would piss me off too. Scratches pass the sniff test for being linked/delinked and sold surplus style but dented? That's bullshit.

Dents would piss me off too. Scratches pass the sniff test for being linked/delinked and sold surplus style but dented? That's bullshit.
Turns out when you have a bunch of metal tubes bouncing around in a box, some of them might get dented.

Of course, I'm happy to take them off your hands if you'd prefer...you know, for safety.

Turns out when you have a bunch of metal tubes bouncing around in a box, some of them might get dented.

Of course, I'm happy to take them off your hands if you'd prefer...you know, for safety.

I sell metal tubes which bounce in boxes - that's why we use cardboard and foam to keep them from being damaged.

Same with storing bulk ammo in cans loose.

There's a reason chip bags seem 1/2 full when you open them - how pissed are you when you open the bag and it's full of crumbs?

So I ordered a case of ammo, one of several orders in the past couple of years.

Here's the description from the order: "Federal American Eagle XXmm NATO Ammo XX Grain XXXXXX 1000 Rounds Bulk ammo review offers the following information; For nearly a century Federal Ammunition has put its focus on manufacturing quality products with cutting edge technology. This dedication to excellence has given Federal a competitive edge as an ammunition technology giant. Today the company is well known for producing high grade centerfire, rimfire, and shotshell ammunition that shooters everywhere know and trust. Made by Lake City Ammunition Plant LCAP, the 62 grain XXX ammo features a 62 grain steel core full metal jacket bullet, brand new never fired virgin brass casing that is annealed for lower expansion purposes, can be reloaded up to seven times for those shooters that reload their xxxmm ammunition, and a non corrosive primer."

Below are some pics of what I got. I called them to let them know and the response was: "Sorry, we are just a distributor, we don't inspect the packages and aren't responsible for that they send you, you have to call Federal directly" WTF?!? I can see there being a problem with an order but to not stand behind what you sell?

Someone tell me I'm missing something, that that's what never fired virgin brass casing looks like.

View attachment 240405 View attachment 240406 View attachment 240407 View attachment 240408

Its not TSUSAs fault. Be mad at Lake City. Also I wouldn't care at all as long as it ran.

That ammo looks fine.

Annealed cases look like they are tarnished. so what
Bulk packed ammo gets banged around so you get the scratch marks, and an occasional dent. so what

rant level 1/10

I think if they explained that is what the new unfired casing looks like and that you can't return ammo that would be one thing but to say they're a distributor and to contact the manufacturer? Not one mention of that's how it's supposed to look [you idiot] and ammo can't be returned due to xyz. I had the feeling they'd have said the same thing if I told them I got .40 grain or another caliber ammo.
if you ordered m855 and they sent you something other than what was actually on your order they would have to make it right. They would have to send you the correct item. They might send a RMA for the wrong stuff they might just say keep it.
they did not send you the wrong item.
you cant expect vendors to hold hands for every purchase.
You ordered a product gou had very little knowledge of.
The description you posted is spot on. Its amazing its not more banged up.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Glqe5UM3r90

its USGI which loosely translates US Good "I" nuff.

It will shoot just fine im sure

I think if they explained that is what the new unfired casing looks like and that you can't return ammo that would be one thing but to say they're a distributor and to contact the manufacturer? Not one mention of that's how it's supposed to look [you idiot] and ammo can't be returned due to xyz. I had the feeling they'd have said the same thing if I told them I got .40 grain or another caliber ammo.
Scroll down to the bottom of the home screen. I did not find anything in thier policy tbat says they wont take ammo back.

i say fill out the form for returns and see what happens
In tbe future if you must have M855 NATO order the stuff in tbe ammo cans on clips . This has a higher probability of being in spec over runs.

what are you shooting this stuff out of anyhow.

I would be glad to relinquish you of this garbage.
Let me know where I can pick it up and take it away.
I will free you.
:D

so im having a real bad arthritis day and im keeping myself distracted by posting. So if there is anyone that wants to know the specs on M855 and get an idea of what it can fail for here is the data from 1994. it has not changed the requirements for the M855A1 are not much better.
MIL-C-63989 C CARTRIDGE 5.56MM BALL M855

if you don't want to look here are some basics
VELOCITY 3000fps +/- 40fps 78 feet from the muzzle

There is a ton of stuff they do to make this mediocre 3mos ish ammo good enough for GI. Basicallly the over all goal is it goes bang.
Also Im not sure if this is covered in this doc. BUT they test lots out of a test barrel and controlled range, The Best lots then are tested in actual weapons then then its either rejected or passed.

I thought the dings were a government "acceptance stamp"... [rofl2]

I paid $10 for a hooker and now I have AIDS...I'm going to start a new thread.

Now I have a reason to never pay more than $10 for a hooker for the rest of my short life.

No, sorry your allegory will not work, because XM855 is more expensive than budget .223

You should have stuck to the $5 hookers, you would still have AIDS, but you wouldn't have paid as much for it (or XM855).

:emoji_tiger:

It's loose ammo that's been tossed around quite a few times. You're actually complaining about dents and finish?

If this is Federal XM (whatever) those cartridges look pretty normal. They don't have the consumer retardpolish job done on them after annealing, etc.

Learn about the product before buying it and this doesn't happen.

-Mike

If this is Federal XM (whatever) those cartridges look pretty normal. They don't have the consumer retardpolish job done on them after annealing, etc.

Learn about the product before buying it and this doesn't happen.

-Mike

I've got case upon case of XM and none (I mean none) has dents.

It's all annealed and will leave residue on hands, and it's not as "clean" or polished as commercial boxes of 20, but it's certainly not dented.

I've never seen dents like that and our ammo is shipped UPS (oops).

This is NOT representative of this product (dents).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom